how do you cancel annual pass?

(Locked)

85 Draenei Shaman
04/05/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Yakuchin
One does not simply cancel the Annual Pass.

I lol'd

Anyways, if you are serious, good luck. It's a CONTRACT. It's never easy to get out of a contract. If you wish to try however, how else would to think to do it? Call the freaking company and talk to them. But like I said, good luck.

oh and one more thing.

04/05/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Tastytoast
i love these threads
90 Troll Death Knight

Call blizzard customer support... anyone who wants out, for any reason, calls them, they remove all the perks including the mount, the beta access, and the diablo 3 license.

That's it... no muss, no fuss...

Exactly, don't listen to trolls who go into a speech about it being a contract you can't get out of.

Just call Blizzard, they can remove the perks along with your Annual Pass subscription.

Billing and Account Services
Hours: 7am - 8pm Pacific Time, 7 days a week
North America 1-800-592-5499

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contactbilling
Edited by Rudemood on 4/5/2012 2:40 PM PDT
6 Draenei Hunter
They will cancel if you call like Gruulok said. If for some reason you want you can tell them the reason...

My friend lost his job from a layoff including himself and several others so he basically said "I'm on the annual pass and I have lost my job." It took him only a couple minutes after the rep answered the phone.

They aren't evil like some are saying. You can cancel at any time! I just have a feeling it may bar you from future promotions like this in the future, but I am merely guessing about that.
45 Human Warlock
04/05/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Juniorv

Its a contract so you can't really cancel it.

However, call Account and Billing to talk to them about cancelling the pass.
90 Goblin Warlock
They will cancel if you call like Gruulok said. If for some reason you want you can tell them the reason...

My friend lost his job from a layoff including himself and several others so he basically said "I'm on the annual pass and I have lost my job." It took him only a couple minutes after the rep answered the phone.

They aren't evil like some are saying. You can cancel at any time! I just have a feeling it may bar you from future promotions like this in the future, but I am merely guessing about that.

It won't... the whole reason behind the AP was to ensure people didn't have to make hard choices about which games they pay for... they would rather have you invested in the game with a month subscription than sell you a one time transaction game like diablo, so they said, you keep your wow sub active, you get diablo 3 free... future promotions aren't affected by your participation, or non-participation in any other promotions... it wouldn't make good business sense to prevent someone from giving you money :)
90 Goblin Death Knight
04/05/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Juniorv
what number i call??

867-5309
Edited by Whaang on 4/5/2012 2:40 PM PDT
85 Human Death Knight
I like how no one sees what I said rofl.
90 Goblin Death Knight
04/05/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Whaang
what number i call??

867-5309

You got it, got it, got it?
90 Goblin Warlock
04/05/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Spaceghost
I like how no one sees what I said rofl.

Everyone can see it... it is just a dumb idea.

Mostly because you are posting your plan to defraud blizzard.. ON THEIR OFFICIAL FORUMS... but hey, go ahead with your master plan there genius.
Edited by Gruulok on 4/5/2012 2:43 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Mage
<stupid illegal plan>

You do know that this can be considered fraud, and that Blizzard is well within the rights of the contract to come after you in any way they can, in order to get the money you LEGALLY AGREED to give them, right?
Edited by Trehtik on 4/5/2012 2:54 PM PDT
- Technical Support
90 Human Rogue
The AP is a contract just like a cell phone agreement. You agreed to pay your subscription every month for one year. NEVER just stop payment on this or any other contract as it is considered breach of contract or, in some cases, fraud. Blizzard, like any other company you sign a contract with, has the right to pursue you for payment.

If someone has an issue fulfilling a contract the best thing to do is to call the company and see what options you have. Some are willing to work with you to reduce, defer, or completely remove payment requirements. Blizzard Billing can discuss your options with you and also discuss any penalties that may apply to your account such as ineligibility for promotions in the future. Only Blizz can give an official answer so call them.

Billing, Account Services & Technical Support
Hours: 7am to 8pm US Pacific Time 7 days a week

US and Canada: 1-800-592-5499
Australia: 1-800-041-378
New Zealand: 0-800-452-520
Chile: 1230-020-5554
Mexico: 001-888-578-762
Argentina: 0800-333-0778
Brazil: 0-800-892-1630

Wait times are a bit high right now so use a land line or Skype to save minutes on your cell phone. Skype is free to download and 1-800 calls are free from it.
90 Undead Warlock
Not paying blizzard cannot be considered fraud. Breach of contract and fraud are distinguishable and do not lead to each other. There is nothing illegal about not paying blizzard. It is not a great idea to stop paying them for a variety of reasons but legality is not one of them.
90 Blood Elf Priest
[Removed]
And if you don't make a payment, the mount, D3, and beta access will be pulled from your account for not holding up your end of the contract. The contract you signed says you will pay for 12 consecutive months of game time for WoW. Not only that, but if you fail to make a timely payment, you would also be ineligible for any future promotions.
Edited by Vrakthris on 4/5/2012 3:37 PM PDT
85 Human Mage
They have been turning down all kinds of people for trying to cancel the annual pass so it may not work. I imagine you have to show proof of hardship to be able to cancel it. They used to let people out, but I believe since the beta started they have stopped that due to the people trying to cancel solely because they didn't instantly get a beta invite.

It doesn't hurt to ask, but be prepared that they may turn you down.
Support Forum Agent
Signing up for the Annual Pass requires a 12 month commitment to maintain an active subscription. We understand that things happen, and in certain cases our Billing and Account Services department may be able to help.

As some of the others recommended, please give them a call.

Billing and Account Services

Live Representatives Available 7am to 8pm PST/PDT
For phone assistance please call: 1 (800) 592-5499 || 1 (800) 59-BLIZZARD

• Players in Australia should call 1-800-041-378
  • Players in New Zealand should call 800-452-520 (7AM - 5PM NZST)
  • Players in Singapore should call 1-800-328-8881
  • Players in Chile should call 1230-020-5554
  • Players in Mexico should call 001-888-578-7628
  • Players in Argentina should call 0800-333-0778
  • Players in Brasil should call 0-800-892-1630
  • All other international players should call: (949) 955-0283
Edited by Vrakthris on 4/5/2012 4:34 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]