Madness of Deathwing drops

90 Night Elf Hunter
The Raid Finder takes patience. I understand this. I've been fine with losing drops or not seeing them at all after a week or so of anticipation; I've come to expect this, having been playing for almost 4 years now. I've run the same Heroic Dungeon upwards of 30 times in the hopes of attaining a nifty axe or bow (*Cough* Trial of the Champion *Cough*) and have become quite comfortable with the idea of running content multiple times before I get what I want, even in the face of friends and guildies getting their loot on the first try.

But one recent incident really tried my patience. After several weeks of my loot not dropping and groups being unable to get past Spine of Deathwing in LFR, I finally got a capable LFR group. We beat the Madness encounter and then collected our loot. I was fine with the idea of losing Kiril, Fury of Beasts to another Hunter or Druid. I was prepared for the disappointment of it not dropping. As it turns out, it didn't drop, and neither did anything besides No'Kaled, the Elements of Death. 4 of them. The same piece of loot, 4 times. There were 2 people in the raid who needed them, and they each needed only one. I really felt like the other raiders and I were screwed over. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this kind of thing should happen.
Edited by Kalterim on 4/9/2012 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Rng is rng.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
RNG is a cruel mistress. ):
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Cruel, yes, but this seemed a bit over the top.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
It might just be me, but the loot drops from Madness seem really unbalanced. Gurthalak drops
EVERY.
SINGLE.
TIME.
and sometimes more than once. Meanwhile I've seen Souldrinker/Kiril/Vishanka maybe 3 times each.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We had two No'kaleds drop this week on heroic. Our resto shaman is now dual wielding them in his OS.

We've only had gurth drop twice, and not yet on heroic. Our warrior finally got his gurth a few weeks ago, after we'd killed heroic madness (I was gone that week, so they cleared it on normal). He'd been using 384 gurth up until that point. I'm jelly of your loot, Exzavier.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
We've gotten like 8 billion nokaleds and gurths but no agi polearm, if that makes you feel any better.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
MY item hasn't dropped.
It must be broken.

Edit on first kill no less.
Edited by Asane on 4/9/2012 11:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
04/09/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Janaire
We had two No'kaleds drop this week on heroic. Our resto shaman is now dual wielding them in his OS.

This happened on our initial madness kill as well. It was quite humorous.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
It might just be me, but the loot drops from Madness seem really unbalanced. Gurthalak drops
EVERY.
SINGLE.
TIME.
and sometimes more than once. Meanwhile I've seen Souldrinker/Kiril/Vishanka maybe 3 times each.

We have seen Gurth drop twice since our first kill.

Every other kill has been Kirils and Souldrinkers.

Like literally just that staff and the one handed sword. And one caster dagger.

Granted, you've killed it more than twice the amount of times I have, but I just thought it was funny that your experience is almost opposite of mine.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
I dont understand why they messed his loot up like this, why drop the same thing more than once a kill? I think DS is the first run to have loot drop like this, and its annoying to be honest, i liked it back when bosses only dropped one of each item so that it was a greater chance for more than just one person in the guild raid to get buffed instead of 2 gurths dropping and everyone else be screwed.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Double polearms tonight!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I finally got it. And so did 2 other people, because 3 of them dropped. While I'm stoked about getting it and happy for the other hunter and feral druid that got one as well, I feel the frustration of the other people in the raid who got nothing because of it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
At this point I'm pretty sure the only time I'll see the bow is once MoP comes out and we're mount farming.

Caster daggers, everywhere.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
MY item hasn't dropped.
It must be broken.

my polearm dropped on the first kill

that being said, i think madness drops are 100% fine

05/02/2012 06:52 AMPosted by Aeon
Caster daggers, everywhere.

not nearly as bad as agi daggers everywhere, every tier
Edited by Billeemaze on 5/2/2012 7:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
EVERY.
SINGLE.
TIME.

I wish it dropped every damn time for my DK. I have yet to see it, but that damn dagger always drops :/ twice on one kill in some cases.
Reply Quote
60 Draenei Death Knight
<---15 Madness kills... NO BOW

I jinxed myself by purchasing an enchant before I got the bow in anticipation of getting the bow. I just didn't anticipate that it would take more than 16 weeks.

@OP SOOOoooooo ,,, It could be worse :-)

I can top this.

3 Maws drop. 4 healers don't already have it, including me. Guess who leaves without one.

Next 3 weeks, 2 Maws drop each time, with 3 healers who don't have it each time, including me.

I finally got a Maw. From DS normal when my guild formed an alt run that I could attend.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
If its any consolation, Ive killed N DW 13 times and not once has the bow dropped- though we've had more rogue daggers then I care to think about (last week we got TWO)- all the while our rogue is on stage 2.

I think with out exaggeration we've sharded a good 70% of our DW drops.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]