MoP: Fel Flame refreshes.... Corruption???

85 Undead Rogue
I'm very confused with the latest public build. The tooltip on Fel Flame says that it now refreshes the duration of Corrupion on the target (no more UA or Immolate). First off; why? Secondly, this is a total waste. I just don't see the point of wasting a GCD on Fel Flame to refresh a DoT that can be reapplied insantly with that same GCD?? Corruption an instant cast ability, it doesn't need Fel Flame tied to it....

Is that a tooltip error or what?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Maybe if you get locked out of shadow? I haven't really looked at the talents in depth but it could just be a mistake.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Well, it isn't exactly a waste. You can use a GCD to reapply Corruption or you can use a GCD to refresh Corruption and do some extra damage.

Yeah, I'm hoping it's an error too.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
There's three versions of Fel Flame.

Affliction's version refreshes UA and Corruption. Demo's version only refreshes corruption, but turns into a frontal line AoE when in Meta form. Destro's version refreshes immolate, does more damage, costs more mana, and generates embers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

about time! /cheer

Affliction's version refreshes UA and Corruption. Demo's version only refreshes corruption, but turns into a frontal line AoE when in Meta form. Destro's version refreshes immolate, does more damage, costs more mana, and generates embers.

there always has to be a catch :(
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Well, it isn't exactly a waste. You can use a GCD to reapply Corruption or you can use a GCD to refresh Corruption and do some extra damage.

Yeah, I'm hoping it's an error too.

It will be the same situation about refreshing UA in PvE with Fel Flame. Not worth it unless you're moving.
Reply Quote
04/05/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Akvon

about time! /cheer

there always has to be a catch :(

Affliction's version refreshes UA and Corruption.

...how is that a catch? that's liquid win right there.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
04/05/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Obus
..how is that a catch? that's liquid win right there.

are you sure about that? sounds like conditional stipulations being put on the spell depending on what spec you are in. whats wrong with it working the same with all specializations and positional requirements for use?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Akvon, what are you talking about conditional stipulations? Destro doesn't HAVE corruption anymore.

In each spec it refreshes abilities FOR THAT SPEC.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Destro doesn't HAVE corruption anymore.

In each spec it refreshes abilities FOR THAT SPEC.

nothing of importance if that is the way it works. win indeed
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
04/05/2012 10:50 PMPosted by Akvon
..how is that a catch? that's liquid win right there.

are you sure about that? sounds like conditional stipulations being put on the spell depending on what spec you are in. whats wrong with it working the same with all specializations and positional requirements for use?

Proof people will complain about anything, regardless of how good it is.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
04/06/2012 12:16 AMPosted by Youcoulddie
Proof people will complain about anything, regardless of how good it is.

!@#$. you are a mage and have no place in this conversation. by the looks of it, your helmet-headbanging self made a good choice with sticking with the magi. your warlock is pitiful.

you do not have what it takes to play a warlock. no self respecting DPS stacks that much spirit and thinks they can get away with it through reforging. you can take that $hit$ back to the 5 mans you shine in. good guild name for yourself. own on Mamm
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Ah, so I guess it was a tooltip error then in the latest build calc. Didn't see anything about 3 different Fel Flame variations, refreshing UA/Immo or any of that. Thanks for clearing that up.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Creepin, I don't see anything about it on the calculator either, however pull up MoP Beta video's on youtube about warlocks and watch them. Felflame is refreshing different abilities in each spec when it's used.

It's hard to find one that shows this for Destro because of how incredibly broken the mana is at this point, but if you look you can find it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
As far as I am aware, it refreshed UA and Corruption. The only spells you will ever actually hard cast are Haunt, Agony, MG - After obviously applying all dots.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Blizzard's talent calculator is out of date. Wowhead's calculator is more up to date, but still a little iffy on some abilities.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]