RP in MoP.

85 Draenei Shaman
What are your plans for Roleplay in Mists of Pandaria. What do you plan on making as a char in MoP. Overall, what do you think about the changes in Mists of Pandaria?
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
I think MoP will have an impact on some people... Possibly people will say there a Sha, "part-Sha" or something plain out stupid like them being "Demon hunter vampire son of Arthas" Blah blah blah. :p
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Contrary to the people who will try out the monks on the different races, I'm going to stick straight with a Pandaren Monk and kill two birds with one stone for the new roleplay experience of a new race and class.

Otherwise, I don't look forward to the "Dragon-Sha-Mogu-Demon-Lord of Azeroth-Lich King-Twilight Cult Leader-Vampire-Deathwing's Children." They pretty much exist now, but now we get the pleasure of adding bad-guys. And I don't even want to think about those who are "part Mantid..." *Shutters at the thought*
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
... /is trying to figure out how these things are biologically possible. /Especially Sha, who are -for all intended purposes- an elemental species... incapable of reproducing. ...

/le sigh. Sometimes I don't understand how people get things through their head.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
04/03/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Laviette
... /is trying to figure out how these things are biologically possible. /Especially Sha, who are -for all intended purposes- an elemental species... incapable of reproducing. ...
What if they reproduce via the same means that the old gods reproduce in which the spread off their skin fragments (or something along those lines) comes off, and over time the skin fragments combined with their blood (or in more common terms known as saronite) the fragments eventually turn into a Sha equivalent to the faceless ones?

Also they don't necessarily need to reproduce that way if they either live forever or have a very long life expectancy and have countless slaves (or children introduced via my reproduction method) and a nice place to live in.

Edit: Also there's already an elemental species for darkness, they're the voidwalkers.
Edited by Vynathlon on 4/3/2012 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
MoP is probably the worst idea I think Blizz has ever had... At the very least they could have done something badass like the Emerald Dream, or even bring back Sargeras or something. Instead of bringing in damn pandas. It's time Blizz stopped trying to get more children to play the game, and to focus on improving it. All they have done since BC is make the game easier and easier.

I'm no lore god, but I know my fair share, and as far as I know, the Pandarians (or h.e it's spelled) didn't play a large roll in the history of Azeroth. I believe all they did was help us in a war?? Then disappeared.

As far as I'm concerned, Blizz has lost my subscription the moment MoP comes out.

Oh, and if someone would like to correct my lore, please do.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
No, you're more or less correct about the pandaren. One of them showed up to help the blood elves rescue Illidan, a group of them tried to kill them at Dalaran when they were escaping, and then there was one that helped in the founding of Orgrimmar, but to be honest they could easily have been taken out of the game and still have the same things happening. They really didn't make any kind of real contributions to the storyline.
Reply Quote
Okay cool, thanks. And from what understand from an interview that I saw with the artist that created the pandas, they basically just started out with a drawing that she made when she was bored. And the developers were like, Omg! A panda person. Let's put them in the game!" I'm assuming they were originally talking about back in Warcraft days, cause that's when they first showed up correct?

But yea, I'm pissed about the direction Blizz has chosen to go with WoW. At this point, just make another Warcraft...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
04/03/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Rüneblade
something badass like the Emerald Dream

That story is over...

Main reason we have Ysera back in the waking world.As for RP I am very excited involving my new character, still a bit of a work in progress that I'm not entirely ready to divulge yet. Hoping to have an original toon when the expansion launches.

As for the Sha thing supposedly they can infect people, those who have trouble controlling their emotions are supposed to be more susceptible to being infected and controlled. Sha are pretty frightening too.

EDIT: Post came out weird o-o
Edited by Dawnsky on 4/3/2012 8:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The Emerald Dream issue was hardly resolved (if I remember correctly. It's been awhile since I've read "Stormrage") I might be wrong, but I don't remember the Nightmare ever truly being beaten. Just forced back into a small corner of the Emerald Dream.

I'm probably wrong here. Don't remember a whole lot of "Stormrage". Maybe I should start rereading some of the stories.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I love every bit about MoP...except for two things...

