Healy Priests in Beta

90 Blood Elf Priest
From what I've seen on the beta forums, Priests seem to be (begrudgingly) accepting the disappearance of Rapture and Holy Concentration. This seems to be more of an oversight than an intended change though (at least to me), since other healing classes retain their mana regen mechanics (Revitalize, Judgements of the Pure, Water Shield).
I know, it's pretty early beta, and things are subject to change. It just worries me that so many Priests are just taking this as is.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
I'm sure there will be some sort of fix to regen. There's still a lot of time to continue beta testing. For all we know there may be ridiculous amounts of Spirit on gear so that Rapture/Holy Concentration would be complete overkill.

Or maybe healing will be tuned appropriately around only having Meditation.

Time will tell.
Edited by Ashleycakez on 4/3/2012 9:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I haven't played any of my other healers on beta, so I'm not sure about the difference, but I'll miss Rapture/Holy Conc if the change is intended.

Some priests may also expect it to be like the beginning of Cata. I think, too, priests have developed a "worker harder than others" sort of mentality throughout the years. Overall, I think that's good, because we're able to take difficult changes in stride (but we're also not doormats, normally!).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/03/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Ashleycakez
Or maybe healing will be tuned appropriately around only having Meditation.

I would be okay with this if other healers lost their regen mechanics as well.

04/03/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Ashleycakez
For all we know there may be ridiculous amounts of Spirit on gear so that Rapture/Holy Concentration would be complete overkill.

This fix worries me, because it would mean Priests as a whole would be giving up copious amounts of secondary stats for Spirit just to be viable (as Holy Priests have had to do a bit in this expansion).
On top of that, Judgements of the Pure (and Holy Concentration if it is implemented again) scale with gear whereas Revitalize and Water Shield (and Rapture if it's implemented again) will not. This would end up being the reverse of healer regen today in my mind (where certain classes' regen scales far too well towards the final tier).

edit: grammar
Edited by Ashspike on 4/3/2012 10:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Holy Priests don't need Spirit on every piece...

If I didn't like my ranged dps so much I would've had the Haste/Crit belt and Haste/Mastery ring by now.

*pretends to be specced Holy*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/03/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Elethia
Some priests may also expect it to be like the beginning of Cata.

At the beginning of Cata, we were broken... I'm not looking forward to that happening again :/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/03/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Ashleycakez
Holy Priests don't need Spirit on every piece...

Never said they did. There were tough parts in this expansion where Holy was much more strapped for regen (in my own opinion, and the opinion of many other Priests).
All I meant was that giving up a significant amount of secondary stats to put into Spirit in order to have the same output as other healers doesn't appeal to me very much.

As an aside, I wear the same gear in Holy as I do in Disc. It's not optimal throughput stats, but I have no mana issues with this amount of Spirit. So... I know Holy isn't gasping for mana right now.
as Holy Priests have had to do a bit in this expansion

Emphasized part was meant to imply for a short time, not omglolSpiriteverywherealways. Sorry for the confusion :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Priests have just kind of accepted that right now, our class is a bit shafted in beta. When all the other classes had gotten updated talent calculators, we got almost nothing and then a post from blizzard saying that we were in heavy devolopment. So I personally believe that priests will see some pretty huge changes mid to later beta.

One class will always be worked on first and one class will always be worked on last. We just seem to have the last spot this time around. But I really don't think blizzard would take away both of those for no reason. But if they do it can very well be like others have said spirit will stack so well we won't need it. I wouldn't worry about priest spells and abilities for at least another month into beta.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/03/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Rapsidy
we got almost nothing and then a post from blizzard saying that we were in heavy devolopment.

We've started getting our turn, from what I've heard. With two new possible talents in Cascade and Halo, it seemed to me that the devs were turning their attention over to Priests, so the removal of Rapture and Holy Concentration seemed like a worrisome change.

04/03/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Rapsidy
But if they do it can very well be like others have said spirit will stack so well we won't need it.

