Main City night phases

90 Worgen Death Knight
04/11/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Foodmaster
I would LOVE the world to look like any of those screenshots at night. I know we have two moons and all but it's too bright at night.

how come i never see the two at the same time when i look up?

In current expansion it's only one moon. But they are bringing it back in MOP.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
CCM
They should bring back the random weather phases as well. Who doesn't remember during their Wetlands Death Run, being darn near white-out'ed due to massive rainstorms and such?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Same. Orgrimmar feels less like a fortress dug out of a hillside these days and more like a cattle pen.

This^^
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Death Knight
I miss the weather and the day/night changes as well, but I have to say that sometimes it got too dark for me so I would have to change my computer specs while I was in game to make it all a bit lighter, but I do miss them
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
They should bring back the random weather phases as well. Who doesn't remember during their Wetlands Death Run, being darn near white-out'ed due to massive rainstorms and such?

I miss this! :( I hope they bring it back!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I miss true night in this game.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
You have the support of the ducks on this one!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I as well would love to see a true night phase in World of Warcraft. The reason behind this is simple really - With the current enviroment settings as thery are now, there is nothing at all scary about them. However when I played Everquest, there were certain zones at night that YOU never traveled into. Mostly cause what was peaceful and serene during the day transformed into something which scared the beejesus out of you.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
nights are still around you just have to have better graphic to see it now lol my HD, 30" screen at 70fps sees it all the time :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Nights should totally look like those screenshots.. and weather effects would be awesome.. imagine Orgrimmar covered in snow for christmas? It would make everything feel more alive :(
Reply Quote
Coming from the opposite end of the discussion, if it is too dark, it's hard for a lot of players to see what's going on. For that reason, I enjoy HoR, because it's well lit. However, I certainly see the point from a cosmetic and RP point of view. I leveled a DK two levels just running
herbalism in the Barrens before Cata (I wanted to really look at the place before it changed) and thought it was odd that everything was so bright at night, and not in a moonlit way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would love to see more immersive day/night and weather changes. Particularly heavy thunderstorms and darker nights. Not just in the cities, but everywhere.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
04/12/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Deitydaniel
nights are still around you just have to have better graphic to see it now lol my HD, 30" screen at 70fps sees it all the time :D

I play on Ultra, 24in, 1080HD resolution and I don't see the night you talking about.
Reply Quote
Coming from the opposite end of the discussion, if it is too dark, it's hard for a lot of players to see what's going on. For that reason, I enjoy HoR, because it's well lit. However, I certainly see the point from a cosmetic and RP point of view. I leveled a DK two levels just running
herbalism in the Barrens before Cata (I wanted to really look at the place before it changed) and thought it was odd that everything was so bright at night, and not in a moonlit way.
I agree a "true" night could be too dark on some monitors. If it were implemented there should be some sort of option to choose between the current night and the "true" night lighting.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
i'm sure my eyes would appreciate seeing some night time scenery in the game.
those screenshots are glorious :)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
The screenshots are gorgeous, the cities have a lot more character with the night lighting. Imagine raiding the opposing faction's main city under the cover of darkness! That would be wild.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Pfff. None of you who live in cities knows what it's like to be TRULY dark out at night.

Nor did I, until last August, when we moved to a new house in a semi-rural area. It honestly gets so dark out, on a cloudless night, that you can't see your own hand in front of your own face ...!!!

Living in the city, even with my shades drawn there was always enough light in my room to see by at night, for anything less than reading a book.

Living here, with OR WITHOUT my shades drawn, once it's full night I have to inch forward slowly and carefully, navigating by touch. And usually STILL stub a toe or bark my shin!
Reply Quote
50 Undead Warlock
/signed!
Reply Quote
04/13/2012 06:37 AMPosted by Githnji
I agree a "true" night could be too dark on some monitors. If it were implemented there should be some sort of option to choose between the current night and the "true" night lighting.

Or, a brightness level to go with a "natural" night phase. Personally, i miss the old, dark areas of Orgrimmar (i.e The Drag, that place was my hang out back in the day.), where i could chill out and not have a big, dusty, mountain blaring high resolution glares to my face!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]