Feral Nerfed in MOP?

90 Troll Druid
Hello Fellow Kitties

Will Feral PVP be nerfed in MOP ?

One of our main advantage in PVP is that passive 30% movment speed increase in cat form but in MOP our 30% movement speed talent has been reduced to 15% ,And for that too we have to choose between Displacer beast and Wild Charge which are more vital for PVP . Already we have a hard time stunning moving targets when we are in stealth and my guess is our movement speed will still be lowered when in stealth.

Now I think many other class will run faster than us or keep with us easily… like Dk’s in Unholy form and paladins are going to get a talent option that passively increases their movement speed by 10% and speed increases further more 10% for each charge of holy power.

And I cant find any good Videos about Feral Druid’s PVP in MOP
Or am I wrong and all is good for Feral pvp in MOP??
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
well with us having to keep up a buff to have comparable dps to our current setup in mist along with bleeds being able to be dispelled all our extra mobility we will be getting in my oppinion will be worthless especially since mangle doesnt even increase the dmg taken by bleeds anymore so look forward to going boomkin or re rolling another class in mist
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Druid
Movement speed is not nerfed.

There is a 15% speed increase baked into Cat form now, the talent gives an additional 15%.
But given that the talent doesn't stack with the boot enchant, you might chose to take Wild Charge and use the Boot enchant, for a total +24% speed in Cat. (slightly less than the +30% we have now.)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/07/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Greénlee
well with us having to keep up a buff to have comparable dps to our current setup in mist along with bleeds being able to be dispelled all our extra mobility we will be getting in my oppinion will be worthless especially since mangle doesnt even increase the dmg taken by bleeds anymore so look forward to going boomkin or re rolling another class in mist
If the buff your referring to is savage roar you should be keeping that up right now on live, the only difference between now and MoP is that not having it up will be an across the board damage loss instead of just a massive loss to one particular source of damage, the end result is the same.

The bleed thing is true, but is getting blown so many leagues out of proportion that it's not really deserving of a legitimate response. The mangle debuff is also not a valid complaint, as that bonus damage is being baked into all bleeds for classes that utilize bonus bleed debuffs. And even if that wasn't the case, arms warriors and sub rogues are losing that bleed damage too, your not special.

On that subject, I guess the bleed dispel is also not a special case argument, since druids won't be the only class in the game that actually uses bleeds.
Edited by Levier on 4/7/2012 1:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
May be we will get another 15% movement speed increase for PVP 4 Set bonus ...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/07/2012 01:46 AMPosted by Levier
If the buff your referring to is savage roar you should be keeping that up right now on live,

PVE, yes. Not so much in PVP.

It's way more important to keep up Rip / Rake; SR is mostly just used if you're fishing for a PS proc or swapping targets from range / already has a Rip up with only a couple of CPs on the target.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
If the buff your referring to is savage roar you should be keeping that up right now on live, the only difference between now and MoP is that not having it up will be an across the board damage loss instead of just a massive loss to one particular source of damage, the end result is the same.

On that subject, I guess the bleed dispel is also not a special case argument, since druids won't be the only class in the game that actually uses bleeds.

On both points you're making a false equivalency.

For SR, 30% of all damage done is not the "same end result" as 50% of autoattack damage (which even with SR in pvp settings is often as low as 10% of damage done).

And for bleed dispel, that's another false equivalency. Other classes are affected, yes, but rogues don't rely on Rupture for sustained dmg or burst in pvp. Nor do warriors use Rend for damage, they use it so the ticks will let them proc Overpower. For warriors, dispelling Rend isn't a big deal because they can just use a global to put it back up. For ferals, it's 4 seconds to get the energy back for rake alone and definitely much longer than 8 seconds to put up Rip without cooldowns.