The death of Garrosh and bringing Thrall back as Warchief

That, in my full honest opinion, is a terrible story decision.

But I love everything else. Ever since I played WC3 I loved the Pandaren Brewmaster and the Pandaren Transcendents (class only found on map editor) and was sorta disappointed that they weren't in actual WoW, though they showed hints (Keg of Stormstout quest in The Barrens). Now I am excited for it!

I mean, not much else you can do with WoW...Emerald Dream got all wrapped up in a book, we could possibly do a return to Outlands, or we could go to Argus and save it from the Burning Legion.

'Course, there is also the talk about the return of the Titans...so maybe that could work.

But, anyways, I am still anxiously waiting for this expansion to come out. The artwork looks effing fantastic! And I could melt to the new asian style music, flutes are always epic.

EDIT: Forgot what I was going to do in MoP.

Pandaren Monk! He gonna go to the Horde side because he would find interest in the Tauren and challenge some of the mightiest warriors to see who really is the toughest.
Edited by Nenjurash on 4/3/2012 8:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
04/03/2012 08:53 PMPosted by Nenjurash
The death of Garrosh

We still don't know if he is going to die or not. They just said he would be featured in the last raid. Didn't say how it would end. I'm really interested to see how it will play out. Even with Blizzard revealing such information doesn't really ruin the experience for me. It was like reading the Halo novel; Fall of Reach. Then playing the game that has a general but slightly alternate story. Knowing everyone was going to die at the end didn't exactly ruin how the story unfolded.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
Ok so this is what I will do: Make a monk....Lvl him up a bit....Climb to the top of a mountian...Wait for someone and make them do a Cheesy chinese training montage with the two jugs and climbing up a mountian with them.....Gonna be freakin awesome..
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
My Druid will be there, as an envoy of the Cenarion Circle, to scope the place out.

My Rogue will be arriving as an agent of SI:7 sent out to find the White Pawn.

My Warrior is being shipped out to assist the Warchief's offensive on the island.

My Mage is going to arrive there via a teleportation backfire. >.>

Once they all get there, though, I'm not sure. I'll think it up as I go along.
Edited by Gandred on 4/4/2012 6:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
04/03/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Rüneblade
Okay cool, thanks. And from what understand from an interview that I saw with the artist that created the pandas, they basically just started out with a drawing that she made when she was bored. And the developers were like, Omg! A panda person. Let's put them in the game!" I'm assuming they were originally talking about back in Warcraft days, cause that's when they first showed up correct?
More or less. To my understanding in between Warcraft 3 and Warcraft 2 (or maybe Reign of Chaos and the Frozen Throne), one of the warcraft designers drew a picture of a panda person for what I think was supposed to be a christmas present, then the developers saw it and thought it was cool then put the design of a panda head on Illidan's blades because they thought it was so awesome. Then the Pandaren became the iconic race of Blizzard in the world of warcraft saying that they did exist but with little proof of their existence aside from being a cool group of easter eggs, then they ran out of ideas and decided to keep wow going after 8 years and basically said "Hey what if we had an expansion about Pandas? We barely have any real lore on the Pandaren, they exist and we can come up with a bunch of cool stuff" and thus Mists of Pandaria was born.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
04/03/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Dawnsky
We still don't know if he is going to die or not. They just said he would be featured in the last raid. Didn't say how it would end. I'm really interested to see how it will play out. Even with Blizzard revealing such information doesn't really ruin the experience for me. It was like reading the Halo novel; Fall of Reach. Then playing the game that has a general but slightly alternate story. Knowing everyone was going to die at the end didn't exactly ruin how the story unfolded.
I'm pretty sure that they said Garrosh will be the expansion's antagonist, which would imply that we have to kill him. Although tbh, they're talking about bringing back Kel'thuzad, Illidan, and Kael'thas so I wouldn't be surprised if he did come back.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I totally agree. Killing Garrosh is stupid. Thrall was a !@#$ty watrchief
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
I will be RPing as Kanima Spiritspiral, a Pandaren Brewmaster who goes to the greatest Taverns in the world in search of the greatest bar fights.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]