How does Blizzard keep going into the SAME...

04/04/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Inked
better pvp environment

The original GW offered a better overall pvp experience than wow does, imho. So did DAoC.

okay, stop whining and quit.

Who's whining? Your fanboy-ism is starting to show.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
better pvp environment

The original GW offered a better overall pvp experience than wow does, imho. So did DAoC.

okay, stop whining and quit.

Who's whining? Your fanboy-ism is starting to show.

nice job completely missing the point...go back to high school or something, and learn how to read. pvp is one aspect of games, as a whole the original GW-- nowhere near as complete as world of warcraft is. dark age...please don't get me started.

I'm not a fanboy, I'm a realist. My criticism of this game and the developers is harsh, but I've played just about every MMO on the market (including a small break to try SWTOR which made me desperate to come running back).

my point still stands, if you are not satisfied and you think there is better out there, then quit. it really is that simple. you and others may believe it's complicated, but it really isn't. i'm not saying you are dissatisfied, i never said you were. i'm generalizing. this is another one of those you should learn how to read things.
Edited by Inked on 4/4/2012 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
SWG Pvp > WoW PVP
and SWG doesn't even exist anymore

Then it's hard to say it offerS better anything. Verb tense is important.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
pvp in warcraft is incredible when you compare it to just about any other mmo on the market right now

hahhahahhahhahhaha, oh wait you are serious?

There is a reason MLG dropped Arena as an Esport a loooong time ago.
Edited by Vaelkyri on 4/4/2012 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/04/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Inked
go back to high school or something, and learn how to read.

I can read. I replied to your comment about GW2 and my point related specifically to pvp. You're the one who brought up pve, not me. I wasn't arguing that wow doesn't provide a good pve experience, I even alluded to the fact that pve is the main reason I play this game.

if you are not satisfied and you think there is better out there, then quit. it really is that simple.

Thank you for stating the obvious?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/04/2012 08:54 PMPosted by Vaelkyri
pvp in warcraft is incredible when you compare it to just about any other mmo on the market right now

Yeah and it wasn't for balance issues herp derp.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
04/04/2012 08:54 PMPosted by Vaelkyri

are you kidding? World of Warcraft is the only MMORPG that MLG has taken seriously. yes, that is in the past, but compare it to pvp in any other mmo on the market right now for me, please.

go back to high school or something, and learn how to read.

I can read. I replied to your comment about GW2 and my point related specifically to pvp. You're the one who brought up pve, not me. I wasn't arguing that wow doesn't provide a good pve experience, I even alluded to the fact that pve is the main reason I play this game.

if you are not satisfied and you think there is better out there, then quit. it really is that simple.

Thank you for stating the obvious?

are you also kidding? the entire point of my post was that world of warcraft is hands down the best mmo on the market right now, which is why it has and is continuing to dominate.

okay, find a game that has a better pve environment, better pvp environment, or both. also, do me a favor of finding a game that runs half as good as world of warcraft's engine does while still maintaining quality pve and pvp environments.

there are none, there is not one. that is the end of the argument because no others exist.
like i said, there is a reason this is the most popular mmorpg, now and ever. will it remain that way? absolutely not, gw2 may be the game that trumps this one. ever notice that the only games players threaten to switch to to are either brand new releases that they know nothing about, or have not even been released yet? I'm not saying all other games are bad, they just are not as good for the largest portion of mmo players. don't like world of warcraft? okay, stop whining and quit.

SWG Pvp > WoW PVP
and SWG doesn't even exist anymore

and it was replaced by a game that is, overall, even worse than swg was as a whole.
Edited by Inked on 4/5/2012 2:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
69 Worgen Warrior
04/04/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Elgreezy
pvp in warcraft is incredible when you compare it to just about any other mmo on the market right now.

Pretty amusing seeing a hunter of all classes say this.

there is a reason this game is the most successful mmo of all time

Most successful? Sure, I'll give you that but keep in mind McDonalds serves 68 million customers daily, that doesn't mean McDonalds serves the best food in the world. Quantity =/= quality.

I like your analogy and I agree that McDonald's food is subpar but would you care to tell us which games in the same genre are better than Wow?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
don't like world of warcraft? okay, stop whining and quit.

