Auto reply addon?

Hello, I was going to make a buylist of items that I was looking for, but first I was trying to find an addon that auto whispered ppl back a message that i set. So if someone whispers me !buylist or just buylist it auto replies with the stuff that I am buying.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
That's rather specific. Addon wise the closest to it that I can think of is AutoTrade which will let you specify trigger words, and also customize reply though it's set to also paste profession links.
Reply Quote
Thank you for the answer. Yes I am looking for an addon similiar to this. I know with the auctioneer addon as well if someone whispers you !Elementium Ore, it auto replies with data about it, so I was trying to see if there was a similiar customizable addon.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
I've just written an AddOn to do this. Use /buylist or /bl in-game to display the help.

To make the AddOn, copy/paste the code blocks below into their own empty text documents and save them with the specified name/extension (capitalisation is important). Make sure you don't save them as .txt files. Once you have both files, move them to a new folder called BuyList in your Interface\AddOns\ folder.

BuyList.toc## Interface: 40300
## Title: BuyList
## Version: 1.0
## Author: Choonster
## Notes: Automatically responds to whispers starting with "buylist" or "!buylist" with a specified response.
## SavedVariables: BUYLISTDB

core.lua

core.lualocal addon, ns = ...
local db;
local prefix = "|cff33ff99BuyList|r:"
local TAB = ("%4s"):format("")
local tabs = setmetatable({}, {
__index = function(t, key)
if type(key) ~= "number" then return end
local str = ""
for i = 1, key do
str = str .. TAB
end
rawset(t, key, str)
return str
end
})

local f = CreateFrame("Frame")
f:RegisterEvent("ADDON_LOADED")
f:RegisterEvent("CHAT_MSG_WHISPER")
f:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
self[event](self, ...)
end)

function f:ADDON_LOADED(name)
if addon == name then
BUYLSITDB = BUYLISTDB or {enabled = true}
db = BUYLISTDB
end
end

function f:CHAT_MSG_WHISPER(msg, author)
if db.enabled and db.msg and (msg:sub(1, 8) == "!buylist" or msg:sub(1, 7) == "buylist") then
SendChatMessage(db.msg, "WHISPER", nil, author)
end
end

SLASH_BUYLIST1, SLASH_BUYLIST2 = "/buylist", "/bl"

SlashCmdList.BUYLIST = function(input)
input = input:trim()
local lower = input:lower()

if lower == "enable" then
db.enabled = true
print(prefix, "Enabled")
elseif lower == "disable" then
db.enabled = false
print(prefix, "Disabled")
elseif input ~= "" then
db.msg = input
print(prefix, ("Message set to %q."):format(input))
else
print(prefix, "Slash Command Usage")
print(tabs[1], "|cffff0000/buylist|r or |cffff0000/bl enable||disable||message|r")
print(tabs[2], "|cffff0000enable|disable|r -- Enable/disable automatic replies.")
print(tabs[2], "|cffff0000message|r -- Set the reply message to |cffff0000message|r.")
print(tabs[2], "Using the slash command without arguments will display this help.")
end
end
Reply Quote
Idk if you will see this.

I am trying to get this to work and I was able to get the files going and everything, but when I do /buylist or anything of that nature nothing happens, and I get the standard Wow chat thing that says type /help for more info.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
Idk if you will see this.

I am trying to get this to work and I was able to get the files going and everything, but when I do /buylist or anything of that nature nothing happens, and I get the standard Wow chat thing that says type /help for more info.

Do you have the AddOn enabled at the character selection screen (and have "Load out of date AddOns" checked)?

What does this output in-game?/dump IsAddOnLoaded("BuyList")
Reply Quote
Yes it is loaded.

1. 1 for the output.

The formatting of the lua and toc files should appear as they do in the box you listed correct?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
You should have a BuyList.toc file with the contents of the first code block and a core.lua file with the contents of the second code block.

Do you get any Lua errors? Make sure you have them enabled from the Interface > Help menu.
Reply Quote
NO Lua errors. When typing /buylist all I simply get is "Type '/help' for a listing of a few commands."

All the codes are in there correctly. I jsut double checked.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
NO Lua errors. When typing /buylist all I simply get is "Type '/help' for a listing of a few commands."

All the codes are in there correctly. I jsut double checked.

That's very strange. What does this output?/dump SlashCmdList.BUYLIST
Reply Quote
nil
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
10/10/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Kyross
nil

What about this:/dump SLASH_BUYLIST1, SLASH_BUYLIST2
Reply Quote
nil, nil
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
It seems the Lua code isn't being loaded properly. Are you sure you named the file core.lua (not core.lua.txt or anything else) and copy/pasted the two code blocks properly?
Reply Quote
Got it to work, or load. It listed the info when I typd /buylist this time.

I did get a lua error:

...\AddOns\BuyList\core.lua line 50: attempt to index upvalue 'db' (a nil value)

and when whispering my self i got:

...\AddOns\BuyList\core.lua line 32: attempt to index upvalue 'db' (a nil value)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]