1980-86 Era! (fragglerock, voltron)

100 Human Paladin
I am trying to stimulate my WoW interest via the forum to see if i can regain my WoW interest so bare with me......

Anyone remember fraggle rock, voltron, heman, cabbage patch dolls, garbage pale kids, smurfs, rubix cube, MTV, E.T., The Dark Crystal, The Never Ending Story, Krull, She'ra, G.I.Joe, Ken & Barbie, transformers, mask.......and many more years 1980-86 give or take a week.

and I can't forget to mention 'The Challenger Shuttle' that is the saddest day in all my classes I was not yet 12 years old and was watching that in school with other classmates, the teacher and assistant were crying, very sad day.
Reply Quote
28 Undead Mage
Try watching the Garbage Pail Kids movie. See how far you can make it before your eyes jump out of your skull and flee.

Saturday morning cartoons were great during this period. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon's Lair, Kid's Super Power Hour, Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, and so forth.

I was home from school on January 28, 1986, and had the radio on, so I heard about the Challenger explosion within minutes of it happening. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. A very sad day, indeed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
04/10/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Moekey
I have most of those on DvD when ever my kids wanna watch cartoons I just pop on in =P

I have most of the cartoons I watched Sat morning on DVD as well for when my son gets old enough.

Don't forget Thundercats, The Black Cauldron, Labrynth, & Gobots

I live in South Florida and actually saw it blow up from my front yard. I remember thinking it was one of the first stage rockets and thinking that the shuttle was hurdled out of view by that explosion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Thundercats was the sh**!!!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Nothing beat coming home from school and watching Star Blazers at 330.

I think the other cartoons were a little too commercial for me. He-man was alright. GI Joe was good but I preferred the comic. Fraggle Rock and the Great Space Coaster were pretty decent though!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I am trying to stimulate my WoW interest via the forum to see if i can regain my WoW interest so bare with me......

Anyone remember fraggle rock, voltron, heman, cabbage patch dolls, garbage pale kids, smurfs, rubix cube, MTV, E.T., The Dark Crystal, The Never Ending Story, Krull, She'ra, G.I.Joe, Ken & Barbie, transformers, mask.......and many more years 1980-86 give or take a week.

and I can't forget to mention 'The Challenger Shuttle' that is the saddest day in all my classes I was not yet 12 years old and was watching that in school with other classmates, the teacher and assistant were crying, very sad day.

I remember all of that save the Garbage pale kids. Never heard of them or just dont remember. Add one more year and you could include the TMNT too.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
YMNT! ha and Power Ranges both popular for there time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]