[b][/b] How to Fix raid Drops!!!

100 Human Paladin
Stop Droping items on a boss kill, Here is how you fix PvE.
Change boss drops, to a badge, or points, make it so each week, players can earn
" X amount " so each week a player can Know, when and how soon they will get the next gear for a slot, this way you can track and know when you will be ready to raid, reg or heroics, and no waiting for luck of the RNG item drops, You can keep 3 "tier" of Items, Just like the pvp loot system, People pvp to gear up, and you can tell how soon you will get a new / better item. If you set up All PvE on the same style system, Justice points can give full LFR / LFG item lv loot, Valor can give Reg raid ilv, and a new heroic points can give heroic Raid loot, just like the "tiers" of pvp gear each season. This way people will raid, to kill bosses, Not just show up for 1 or two bosses and leave cause they didnt get "lucky" on drops. the PvE progression curve will be a lot more trackable this way, Even if i know i only get 1 or 2 items a week, and it will take two months to gear right up, at least i know exactly when i will my 'New shield" or "trinket" and not have to wait 3 years for a random drop. Say leave the lowest "tier" of the PvE loot to be Fully open / farm-able. so a player can gear up in the "start of game blues" to get into harder stuff, sooner and more regularly, Some of you might not like the idea of not being able to "get lucky" and get 4-10 items in a week, but when you see your raid as a Whole moving along, you might change your mind.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Remember all i want you to think is How well the PvP gear up system works, and how doing that to PvE will be better and faster, then trying to add a new loot system to LFR where each player rolls on their own drops, my fix is faster and a lot less work!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Gigantic wall of text, can't believe I read it..

Got nothing out of it though. Your plan would include earning absolutely no gear for weeks #1, and possibly only 1 piece every 2 or 3 weeks (with current valor model). If you made the system drop more points so you did receive one set of loot per week, that would be hated by every high end progression guild. We like to stack gear onto one player, tanks specifically, so that they can carry us through progression.

DPS then usually get gear, as enrage timers are an issue. Healers then get gear last.

Imagine doing heroic warmaster in week 1, or 2, with a tank in non-current gear.
No thx
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
With random drops you dont Pick what you get, you get lucky and gear up the tanks, i didnt say to keep it at 1 or 2 items per week, blizz will have to think how fast they want you into heroics, and if you cant clear a "new raid" in the "new blues", with my "pvp into a PVE system, you will be ready for the new raids in a day if you want to farm the blues, and a few epics(1-4) each week, so if it takes a month to get all epic, wouln't it be nice to have the "Whole raid" at the same level? and not just a few gear lucky drops to carry the rest?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Horrible. No thanks. We'll take our chances. No need to change boss loot by making it the current Valor system but with more numbers. That is bad.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
its Not "more" its the same system in pvp, that has worked great for 7 years, copy pasting the loot system to a PvE would be a lot easyer then what Blizz is thinking about doing to the loot, with my system there wil be no fighting in LFR or LFG over who won what / already had / trying to trade ect.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Point and badge systems as a primary loot source? no thanks, this games already boring with an exact timetable on when even raiding is pointless.

04/08/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Nalibrown
so each week a player can Know, when and how soon they will get the next gear for a sl

You mean quit the game.

RNG has a function it keeps you playing, as much as you hate RNG from being on the short end of it, imagine how broken it is that your raid gains NO upgrades the first week or 2 of a clear....
Then also you realize this hurt casual guilds because all the durps buy shoulders which aren't even a big up first because they lol look cool. Then top guilds have spreadsheets on best best in slots.

If you can't tell where I'm going, you're missing a point about random loot be interesting and adding another dimension to the enjoyment of running groups.
Edited by Asane on 4/8/2012 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I like raids for the teamwork and time it takes to kill heroic bosses. Not for killing a boss to get a chance at loot, My big example right now on RNG issuses, is WHY does Deathwing, keep droping A rogue dagger every week, when the only rogue we run with has legendarys. thats just fail on Blizz's part, ANY rogue in normal or heroic DS shouldn't need daggers to drop as RNG loot when they have legendary quest daggers that are so easy to get..

What happens when you need to gear up to raid new content? and you do LFR for the week, and get nothing, what happens if the raids tank dont get a shield or new weapon drop for months?

Maybe killing "current content bosses" up the weekly valor you can earn for the week, on top of getting valor. I never said the first week we didnt get anything, maybe the first week we get to upgrade 1 Justice Blue item to 1 Epic purple. and the 2nd we get two , or three if you been caping the valor limit up. Maybe the bosses could drop "relic" items for look, would give the art team room to play around with out worrying about stats > gear.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
With your system raid gear stacking still wouldn't exist. I understand you get "random" drops, but tier pieces are very broad and you have a 2/3 chance (if you have two separate tank classes, which you should), of getting a token that your tank can use. Not to mention TWO tokens drop, so you have an even higher chance of obtaining 1 token that a tank can use.

Guilds will also have their third tank be in the raid as a DPS, or even a tank, and will gear that player's tank spec for the third token slot. This is most usually the DK, who uses 2h weapons and most often differently itemized gear than other tanks.

