Maiev 3v3 Tournament-35k gold grand prize

85 Human Rogue
Brick Squad is going to be hosting a 3v3 Tournament.
Prize pool is still growing and there are also prizes for 2nd and third place =)

Rules so far(Tentative):
Teams can be from either faction.
No triple dps, double healer, or triple healer teams.
Teams must consist of players from Maiev.
The same players cannot be in multiple teams.
Piloting accounts is not allowed.
Games that are between Horde and Alliance will take place in Nagrand.
Rules concerning gear, disconnections, number of matches to a set, etc. are not set yet and will be coming soon.

Current date is set for April 14th(Subject to change).

Please post your comp info or message Cùte in game with it.
e.g.
RLS (Rogue Lock Shaman)
Lock's Name
Shaman's Name
Rogue's Name

This info is not set in stone and this post is mainly to draw attention to the tourney itself.
Edited by Failtality on 4/9/2012 1:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Get ready to lose

Unstopbubble #1
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Rules seem fair! :D
Edit: Unstopbubble better be ready to get globaled by an under-geared fire mage.
(Nuka #1, Unstopbubble can be #2)
Edited by Nukaazu on 4/9/2012 6:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Looks like fun but i have a feeling no one is going to be jumping out of their seats to inv me to their team.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Are rets considered as healers?
Just wondering.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Are rets considered as healers?
Just wondering.

lmao
trolling aside, no they don't count as healers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Jose RMP, got watchmeblink to come with us let me know
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
try to keep posts on topic please
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
SHAMAN LFG
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
04/09/2012 04:13 AMPosted by Azasoth
try to keep posts on topic please

wah wah wah

well anyway I got this in the bag everyone so gg gl to you all.

in all seriousness this actually sounds pritty fun, the problem will be finding a decent lock or feral druid on this server (the only dps that work well with warriors) maiev does tend to have an alright amount of decent healers for some reason though.

hey is it 35k split amongst the 3 players or is it 35k each? (I can already guess the answer)

War/frost mage, and TSG is OK.
Just saying.

But its going to be split, I assume.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
04/09/2012 04:13 AMPosted by Azasoth
hey is it 35k split amongst the 3 players or is it 35k each? (I can already guess the answer)

Well it is just coming from players and the prize pool*keeps going up.

Anyways lets try to keep trolling and LFG posts out of the thread. Keep this about the tourney, opinion, ideas, suggestions etc.
Oh and post your teams that are final or at least likely to happen.
Edited by Failtality on 4/9/2012 4:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Just saying, people who feel like they won't win the whole thing, don't be deterred from joining the tournament. From what I know, we're concerned right now with the whole "revive maiev" thing that we want as much server participation in this event from pve and pvp heroes alike. The more people in this tourney, the better chance that you, yes you the random PvE hero has in getting past the first round of play!

What happens if you pass the first round of play, BAM 100 GOLD !@#$%^. After every team that you defeat, you will receive 100 gold. Then ofc the final winners get PAID SON

Oh btw to my knowledge this will also be streamed on twitch.tv, so if anyone here is a super pro commentator, lemme know

-Fappy
Edited by Cùte on 4/9/2012 7:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Shaman
not 100% on this but...
ret/enhance/disc(RED?)
ret-yupee/tresspass
enhance-melior/pastynerd
disc-arsisqt
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
WTB TEAM

EDIT: I can COMMENTATE LIKE A BOSS!
Edited by Shpongletron on 4/9/2012 8:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Bets on my team and Isaac/Bens teams making it to the finals.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
^ transfer back

this event is aimed at bringing new people to maiev, as well bringing back old lost souls that left because this server didn't do anything.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Shaman
did some brainstorming.
ideally, the number of teams when divided by 2 should be an even number. so when teams are split into winners and loser bracket there will be an even amount of teams in each bracket. if there aren't an even amount, the teams will have to roll for a spot.

example: if there are 3 teams in the lower bracket, the team with best roll advances regardless, and the other two face eachother. the winner faces the team that won the roll. this seems an okay solution, but we can probably think of something better.

I think 8 teams is a good number to aim for, it will give us even brackets and 16 series overall.

As far as series go, NAO does 5, but i think for our small scale tourny, best of 3 would be more appropriate.

thoughts?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]