^

If Blizzard loses enough subscriptions, they will pay attention.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
pvp in warcraft is incredible when you compare it to just about any other mmo on the market right now. then you have to compare the pve of those games which makes this game look like god's gift to to gaming.

there is a reason this game is the most successful mmo of all time and is continuing to dominate the mmo market by a substantial margin.
I completely agree, however that does not mean improvements cannot be made to make it better.

I absolutely understand the concept of competition breeding innovation. Look at the deathwing raid patch, without starwars we would have never seen transmogrification added to the game potentially ever.

I just find it kinda sad that the developers are no longer interested in making the best game possible for us, but rather the minimum level of improvements as long as players keep playing.

The good thing is players are not still playing, players are actually leaving this game now and it really feels like blizzards starting to turn in the right direction. Almost all of the talent trees in MoP are pvp based and hopefully they will work on it like they used to before cataclysm hit.
Reply Quote
04/05/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Oaklander
I like your analogy and I agree that McDonald's food is subpar but would you care to tell us which games in the same genre are better than Wow?

For pve/raiding? None that I've played so far. For pvp like I said earlier I thought both GW and DAoC provided a much better pvp experience. I've been reading a lot about EVE's pvp as well and it looks interesting but even though it's a MMO I wouldn't classify it in the same category as WoW.
Edited by Elgreezy on 4/5/2012 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
83 Undead Mage

Most successful? Sure, I'll give you that but keep in mind McDonalds serves 68 million customers daily, that doesn't mean McDonalds serves the best food in the world. Quantity =/= quality.

That's your opinion, to someone else Mcdonalds could be quality.

Just like this game.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Mage
All abilities should be on cooldowns. Resource management makes very little sense; if any. Players should be focusing thier attention on the action; not on some blue bar, green bars or pointless UI element.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The "we'll fix it next expansion" in an MMO is actually the reason I quit for months. Only real reason I'm back is because my uncle has a way of pulling me back in.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Originally, the $15/month was cited to pay for game updates and server costs. However, everyone knows that server/bandwidth cost is absolutely insignificant.

Recently, Blizzard has been saying that they don't want to change classes mid-expansion, claiming that some players don't like changes. It should be immediately obvious to anyone that is just an excuse to reduce balance changes to reduce workload.

In other words, the $15/month now provides customers with a complete lack of updates, and content that is not at the same quality level compared to BC and WotLK.

For PvPers, the lack of changes and support is even worse. If I was Blizzard, I would be so ashamed to have MLG drop Arenas. It just goes to show how horrendously poor the support is in terms of PvP.

In WotLK, Blizzard added a PvP zone, called Wintergrasp with well-designed strategies. They added destructible buildings and vehicles. They added Death Knights and expanded the talent system. Blizzard worked hard to create an enticing expansion.

In Cataclysm, there were absolutely no new features that expands the gameplay. Tol Barad is a complete bore-fest -- it is simple to the point where it could have been conceived by an 8-year old sketching the layout and mechanics on a napkin. Rated-BG implementation was poor and restrictive.

Fast forward to the next expansion, MoP, MINOR changes to PvE content renamed to "Scenarios" and "Challenges" are touted as selling features. The main reason why MoP was not well-received in the last Blizzcon is not because it has Pandas, it is because MoP has absolutely no new features to be excited about, so players focused their attention on the Pandaren. "Scenarios" and "Challenges" are nothing but minor changes to PvE, and it is sad that Blizzard try to claim such minor features as selling points for an expansion when these minor PvE tweaks should have been in 4.X patch.

I can't see how anyone can justify paying $15/month for lack of support and updates. With Guild Wars 2 coming out that provides way more features compared to MoP, innovative gameplay, dynamic events that replaces the horridly monotonous fetch quests, and exciting PvP and WvW, why would customers continue to pay Blizzard $15/month for the complete lack of innovation and updates?

In fact, even for a long-time Blizzard fan, why would I pay $60 for Diablo 3, when I can pay the same price for Guild Wars 2 that provides a large persistent world, an MMO experience, along with PvP that Diablo 3 doesn't ship with?

QFT.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
What do you mean, the same "trap?" It's pretty obvious that they don't care; the way they develop this game is entirely willful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]