Mobile Armory on Android OS. Quitting WoW.

85 Blood Elf Mage
Greetings.

Excuse me for creating a new thread but i think it has not been adressed yet. As stated on my solved tickets and on the phone calls, after analyzing the records and data from my mail and battle.net account I come with the following conclusion:

Facts:
- I was inactive at the time I got hacked, my game time was frozen.

Storyline of the hack (I did the following from my xPeria mini):
- The very day I decided to return WoW like 1 week ago i downloaded the Wow mobile armory from the android Market.
- I input my account and password at around 1pm, the armory says info its incorrect.
- I make a second try, incorrect again.
- I procceed to try to login to my hotmail account and input my login info, guess what? Incorrect again.

Now at this time I never suspected I was being hacked already.... I had a chill day i remember and around 10 pm I went to my aunt's house because she helps me with the credit card and I just pay her in cash. Let's procceed with the timeline:

-10 pm I tried to log into my battle.net account but this time from a PC not from the mobile, at this time I realize I was actually hacked, when I tried to log from the cellphone I tought it was a mobile bug rather than a hack.

- I go to my hotmail account and puff yes I'm hacked. I start to reset the password and account information on both hotmail and battle.net

- After wasting 2 hours of my life cursing the hacker and recovering my accounts I logged in to battle.net and purchased an annual pass.

- Annual pass purchase was not actually valid because my account was blocked because of suspicious activity, Blizzard thought I was the hacker not the victim LOL

-Yet the annual pass was added to my second account (0 characters on it) rather than on my main account.

- I made 3 calls and wrote almost a book in tickets to blizzard to recover my characters and account and at the end The annual pass was cancelled and I'm rather not eligible.

- I discovered I was not eligible for the annual pass for purchasing game time with gold to another player (wtf thing that thousands of players do on a daily basis, but oh hell I am being cruxificated here).All in all I have to change my mail to google just to keep my battle.net account safe, also I have been blacklisted for the annual pass which is leaving me witouth the oportunity to have a Tyrael's mount for a player like me that is BullS because I like to collect mounts and achievements. All my problems unleashed after using the mobile wow armory please check the security for mobile armory.

Thanks Blizzard for making an incredible game, but somehow i feel betrayed :(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Double post reason: I'm not really quitting WoW, I know I'll never be able to find a game so perfectly designed for my taste. Damn me this game has become a real important part of my life :(
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I discovered I was not eligible for the annual pass for purchasing game time with gold to another player (wtf thing that thousands of players do on a daily basis, but oh hell I am being cruxificated here).All in all I have to change my mail to google just to keep my battle.net account safe, also I have been blacklisted for the annual pass which is leaving me witouth the oportunity to have a Tyrael's mount for a player like me that is BullS because I like to collect mounts and achievements. All my problems unleashed after using the mobile wow armory please check the security for mobile armory.

Unless your phone is rooted.. there should be no way for the app to have caused all the problems.
Many times information to hack an account is gathered MONTHS before its actualy used.. so you could have had that info comprimised a while back.

As for the annual pass thing.. really.. they are just upholding things. Buying game time for gold, is NOT supported in the game, and can be grounds for a ban, etc. You should be glad your account is not fully banned over it. Do many people do it? Yes.. that does not make it right.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
97 Tauren Paladin
04/08/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Sigiloso
purchasing game time with gold to another player (wtf thing that thousands of players do on a daily basis, but oh hell I am being cruxificated here)

There are thousands of girls and children abducted throughout the world in human trafficking, but that doesn't make it any less wrong. Game time is considered a real world item. Real world items ARE NOT TO BE PURCHASED WITH GOLD. PERIOD. It does not matter who or how many other people are doing it.

You sound like a child complaining to Mom that you saw a kid doing something she doesn't want you to do, which makes it ok. Guess what? It doesn't. Grow up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]