We have wiped 9 times to the same boss in LFR

90 Draenei Death Knight
I have never tanked LFR before, I think I'm going to try it today even though I've already done both for week as DPS. Since everyone expect a lousy run anyway, it won't matter if I'm lousy at it. :)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I'm a big fan of a player rating system. Upvote/downvote players. Sure it could be abused, by by law of averages it'll give a general idea of what the player is like. Downvoted players get grouped together, upvoted players do as well. Then they get to wallow in each other's crap while decent respectful players get to play amongst themselves.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
04/09/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Cyberdeth
I have never tanked LFR before, I think I'm going to try it today even though I've already done both for week as DPS. Since everyone expect a lousy run anyway, it won't matter if I'm lousy at it. :)

LFRs are actually much easier as a tank, because you can guarantee at least one of the tanks knows what they're doing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
04/09/2012 03:07 AMPosted by Asane
I personally am a huge fan of being able to start ultra trash quickly without the crack babies complaining "OMG YOU STARTED THE EVEN WE NEEDED MORE THAN 45 SECONDS TO BUFF"

I am more worried about the fact that in the 45 seconds both tanks have not moved, done self buffs or clicked on another player ie they are both afk.

But yea I joined a group on wipe 7 and we killed on wipe 13, where every single wipe was because of lack of tanks/heals on pulll. 6 heals zero tanks, 2 tanks, 2 heals and every fail combo in between.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Simple solution is to zone out til you get a full group, just stay zoned out and you suffer none of the ill effects and others may follow your example. After one such pull even the people who choose to remain inside won't be clustering on Thrall so its often easy to pick out the person starting it.

However it'd be nice if fights like those in LFR mode required at least 2 tanks and 5 healers be present in the raid before being able to start, maybe get Thrall to yell out the persons name as well.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
04/09/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Talvern
After one such pull even the people who choose to remain inside won't be clustering on Thrall so its often easy to pick out the person starting it.

That does not really help, idjit started with fight with no tanks, please boot idjit, idjit runs over and starts it again...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Q LFR on tuesdays, problem solved
Reply Quote
92 Dwarf Shaman
What they are doing is technically against the Harassment Policy. Just report them and make sure your report is detailed with the name of the person, their server, what exactly they are doing to cause grief to everyone else and the approximate time (list the time zone too.) I find it funny that people decide to grief later in the week as if they are found guilty it results in warnings or temp bans.

I knew someone who got a warning in his mail on Tuesday. He stopped griefing LFR because he didn't want to risk getting a temp ban on his normal raid nights. Problem is people don't take the effort to file a detailed report so these people keep getting away with it. It is somewhat ironic they do take the time and effort to complain about it on the forums though.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
04/09/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Snow
Q LFR on tuesdays, problem solved

Busy running real raids on Tuesdays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyC_nl31_BA

What they are doing is technically against the Harassment Policy. Just report them and make sure your report is detailed with the name of the person, their server, what exactly they are doing to cause grief to everyone else and the approximate time (list the time zone too.) I find it funny that people decide to grief later in the week as if they are found guilty it results in warnings or temp bans.

I knew someone who got a warning in his mail on Tuesday. He stopped griefing LFR because he didn't want to risk getting a temp ban on his normal raid nights. Problem is people don't take the effort to file a detailed report so these people keep getting away with it. It is somewhat ironic they do take the time and effort to complain about it on the forums though.

You can't file a complaint against someone when you don't know who the target of the complaint is. You can pull totally anonymously on fights where the NPC starts the encounter.
Edited by Dreyfuss on 4/9/2012 11:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Hunter
Spam Emotes :) or weapons like Frostmourne
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Hunter
Spam Emotes :) or weapons like Frostmourne
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
04/09/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Dreyfuss
LFRs are actually much easier as a tank, because you can guarantee at least one of the tanks knows what they're doing.

LOL no.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
04/09/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Dreyfuss
er yeah they're easy but you'd be suprised...
Reply Quote
36 Draenei Paladin
i tend to stop trying after about the 3rd consecutive wipe (even 2 wipes ina row if its obvious who it is) until a few crap dps are kicked or the oblivious tanks are gone
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
It's fun when tanks tell you it's impossible to solo tank this boss or that boss in lfr. My favorite are spine and madness, but I've also been told you can't solo tank morchok or Yorsahj in lfr.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
04/11/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Asane
It's fun when tanks tell you it's impossible to solo tank this boss or that boss in lfr. My favorite are spine and madness, but I've also been told you can't solo tank morchok or Yorsahj in lfr.

Me on Hagara: Okay OT go DPS i got this.
Random DPS: There is no I got this, you have to taunt the Focused Assaults!
Me: .............
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]