Need some motivation to level that class you haven’t tried as of yet? Looking for another reason to quest through the revamped zones? Curious about some of the new lore worked in since Cataclysm was released but haven’t had the motivation to check it all out? Want to set a bar for yourself and see how you perform? How about a shot at a 10,000 gold prize for first place?
In the spirit of the original event as created by the global WoW community, Riddle of Steel (H) is proud to sponsor the Sisters of Elune Ironman Challenge!
What is the Ironman Challenge?
From the official forums:
“Players across Azeroth have recently embraced a new, very personal achievement: leveling a character "Iron Man" style. What started out as only a small movement, this bare bones, no-frills style of play has now transformed into a community-wide call-to-arms known as the Iron Man WoW Challenge, inviting World of Warcraft enthusiasts to see how close they can get to level cap with only the barest of necessities.
The goal of the Iron Man WoW challenge is simple: level from 1 to 85. The catch, however, is that you must accomplish this task without the assistance of talents, class specialization, stat-improved gear, professions, buffs, item enhancements, or other players. And if you die? Well, then it’s back to square one.”
What are the rules?
The rules for SoE’s Ironman Challenge are the same as the official rules, which are as follows:
- 1. All gear employed must be White or Grey. Also, no Heirlooms of any sort.
2. No transfer of gear, items or money from any other character (yours or others)
3. No gear enhancement(s), thus no Socket Gems, Enchanting or Reforging. Exceptions exist for class abilities. (example: Rogue poisons)
4. No specializations, talent points, or glyphs. This restriction also applies to talent points for pets.
5. No professions or secondary skills. An exception is made for First Aid.
6. No potions/flasks/elixirs (except those labeled as Quest Items)
7. No food buffs or other external buffs (this includes buffs from items and other players).
8. No grouping or assistance from other characters, even if not grouped.
9. No dungeons/raids. No battlegrounds/arenas.
10. No guilds. An exception is made for Ironman guilds (no perks)
11. No Refer-A- Friend activities. The intention of the challenge is that it be done without assistance.
12. No add-ons that assist in combat (try to challenge yourself and do the most with the least).
13. THE BIG ONE: No deaths. Character death for any reason disqualifies the character.
- - All mounts
- - All bags/containers
- - All quests (including holiday and daily quests)
- - You may train and use all your class skills (including your own buffs) (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4015202822)
Additionally, for the SoE Ironman Challenge, participating characters cannot begin leveling until after 12:00am Server Time, Tuesday, May 1, 2012 and will need to be members of the guild <SoE Ironman Challenge> .