Stanley Cup Playoffs!

90 Night Elf Druid
discuss matchups, betting ratios, who's going to win, etc.
Basically anything Hockey Related!

My updated picks to win (I'll make a bracket once all the match ups are decided, this might change a bit once I see who is playing who):

1) Blues
2) Penguins
3) Rangers
4) Canucks
5) Flyers

Dark Horse(s):
1) Nashville
2) Phoenix

p.s.

Stammer got 60! too bad the lightning didn't make it :( Why couldn't smith do that in Tampa!??!!?!?

p.s.s

Which division is the best? Atlantic or Central?
Conference? East vs West?

/discussedit: posting my bracket, I made it before any games started and I'll keep it the same

First round:

Canucks 4-2 over kings
Preds 4-3 over wings
Yotes 4-2 over Hawks
Blues 4-2 over Sharks

Rangers 4-1 over Sens
Devils 4-0 over Panthers
Boston 4-2 over Caps
Pens 4-3 over Flyers

Round 2:

Preds 4-2 over Canucks
Blues 4-2 over Yotes

Rangers 4-2 over Devils
Pens 4-3 over Boston

Conference Finals:

Rangers 4-2 over Pens

Preds 4-2 over Blues

Stanley Cup Finals:
Preds 4-3 over Rangers
Edited by Morroes on 4/15/2012 5:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
1) Bruins
2) Bruins
3) Bruins
4) Bruins
5) Rangers

Blues are too inexperience imo, I feel like they'll make it to the conference championship against the Canucks and lose there, great team just don't think they're ready yet.

Penguins, I hate this team, almost as much as I hated the Canucks last year in the finals, they're a great team, but they cry whenever someone does something to them, that they pay Matt Cook to do, Mario Lemieux is the biggest fraud in the game, and he's obviously passed it on to Crosby. He has Matt Cook on his payroll, he used to play with one of the most notorious goons in NHL history, but when Crosby gets hit from behind once he calls foul and wants the game to change, fraud, fraud, fraud. Also I hate Letang, he's a Hab in a different Jersey (aka an amazing actor).

Ranger's I feel the same as the Blue, great team, love their play style, reminds me of the Bruins last year, tough, great goaltending, sometimes their offence/special teams aren't very productive, but still a great team, just feel they need the experience.

I hate the Canucks almost as much as I hate the Habs, they are what's wrong with Hockey, but I will admit, they have skills, they'll probably make it to the finals before they lose to the Bruins again and Luongo needs to go to Auto Zone and get his tires pumped again (zing), that's after he has another mental breakdown though. Anyways, same team differant year, soft, chippy when they can get away with it, dive whenever they can, low class team overall, all my hate.

Flyers, just no, they're not good enough, shouldn't even be in the discussion.

NOW TO THE BRUINS,

Timmy is back, he's been playing great and has had a good little break since Turco and Khudobin have has some good games in relive of Thomas, they're getting healthy, missing Peverly (who was key last year) hurt. Now their depth is back, and they still have (IMO) the best 3rd and 4th lines in the NHL, Kelly, Rolston, and Pouliot have been amazing, and Thorton, Paille, and Soupy (Cambell) are my favorite. Also, Seguin, Marchand, and Bergy are finally playing like they did back in November, and Krecji, Peverly, and Lucic are also playing well again, they are basically the same exact team as last year minus Horton (who may still have a chance of coming back during the playoffs) who is getting replaced by Peverly as he was last year when Horton went down in the finals, Recchi who was their veteran presence, replaced by Rolston (who IMO is playing better than Recchi was during their run) and LOLRYDER has been replaced by Pouliot. And come playoffs, Chara+Seidenberg, my god, that d pairing is just too manly to describe, then losing that awful, awful, awful excuse for a defenseman in Kaberle, though Corvo has been de ja vu to his poor play, I really wish he had turned out a better season, anyways, Quaider, Manchuck, Ferrence, and Zanon have all been on their A game. Overall, I'm pretty high this team, with the experience, and the fact that they're getting hot, 9-2 since that disappointing trip to Florida, beating 3 of your top 5 teams in that span, yeah, go B's plz.

E for spellingz
Edited by Cathuulord on 4/7/2012 8:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
East cost folks, eww.
Sharks ftw!!
Reply Quote
91 Human Rogue
Wings. Will. Win.

Disappointed in you, Morroes.. >.>
Edited by Alexy on 4/8/2012 8:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Wings. Will. Win.

Sure hope they do!

and Cathuu, I hate the pens too. I'm stating who I think will win, not necessarily who I like... Believe me I like the Bruins alot more than the pens lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Going to have to go with the home town Sens, otherwise the Canucks because they're the only other Canadian team, or the Devils.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
1) Flyers
2) Canucks
3) Rangers
4) Wings
5) Bruins

Team most likely to have gay sex on the ice) Penguins
Edited by Martouff on 4/8/2012 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Wings. Will. Win.

Sure hope they do!

and Cathuu, I hate the pens too. I'm stating who I think will win, not necessarily who I like... Believe me I like the Bruins alot more than the pens lol

I don't think the Pen's play style will win in a playoff situation though, as seen in last year's playoffs, there's alot less bull!@#$ calls, and alot more leeway since it's so much more intense than that long regular season.

How can somepony like the Bruins ?
I hate them.

Confirmed Frenchie
Reply Quote
91 Human Rogue
1) Flyers
2) Canucks
3) Rangers
4) Wings
5) Bruins

I can see this, if you take the Flyers out completely. I'm convinced they'll be out first round..
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Seeing how my team didn't even stand a chance at seeing the playoffs, I have to play nice and stand by my gnome and root for the Flyers. *Shudder*
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
1) Flyers
2) Canucks
3) Rangers
4) Wings
5) Bruins

I can see this, if you take the Flyers out completely. I'm convinced they'll be out first round..

I gotta stick by my team :-)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Games start in about 16 hours. I need bets. I'll bet on any series, and have money on both factions!
Edited by Martouff on 4/10/2012 10:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Human Rogue
Flyers > Pengs
Wings > Preds
Kings < 'Nucks
Sens < Rangers
Caps < Bruins
Sharks < Blues
Hawks < Coyotes (cause Chicago needs to die!!!)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

St-Louis vs San José -> 2500g on St-Louis ; 4-2

if i had the gold i would bet for san jose!! thats my city :D
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Pittsburg vs Phidadelphia -> 1000g on Pittsburg ; 4-3

That's all me.

I'm confident in my guys! You're on!

I want 2:1 odds though... Pitt has home ice and are a favorite to win the cup from over 50% of NHL analysts/writers.

In return, I'll give you 2:1 on this one, and I'll take Nash...

Nashville vs Detroit -> 1000g on Detroit ; 4-1

Hows that sound?Also, this video is awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dli735i_jQU
Edited by Martouff on 4/10/2012 11:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I want to gamble on things.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Rangers>Sens
Canucks>Kings
Bruins>Caps
Sharks>Blues
Devils>Panthers
Hawks>Coyotes
Pens>Flyers
Wings>Preds

also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cjF9-rns5Ng
still the best ever
Edited by Cathuulord on 4/11/2012 3:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]