Relying on more heavy stacking of a secondary stat because we're missing something every other healer has feels wrong to me, so I sincerely hope this isn't how it ends up.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
04/03/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Ashspike
At the beginning of Cata, we were broken... I'm not looking forward to that happening again :/

Well, I wouldn't say broken. We had our issues, but we were still capable of competitive healing. (I have a blog post from the first few days of Cata that illustrates a good showing of priests in raid ranks.)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Right now, there's not a lot to give feedback on. The level cap is 86, and there's only one dungeon available. Once higher levels are available and healers can actually test their limits at 90, I think you'll hear more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've dipped my toes in the lvl 85 Disc healing game over on beta, and had no problem other than having to learn how to go back to healing without Decursive ;)

1st boss in Jade Temple I was oom quickly because I healed in a H DS way. After that, I started experimenting with my abilities and felt strong. And nowhere near oom. This was also without reforging any of my gear from what I run in H DS - what my armory currently shows.

I can't speak for Holy, but my initial thoughts are simply that NO, we won't be healing MoP like we heal Cata. In the same way that we didn't heal Cata like we healed Wrath.

Having said that, it will be interesting to see what happens with priest healing as beta allows us to level beyond 86; priest healing mechanics changed drastically for us in early Cata, when we had low ilvl gear and hit 84/85.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This seems to be more of an oversight than an intended change though...
It never occurred to me that it was an oversight tbh. I assumed it was an intended change to the build indicating that they are revisiting the regen mechanics of both specs.
Hence I haven't even tried to heal anything of significance on the current beta builds.

Until I see a blue post saying this is an intended/permanent omission (which I think is "unlikely") I'll just continue to investigate available quests, professions and so on.

Heals testing in the interim is a pretty much a waste of time I think.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
04/04/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Aerr
Heals testing in the interim is a pretty much a waste of time I think.

I agree. Questing as AA/A Holy with all the delicious pewpew glyphs (instant cast Holy Fire - that sometimes isn't instant!) is what I've been enjoying in beta. Reporting all the bugs is fun too.
Reply Quote
All i suggest is . . Just relax. . .they did the same thing in Cata beta with messing around with our mana regen with adjusting spirit its going to be broken most likely for the first month of release of MoP.

Just history repeating itself.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
With a fixed mana pool they had to be careful with rapture, also spell mana costs have dropped dramatically with the last patch.

I am having a harder time keeping up my regen with holy more than disc so far, but it hasn't been unbearable. I did freak out on my resto shammy for a bit though lol - that being said, the level cap is at 86 right now so, we'll see what happens :p
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
04/04/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Selithilea
With a fixed mana pool they had to be careful with rapture

This is something I'm worried about. Seems to me with the fixed mana pool, if they put rapture back in, it will be a decent regen mechanic in the beginning, but as gear gets better, it won't scale at all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Recubee: no...this is the beta for a reason. You're not supposed to talk not sit back and relax. Sit back too long and watch the problems grow and grow. If we are missing a mechanic othet healers have now is the time to be in an uproar.

I'm put off by the complacency of a lot of beta testers to be honest. I've always been a somewhat average player, and only got into the last beta because of the guild I was in, but I tested everything and reported everything. To get an invite now, you need to buy a year pass...lol, what a joke this game has become.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
That's a cute assumption you've got there. I know I have posted and discussed bugs present in the beta, and I'm sure some of the other posters in this thread have.

I might not be tackling dungeons (I got a job and only so much time during the week! Hope to get in one or two this weekend), but I have pulled my share questing and checking out bugs.

And oh my there are bugs! Not everyone beta tests for dungeons/raids from the get-go.

Holy regen is a problem when massively chain pulling during quests, but not enough to cause me severe downtime. There is a bug with Glyph of Holy Fire that makes it not instant cast, at least this past weekend when I was on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/04/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Vahlor
I've always been a somewhat average player, and only got into the last beta because of the guild I was in

How is that any different than buying your way in with the pass. You talk about what a joke this game is but isn't it quite stupid that you would get an advantage over others just because of a guild title?

04/04/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Vahlor
I'm put off by the complacency of a lot of beta testers to be honest.

I assure you the priests in here won't be complacent if we continue to be clunky and lose spells ect father on in beta. But I mean we can't even get past level 86 right now, seems silly to freak out yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]