Earthen Ring World PvP - Part Two

What:
AIE is hosting another Halaa battle, last one was held about a year and a half back with great success, we had a ton of skirmishes and large battles within the city and a bunch of Alliance and Horde alike showed up - it was awesome.
For those who don't know exactly what goes down in Halaa:
The Battle for Halaa takes place in Nagrand, you control the city by holding the flag, in order to infiltrate the city 'properly', you need to bomb the guards stationed inside via the Flight Masters nearby. When an enemy player is killed, you recieve a Halaa Battle Token, with these tokens along with Oshu'gun Crystal Powders found throughout Nagrand, you can use them to purchase Talbuk mounts!

When:
April 28th (this is a Saturday) - at 8PM server time, sharp - in the city of Halaa

Who:
Anyone! Both Alliance and Horde alike are welcome to show up to prove their mettle, I encourage you all to spread the word among friends and guildies to pass this along - the more the merrier.

So please spread the word and I hope to see you there!
Solar
Edited by Solarflair on 4/14/2012 11:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Edited by Devona on 4/10/2013 6:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
it's all in your head...
Reply Quote
Lol Devona you're a nut.

And hey Priced! I was actually looking for you the last time we did this event - any chance you can help spread the good word to the Alliance?
Reply Quote
However, I do need to make an adjustment. I was given a trip to Switzerland and France by family and I will be leaving on the 25th, so! We do have a date adjustment. I repeat, a date adjustment to April 21st - this is still a Saturday! The time will remain the same.
Thank you!
Reply Quote
Bump for good measure. Please spread the word along in both Alliance and Horde chat channels.

Don't forget! April 21st at 8PM server time.
Reply Quote
Big bump for tomorrow April 21st at 8PM server!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I heard there might be some hugs and cuddles with alliance in Halaa?

Team Acid will most likely be there and want to join forces with AIE for the love fest.

Love,
Acid
Reply Quote
100% certain there is a Skull on my head. D<
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I went to this event, Alliance side of course, and there was no clear leadership. Neomis tried to give directions, but he was drowned out by general chatter.
Words of Advice: If AIE tries to do this again, send one of your leaders over to the Alliance side, and have them lead the Alliance team. Get people in Ventrillo. If there is the same turnout next time, there is no way the Alliance will be able to retake Halaa with our greatly outnumbered force. The general slaughter in combination with no clear directions caused a lot of people to leave early. I don't know how it was on the horde side, but for the Alliance it just felt messy.

So...Alliance had Halaa, battle started, Horde took Halaa, Alliance killed a few Horde. (got 15 tokens), and then....the Horde started attacking Stormwind? What's up with that?
Edited by Sprucelee on 4/21/2012 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Yup, that was a little frustrating. With the numbers as unbalanced as they were I think we'd all have gotten a lot more of what we were in theory there for - tokens - if some of us had taken things a little less seriously. Beating a team you massively outnumber isn't exactly an accomplishment, and bailing abruptly on an event you were 'hosting' and playing silly games in Stormwind instead was pretty lame. (Really, hiding behind the ah podiums and laying down so much aoe most of us could hardly move for the lag, let alone see? You'd rather do that than try to get some mounts in Outland?)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
04/21/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Cylthia
Yup, that was a little frustrating. With the numbers as unbalanced as they were I think we'd all have gotten a lot more of what we were in theory there for - tokens - if some of us had taken things a little less seriously. Beating a team you massively outnumber isn't exactly an accomplishment, and bailing abruptly on an event you were 'hosting' and playing silly games in Stormwind instead was pretty lame. (Really, hiding behind the ah podiums and laying down so much aoe most of us could hardly move for the lag, let alone see? You'd rather do that than try to get some mounts in Outland?)

Hardly any Alliance showed up. Most of you left early and we decided to take it to Stormwind. The lag was unbearable for me as well. I could barely cast on my mage. I think we should do Halaa more often. I did actually enjoy that, but was disappointed with the lack of numbers on the Alliance side. There wasn't any challenge because of that. However, despite the lag, I did enjoy fighting you guys around about the gate of Stormwind. I still want more tokens for a mount.
Edited by Sharron on 4/21/2012 8:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Changing the date from the initial posting probably didn't help.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Wait wait. You were lagging to the point where you couldn't cast on your mage, yet you want more Alliance people there?

I went in with the thought that this would kind of be like a give and take kinda thing where both sides can farm up tokens for the talbuk mounts. If I wanted PvP action, i'd just go to TB or any old battlegrounds. At least there, i'd have a chance to get some achievements in addition to the PvP activity. Thus I concluded the main purpose of fighting in Halaa would be to farm the marks.

We started out with 35 Alliance members, but quickly dwindled when no one could figure what was going on. As i've said before, maybe next time we could establish a leader for the Alliance side to coordinate with the Horde leader over vent so we can establish when to stop attacking and let the other side kill us for marks, and vice versa.

With that said, even if we only had like 15 people, that's still plenty of marks for you guys to farm. If we used the res sickness spawn trick, I'm sure all of the horde people could have had all the marks they needed in less than 10 minutes.
I decided to trade kills with a horde friend of mine last night(1 person), and it took me about an hour or so to farm all the tokens I needed out of him.
Edited by Sprucelee on 4/22/2012 11:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Yeah, the piling into the Auction House, and lagging the city is kind of annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Wait wait. You were lagging to the point where you couldn't cast on your mage, yet you want more Alliance people there?

I went in with the thought that this would kind of be like a give and take kinda thing where both sides can farm up tokens for the talbuk mounts. If I wanted PvP action, i'd just go to TB or any old battlegrounds. At least there, i'd have a chance to get some achievements in addition to the PvP activity. Thus I concluded the main purpose of fighting in Halaa would be to farm the marks.

We started out with 35 Alliance members, but quickly dwindled when no one could figure what was going on. As i've said before, maybe next time we could establish a leader for the Alliance side to coordinate with the Horde leader over vent so we can establish when to stop attacking and let the other side kill us for marks, and vice versa.

With that said, even if we only had like 15 people, that's still plenty of marks for you guys to farm. If we used the res sickness spawn trick, I'm sure all of the horde people could have had all the marks they needed in less than 10 minutes.
I decided to trade kills with a horde friend of mine last night(1 person), and it took me about an hour or so to farm all the tokens I needed out of him.

Considering this happened in STORMWIND and not in NAGRAND. I was quite fine in Nagrand with all the casting and AoE. I thought we were just going to play around outside of SW and have a world battle of some sort, but ya know.
Reply Quote
Reds! Must... must kill. Kill!

*froths at mouth*
Reply Quote
70 Goblin Death Knight
While the odds will say the Alliance would lose every time due to numbers in events like this (If you don't agree you silly member of AIE, even the Spartans lost), I would like to throw my hat in the ring for "RL" of an event like this on the Alliance side to help with the lack of communication.

I know this is thinking way ahead but, unless someone has a large open vent we'd be typing as I imagine most ER members don't use skype?

Anyway, hope at least some people from both factions had fun. Keep it easy killers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]