Healing questions.

82 Troll Death Knight
Does healing the tank give you threat? cause i have been healing and when i cast a heal i get threat.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
04/07/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Dolkka
Does healing the tank give you threat? cause i have been healing and when i cast a heal i get threat.

Healing causes threat but it shouldn't be an issue on anything the tank has actually hit. Occasionally you will get aggro on multi-mob pulls where the tank hasn't put damage on everything. The easiest way to solve that is either position yourself in a straight line between the mob, the tank, and you so it runs through the tank or physically go run on top of the tank so he can hit it with a cleave.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
04/07/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Dolkka

resto druids do pull threat if the tank doesnt whack them,so just let the tank get all the mobs together before you start healing and dpsing. it will resolve that issue.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
04/07/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Hotdogs
resto druids do pull threat if the tank doesnt whack them,so just let the tank get all the mobs together before you start healing and dpsing. it will resolve that issue.

The druid healing model is 100% preemptive meaning their single target heals are 1 step above awful. If a tank can't hold threat over hots on a pull, they are bad and the occasional slip up should be handled like I mentioned above.

It is completely irrational to give the advice that "you should let your tank run into the pull before you start healing" because from nothing to ready to do something other than stack mandatory sh!t, you need 4 gcds. That's a long time to assume you can just stand there and stack your pre-req abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
There are some relatively quick combos that a resto druid can pull off to ensure the tank gains aggro before a pull... The first thing would obviously be to not start out with, (after the tank gains aggro,) spending three GCDs on Lifebloom.... You would probably hit rejuv, swiftmend, regrowth or healing touch, and then stack lb.

Basic Point is that if you're a druid and a tank asks you to not heal until he has aggro it shouldn't be an issue.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Thorns is your friend.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Lets say five enemies spawn and you heal the tank for 1000 hp. The tank hits four out of the five, for 1000 damage each.

The tank gets 5000 threat against each of the four mobs that he hits, and zero against the one remaining mob that he hasn't hit.

Your heal only generates 500 threat, which is then divided amongst all five of the enemies. So you gain only 100 threat against each mob.

So as you can see, a tank barely has to do anything to keep a mob on him (5000 vs 100), but 100 is still greater than zero, so you will get aggro from any mob that he hasn't done anything to yet.

If you have aggro, regardless of what you've been doing, your tank is at fault.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/08/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Dominish
If you have aggro, regardless of what you've been doing, your tank is at fault.

Unless you're overtired and charge blindly into the next pack of mobs because you left autorun on... That might not be the tank's fault.Not that I'd know about that... >.>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]