veco vs emerald dream

85 Blood Elf Warrior
I am looking to transfer to veco or emerald dream.

What I am looking for:

Less players that have a ego
players that don't make a big deal out of losing
w.pvp
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Well my ego is more than enough for 4 servers.
Reply Quote
I haven't been on Emerald Dream in a few years, but I imagine you're going to find ego whatever server you go. Its just about getting in the right guild/group of players that are just out to enjoy it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior

What I am looking for:

w.pvp

ED has more of everything - including ego, which tends to go hand in hand with a high pop realm.
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
04/06/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Whalehunt
Well my ego is more than enough for 4 servers.
well it shouldn't be, cause you're terrible
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Best mage in the WORLD.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
HA I wondered where you went Charax.
Edited by Zerò on 4/7/2012 2:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Roll an alt on both and see for yourself which community best suits your needs.

What you won't over on ED: Veco players hopping in ED forums trolling.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
04/07/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Zerò
HA I wondered where you went Charax.

While ED is an active realm, I'm parking my main for awhile and playing some alts these days on Anub'arak. /who 85 will find only 20-35 players. Heh. I might port some over to Veco for MoP.
Reply Quote
10 Human Priest
Considering ED has dysfunction in its name, I wouldn't want anything to do with it.
Reply Quote
emerald dream is where dreams come true.I was VECO FO LYF. but ED is a better server. and by better i mean bigger not saying veco doesnt hold a special place in my heart and pants.

but ya more pvp more pve more world pvp

the world pvp blows veco out the water. (not on vecos prime but now)

Disclaimer: I think veco beat ED to heroic DW but ED still has more pve guilds .
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Paladin

What I am looking for:

w.pvp

I just came over from ED. Couldn't stand it. Yes, there's more PvE, but I'd argue against there being more PvP as I've seen Org and other cities attacked more on Veco in just one week than I have on ED in months.

Also, the people are nicer. I've already made a good friend in one week due to a simple /smile and /wave.

You be the judge.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The auction house on VeCo takes 3 minutes to scan. The auction house on ED takes 20 minutes to scan. 'Nough said.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I have toons on both realms. From what I have observed so far, VeCo has a friendlier community.

WPVP on VeCo happens in certain areas: Honor Hold - Thrallmar, Ogrimmar - Stormwind, Darkshire, Lakeshire, the Barrens. You usually get defense/offense raid invites if you're willing to show up.

WPVP on Emerald Dream, in my opinion, is more chaotic. 40 Hordes occupying Deeprun Tram doesn't happen on VeCo. But the community there has generally more trolls, annoying and obnoxious.
Reply Quote
saying ED has more trolls is like saying the ocean has more fish than lake michigan. A bigger "pool" is going to result a higher number.Reason Veco has no trolls is because theres barely anyone playing anymore. Save for prime time tuesday-friday trade chats are dead.

I'm not bashing Veco I'm saying it's not what it used to be.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
I came from ED to play with friends here - I still have a few toons over there I visit once in a while. ED will hold a special place in my heart because I was there when it first launched a loooong time ago. Anyway - yes ED has a higher active population and you will find more PVE / PVP guilds (if you are a late night hordie might I recommend Nyx ;-) ) - but on busy nights you may find some que times to log in (maybe not as much now but come MoP I'm sure it will happen again like every xpac). So far on Veco I have found many great people and it is more tight knit where you feel like you know each other. Trolls are less, baddies aren't as bad, and the AH doesn't seem too unreasonable.
Reply Quote
I don't think you're going to find a place with less ego. Gamers and ego are eternally linked no matter what game you play.

I've been 3 years on Veco and a couple months on Emerald Dream. Veco has a nice community if you already know people but I find Emerald Dream to be more friendly to newcommers.

Veco doesn't have trolls? Some people must spend no time in the city. Veco Alliance trade chat has so many trolls we should be flying a red banner.

I agree with the person who said roll alts on both. Check it out for yourself. Only you can decide what's best for you.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
To let others know I have been here before a few years ago.(I played horde side.) my toons where: lenralca(pally), desvelra(dk), lehonas(mage), desvelras(lock), velralca(priest), desralca(rogue)

I just I am wanting to get a better idea of whats changed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm actually interested in transferring servers as well. Is this server really any good? Who wins TB? Are the people friendly? Is pvp good here?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
As someone who was in one of the good raiding guilds and partook in both RP and PVE on Emerald Dream for the majority of 2007-2009, I can say, if it's anything like that still, it wins in the aspect of PVE progression, easily.

As for RP, I can't say past 09ish I saw much good RP on ED, but Veco does have some good RP guilds.

Just don't expect Veco to be what it's not, and you'll like it.
Edited by Christofer on 4/28/2012 12:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]