Again, repeating the problem with your method, is no gear stacking could be done. No gear stacking=they would have to nerf bosses for tanking issues, or at least buff their CDs/healing for heroic progression (I'm talking about heroic progression in which healers have absolutely no current tier gear).
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
04/08/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Nalibrown
its Not "more"

Yes it is. It would HAVE to be more OR valor prices would have to be reduced for this system to be REMOTELY feasible. If you just removed all loot from bosses, it would take 3 weeks to get a main slot piece (2200 valor). It would take 2 weeks to get off slots (Hands, shoulders, etc). That's dumb. That's extremely limiting.

The reason the PvP system works is, as you improve your skill and your rating, your ability to get points goes up. The players at the top have HUGE conq point caps. Hell, I used to have a 3k cap every week I could get. That's a piece EVERY week. You have yet to suggest something of similar worth.

It just wouldn't work. How would you increase the cap for those that are better players? Do you judge by previous week kills? Number of heroic kills? How? The first week of a new arena season, everyone has the same cap. The good players, though, can get their 3k cap for the second week easily, just because they're good.

If a system like this was implemented for raiding, I would quit. Likely a lot of people would quit. It's just...dumb. Sorry, but this is from the perspective of a relatively hardcore raider. It would just not make sense for raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Stop Droping items on a boss kill, Here is how you fix PvE.
Change boss drops, to a badge, or points, make it so each week, players can earn
" X amount " so each week a player can Know, when and how soon they will get the next gear for a slot, this way you can track and know when you will be ready to raid, reg or heroics, and no waiting for luck of the RNG item drops, You can keep 3 "tier" of Items, Just like the pvp loot system, People pvp to gear up, and you can tell how soon you will get a new / better item. If you set up All PvE on the same style system, Justice points can give full LFR / LFG item lv loot, Valor can give Reg raid ilv, and a new heroic points can give heroic Raid loot, just like the "tiers" of pvp gear each season. This way people will raid, to kill bosses, Not just show up for 1 or two bosses and leave cause they didnt get "lucky" on drops. the PvE progression curve will be a lot more trackable this way, Even if i know i only get 1 or 2 items a week, and it will take two months to gear right up, at least i know exactly when i will my 'New shield" or "trinket" and not have to wait 3 years for a random drop. Say leave the lowest "tier" of the PvE loot to be Fully open / farm-able. so a player can gear up in the "start of game blues" to get into harder stuff, sooner and more regularly, Some of you might not like the idea of not being able to "get lucky" and get 4-10 items in a week, but when you see your raid as a Whole moving along, you might change your mind.
Or keep the current system as is and provide the option to buy gear from VP . Except here, with VP you can buy the complete loot table. Maybe restrict the buy till Normal loot table
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
The loot system is not broken.

You could argue that it would be broken if bad loot RNG caused 10 man guilds to be unable to clear content. But its not like that, so the loot system is fine.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
04/23/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Dksushy
Or keep the current system as is and provide the option to buy gear from VP . Except here, with VP you can buy the complete loot table. Maybe restrict the buy till Normal loot table

This is how EverQuest works currently. You gear up fast but you also burn out fast. I can't tell you how silly it feels to be buying your gear off the npc's who are begging you to kill the baddie that is making their lives hard. It's really kind of lame and makes farming raids feel even more like a job. You even get paid an in game currency for it!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
You mean how to replace the faulty system with a more fair one...then i ll say yes thats right...i lost today two items...one a druid got it although it was a plate shoulders and the other was low ilvl sword and my raid tank got it
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Death Knight
04/24/2012 04:57 AMPosted by Liljim
You mean how to replace the faulty system with a more fair one...then i ll say yes thats right...i lost today two items...one a druid got it although it was a plate shoulders and the other was low ilvl sword and my raid tank got it

I'm not even going to post words, I'm just going to point at my name.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The random drop is one of the few "exciting" things left in the game (Sad I know). It needs to stay for a variety of reasons already stated.

The only thing I could possibly get behind is opening the entire loot table to valor a week before the next content patch if you've killed that boss X amount of times before that point.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
04/24/2012 06:46 AMPosted by Daphodil
The only thing I could possibly get behind is opening the entire loot table to valor a week before the next content patch if you've killed that boss X amount of times before that point.

I couldn't even get on board with this. Leave some incentive to go back to the old raids (even though LFR and 5 mans dropping = epics have mostly killed old tier raids).

There is nothing wrong with the way the current loot system works. It brings excitement, paces your gear progression and has ALSO worked for 7 years.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I definitely wouldn't mind adding in some JP for each boss in LFR.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
The loot system is not broken.

You could argue that it would be broken if bad loot RNG caused 10 man guilds to be unable to clear content. But its not like that, so the loot system is fine.

This.You can still clear content. Regardless of what drops, you can clear content.

It might be more difficult if there were NO justice/valor gear available at all. But there's a lot of justice and valor gear available. You simply can't fill out a BiS wish list without getting raid drops from raid bosses. But you don't need to complete a BiS wish list before you clear the content.

04/26/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Gåndalf
I definitely wouldn't mind adding in some JP for each boss in LFR.

I do however, have to agree with this. After the first time running LFR for the week, there's zero incentive to run it again. If the bosses would simply award 25-50 JP each after the first run (or maybe some set justice amount simply for completing it after the first time) it would at least add SOME incentive for people to run it. Particularly people who are trying to get into a current DS raid group but have zero 4.3 raid experience, so their guild wants them to at least see LFR a few times before they come to normal.
Edited by Pogo on 4/26/2012 8:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]