You don't seem to be much of a pvper by the sound of your post, but try speccing feral and take a look at your damage without bleeds. Outside of tiger's fury and berserk, it takes much longer than 8 seconds to put up rip which is major damage. Then, take a look at recount and see how much of your damage was from white swings, and you'll see that a trivially dispelled buff accounting for 30% damage is not the same "end result".
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

There is a 15% speed increase baked into Cat form now, the talent gives an additional 15%.
But given that the talent doesn't stack with the boot enchant, you might chose to take Wild Charge and use the Boot enchant, for a total +24% speed in Cat. (slightly less than the +30% we have now.)

It is nerfed you would have to be a complete retard to not take wild charge for feral pvp so you WILL be 15% slower.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
AXE

It is nerfed you would have to be a complete retard to not take wild charge for feral pvp so you WILL be 15% slower.

Agreed. A useful speed boost may outweigh Displacer Beast (which, btw, is a 3 minute CD that does NOT remove dots/bleeds), but is vastly inferior to the useful Wild Charge. I fear druids may be in a bad place PVP-wise come MoP.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid

Agreed. A useful speed boost may outweigh Displacer Beast (which, btw, is a 3 minute CD that does NOT remove dots/bleeds), but is vastly inferior to the useful Wild Charge. I fear druids may be in a bad place PVP-wise come MoP.

it's still early. Our talent trees have almost never gone to live looking like they did at the beginning of beta.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
One thing that may help is the boot speed enchant. It stacks multiplicatively with both the cat form speed bonus as well as the 4 set pvp bonus. My speed on live is 149% in cat form. My speed on the beta with this enchant is 143%.

My main is linked below, but I got hacked and my account received a forum ban during it.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Predatoria/simple
Reply Quote
04/07/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Biopower
Nor do warriors use Rend for damage, they use it so the ticks will let them proc Overpower. For warriors, dispelling Rend isn't a big deal because they can just use a global to put it back up.

Just as a side note Mortal Strike now procs Overpower, and applies Deep Wounds, Rend is no more.

Furthermore yes I do agree that Wild Charge will be damn near mandatory in PvP, for the multiple form uses it has.

Getting wailed on and need to get in range of your healer? Life grip yourself to them!
Stupid hunter keeps kiting you? Bear charge! Rawr!
Prowling and that mounted guy is getting away? Cat Leap!

It kinda heavily outweighs the movement speed and displacer beast (which is pretty garbage now really).
Edited by Kalze on 4/7/2012 8:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I'm worried about the Energy regeneration again, I hear it's worse in the Beta than live, and that's one thing I really dislike about my feral compared to my rogue.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Feral is being feral. This spec has always been a scapegoat of blizzard team. In MoP our life is looking sad so far.. Like always there is no comminucation, not a word from devs.. And im quite sure it will go live as is, been there seen that.

1) -15% flat running speed nerf (no sane druid would ever pick another 15% speed back or ridiculous "displacer" over charge)
2) Savage Roar is back to its hardcore concept. Didn't they agree it was a little too hard to master for mediocre players, and a little too punishing in PvP? Guess not. "Suffer, !@#$%s"
3) Monks with bleeds removal..
4) A lot of useless garbage that is being promoted as "cool stuff".. Typhoon in cat form? You gotta be kidding me.. What is this? Blizzard trolling us?
5) Our lvl90 ability "symbiosis" is a slap in the face. We get to use outdated stuff that other classes had since vanilla and not even for free, we have to give them out our CD in exchange! And also it doesnt work for solo at all. Guess that's what feral was all this time. We were slowly getting outdated second-hand abilities from other classes a few expansions later.. Give me that play dead.. i mean feign death, mr. hunter, please, you can have my berserk!
Take a look at rogue lvl90 ability for example.. it's a flat DPS cooldown, and a good one. They do not have to share that power with someone else! Or their last tier talents.. They've got a spammable ranged dps attack, redirect with no CD and extra combo points storage.. And feral gets.. Some healing crap.. Disentanglement that was baseline perk for feral for 6 years.. And the ability to produce a bit less crappy moonfires.. ..on 6 min CD. Outstanding! Im so impressed and thrilled about this expansion /heavy_sarcasm.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Feral is being feral. This spec has always been a scapegoat of blizzard team. In MoP our life is looking sad so far.. Like always there is no comminucation, not a word from devs.. And im quite sure it will go live as is, been there seen that.

