Fist pump for mediocrity

100 Night Elf Druid
Bam, H Hagara down. I'm stoked. Unreasonably so. It got me thinking about the "Eitrigg is dead" vs the "I love Eitrigg threads", and I can't help really being reinforced as to why I love this server and why I defend it.

Downing this boss makes us 5/8 heroic at a 15% nerf, but it doesn't feel like 15% to us. We are a group of average players who are friends and family. We have barbeques at the 4th of July and get Drunk on New Years together. We wipe. A lot. We have to invent new strats because we're never good enough to do the existing strats. We cheer boisterously when we finally get that boss we've been working on for weeks like we're pros.

And in our minds, I think we are pro, lol. I honestly think this is what defines Eitrigg and why I have been here for 6 years. I'm proud of every person that works towards something bigger than themselves, or who actually takes time to attempt and fight for accomplishments for the server. I'll forever be happy to be a part of it, looking up from right smack in the middle.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Supryia approves of this message.

I miss Eitrigg on this toon. Grats on your 5/8! I've raided with your guild and I enjoyed it. Best of luck to you all!

<3
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Much gratzness to you :)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Eitrigg is still pretty much dead but I love it so =(
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/06/2012 12:03 AMPosted by Supryia
I miss Eitrigg on this toon.

:O you transferred? I was hoping someone would have picked you up :( Best of luck on Sargeras, I hope you find an awesome home!

And thanks Vrash! Much appreciated :D
Reply Quote
gartz on teh kill.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
grats on the 15% hagara kill? how the !@#$ did you manage to get the other 3 but not hagara?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/07/2012 11:38 PMPosted by Hollywóód
how the !@#$ did you manage to get the other 3 but not hagara?

haha, that's a good question Holly, and one we've asked since Kara. It's just the way our group works. For our 10 man, some people can conceptualize one fight and have a tough time on another. I've learned to ignore "this fight is easier than that fight" comments, because it's incredibly subjective for us.

We tried Hagara, it was a mess of people running everywhere, and we knew up front it would be a challenge for us. Zon'ozz felt challenging because of the amount of throughput we needed, but the coordination was less striking. It was much easier for us to sledge-hammer through the incoming damage than for us to learn to "all run and avoid junk".
Reply Quote
HEH, me and a hunter kept running around during ice pahse. everyone else stayed near the first crystal and moved into the dome if they got the slow to get dispelled. and then they moved on to the next one. i thought that hagara was kinda fun... considering dragon soul has been nothing but a disappointment for me so far. I cant really raid like i used to and im only really on during the day which blows.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Only possible with 15% nerf and only on Eitrigg XD
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/11/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Prettyboyhlz
Only possible with 15% nerf and only on Eitrigg XD

Yep!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
talks crap about eitrigg, has LFR kills.

on a side note - Eitrigg's bad :X
Reply Quote
lol
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
lol why would i want to do that i hardly go on cus i have a life.. Eitrigg is bad on the horde side the Ally side has always done better
Reply Quote
should have said inb4 "ihavealife" quote.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Hey i have a life too guess that makes us cool bro?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
04/14/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Prettyboyhlz
lol why would i want to do that i hardly go on cus i have a life.. Eitrigg is bad on the horde side the Ally side has always done better

I has life. I has boss kills.

I see nothing wrong in spending a good 2-9 weeks of raiding every day to have the next 2-6 months of your WoW raiding only once every Tuesday.
Edited by Horcjr on 4/14/2012 6:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Im pugging over on Alliance side & finding im getting 8/8 reg in a similar amount of time it would take me to get 8/8 LFR.

Sure its 15% buff, but still, 3-4 hours, full clear, sunday afternoon, few beers, pretty chill.
Reply Quote
04/14/2012 06:33 PMPosted by Horcjr

I has life. I has boss kills.

I see nothing wrong in spending a good 2-9 weeks of raiding every day to have the next 2-6 months of your WoW raiding only once every Tuesday.

If you are more progressed then somebody you must have no life. We're only 6/8 h and i actually saw someone from perfect dark say in trade that everybody in this guild has no life and lives in their mother's basement. Cuz apparently raiding two days a week for about 6 hours a week is too taxing for us to actually be functioning human beings.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter

If you are more progressed then somebody you must have no life. We're only 6/8 h and i actually saw someone from perfect dark say in trade that everybody in this guild has no life and lives in their mother's basement. Cuz apparently raiding two days a week for about 6 hours a week is too taxing for us to actually be functioning human beings.

HAHAHAHA! :D

Clearly there is no life to be had once you raid, pfft.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]