Will Shamanistic Rage work on H Ultraxion?

85 Dwarf Shaman
I know it wouldn't before the nerfs, but at 15% less damage, will you survive?

If not, would rallying cry + shamanistic rage work?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
hand of sacrifice or pain suppression will work in addition to shamanistic rage
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
What is it? 300k damage pre nerf? So 15% means you take 245k damage without any CDs. So with another 15% you'd be at 210k. For rallying cry to work you'd have to have over 175k HP to do it, and be topped off when the blast hits. Someone may correct me but that's probably what you're looking at. You'd need to have a barrier or AMZ thrown on you.

In other words: Shamans really aren't wanted for soaking.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I've stayed out; we did the achievement on heroic and Glyph of Elemental Mastery+some talents+20% from a pally is plenty.

Just Shamanistic Rage wouldn't be enough, but Shamanistic Rage plus either a spec designed for it, or a single external like a raidwall/sacrifice/disc bubble/protwarr intervene would work fine.

So yeah, the fact that you can't entirely take one by yourself (at least without changing your spec) means we're not ideal. If you need to make it work though you absolutely can, easily if you have a paladin, warrior, or dk tank, or a paladin, priest, or shaman healer, or paladin dps.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Shamanistic Rage is 30%, so you'd need 171.5k after Rallying Cry
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's doable with Boomkin form+Barkskin+hand of sac. you'd prolly need an HoSac in addition to shamanistic rage to survive.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
hand of sac + Sham rage is what I do to soak on H Ultrax 25m
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I believe you use shamanistic rage + stoneclaw totem and you're fine as long as you're full health. Using the glyph of stoneclaw totem

Edit: Fixed the wrong totem, thanks to the poster below.
Edited by Zurak on 4/10/2012 12:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
04/09/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Zurak
I believe you use shamanistic rage + grounding totem and you're fine as long as you're full health.

Stoneclaw glyphed
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Given the 15% nerf, 30% reduction, plus a PW:S from myself has shown to be enough to just barely survive the hit leaving very very little health. Rallying Cry + Glyphed Stoneclaw + Shamanistic Rage would probably see you survive with a slightly more comfortable margin.

It is something of a last resort though, but if you don't have the CDs elsewhere, it can and will work with some kind of minor external CD.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
You need to count the 12% you should be taking from elemental warding to do this. If you really want to min/max it, you could spec into the 10% reduction in resto also and make sure you hard cast a spell at the same time.

You can also pick up 16k from glyphing stoneclaw totem. At 15%, I do think all of this + a PW:S will get you through it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So you are looking at 300k - 15%, so that's 255k. Less 12% and 10%, so you get to 202k. 224k if you just take the 12%.

Less 30% you get to 141k / 156k. Less a 16k shield, and whatever PW:S offers, I think you are clearly in a survivable range if topped off.

Also, if you have a resto shaman healing, amke sure they buff your HP before the hit, so you're playing with the added health from Ancestral Fort.
Edited by Firestyle on 4/10/2012 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
If you have a DK tank, Vampiric Blood stacks with Rallying Cry if you can't figure out anything else. Pretty sure they stack multiplicatively too, which makes it better.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
What is it? 300k damage pre nerf? So 15% means you take 245k damage without any CDs. So with another 15% you'd be at 210k. For rallying cry to work you'd have to have over 175k HP to do it, and be topped off when the blast hits. Someone may correct me but that's probably what you're looking at. You'd need to have a barrier or AMZ thrown on you.

In other words: Shamans really aren't wanted for soaking.

It's 255k with the 15% nerf.
Shamanistic rage would bump it down to 178.5k, which is easily covered by any additional CD (Rallying Cry, Sac; just a regular PW:S would probably be enough).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
04/10/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Bamf
It's 255k with the 15% nerf.

I can do math. I swear.
Reply Quote
04/09/2012 11:52 PMPosted by Asane
Stoneclaw glyphed

and sham rage youll be fineif not just ankh
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Take the free 12% from elemental warding too. I'm sort of unclear why you need 3/3 in elemental precision as enhance anyway, enhance shouldn't be using any spirit gear from my understanding. Unless you wanted to reforge a second stat on hit gear, to spirit for more hit. And there's probably better options than losing 3 talent points.
Edited by Firestyle on 4/11/2012 6:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
04/11/2012 06:58 AMPosted by Firestyle
Take the free 12% from elemental warding too. I'm sort of unclear why you need 3/3 in elemental precision as enhance anyway, enhance shouldn't be using any spirit gear from my understanding. Unless you wanted to reforge a second stat on hit gear, to spirit for more hit. And there's probably better options than losing 3 talent points.

20 stats to chest is the standard dps enchant, so that just means you get bonus free spirit from that as well as hit. Combined with free 3% damage from elmental precision and it's a valid (if small) dps increase per talent, as opposed to other talents which don't increase dps at all.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
with a warrior tank w/4 piece and no downs, you'll have Shield Wall/Shield Wall/Rally/Shield Wall/ Shield Wall/Rally/Shield wall for all 7 hours
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman
04/11/2012 06:58 AMPosted by Firestyle

not sure if srs. 3% free elemental damage, not just the spirit -> hit conversion is rolled into EP. it's a great talent for enhance shaman
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]