1) -15% flat running speed nerf (no sane druid would ever pick another 15% speed back or ridiculous "displacer" over charge)
2) Savage Roar is back to its hardcore concept. Didn't they agree it was a little too hard to master for mediocre players, and a little too punishing in PvP? Guess not. "Suffer, !@#$%s"
3) Monks with bleeds removal..
4) A lot of useless garbage that is being promoted as "cool stuff".. Typhoon in cat form? You gotta be kidding me.. What is this? Blizzard trolling us?
5) Our lvl90 ability "symbiosis" is a slap in the face. We get to use outdated stuff that other classes had since vanilla and not even for free, we have to give them out our CD in exchange! And also it doesnt work for solo at all. Guess that's what feral was all this time. We were slowly getting outdated second-hand abilities from other classes a few expansions later.. Give me that play dead.. i mean feign death, mr. hunter, please, you can have my berserk!
Take a look at rogue lvl90 ability for example.. it's a flat DPS cooldown, and a good one. They do not have to share that power with someone else! Or their last tier talents.. They've got a spammable ranged dps attack, redirect with no CD and extra combo points storage.. And feral gets.. Some healing crap.. Disentanglement that was baseline perk for feral for 6 years.. And the ability to produce a bit less crappy moonfires.. ..on 6 min CD. Outstanding! Im so impressed and thrilled about this expansion /heavy_sarcasm.

^ Says it all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/07/2012 01:46 AMPosted by Levier

The bleed thing is true, but is getting blown so many leagues out of proportion that it's not really deserving of a legitimate response. The mangle debuff is also not a valid complaint, as that bonus damage is being baked into all bleeds for classes that utilize bonus bleed debuffs. And even if that wasn't the case, arms warriors and sub rogues are losing that bleed damage too, your not special.

its not the same though savage roar prob doesnt even give us much of a dps increase at all due to the fact of how much % chance to hit do u think most ferals have? its 8% chance for spells to hit and what is it for white dmg? how much of our white dmg do u even think makes contact?

in a raid enviroment if i have a choice between putting rip back up or biting for a bigger burst in dps compared to just re applying savage roar im gonna bite. now im gonna HAVE to keep that up along with my bleeds in both pve and pvp.

blizz has went from saying there trying to balance us to flat our screwing us. this has been my main from the time i started playing and it will continue to be until i finally decide to quit im loyal like that, but it doesnt mean i have to like or not voice my concerns with my class.

this isnt to u Levier but ive seen on these forums alot here recently from feral druids non the less that they think the changes are fine and people over react etc. well i guarentee those same people will be QQing when they see how fine it is during live. i was one of the only ferals i knew of in LK im sensing this to be the case again here soon
Reply Quote
I'm confused, so we WON'T be running 30% faster anymore? I run 49% faster already due to the PvP set boost, but the feline swiftness won't stack with the 15% cat boost? If it did it would give us a total of 130%. It doesn't seem fair how blizzard is taking away one of the coolest things about feral kitties: their speed
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
06/19/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Hakkat
I'm confused, so we WON'T be running 30% faster anymore? I run 49% faster already due to the PvP set boost, but the feline swiftness won't stack with the 15% cat boost? If it did it would give us a total of 130%. It doesn't seem fair how blizzard is taking away one of the coolest things about feral kitties: their speed

Why did you drag up this old post? most of the content from this post has already changed in the beta.
Reply Quote
Both bleeds and savage roar are now non-dispellable (well, except for the dwarf racial) on beta. Feral looks to be in a good spot.
Edited by Kelleni on 6/19/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]