Fury or Arms dps

85 Gnome Warrior
I am new to warrior dps since I spent most of my time leveling tanking and even still this character was just a alt for me so I didn't do much in learning this class before. I have been doing some research on how much damage fury and arms do doing raids and what they bring to a raid right now I am finding fury puts out the most damage. I have been basing this off of mostly stats of a few normal sites that are good but I still have to ask what do you more experienced warriors think? Right now does it matter which spec I pick? I can do ether one I just picked fury because I like using 2 2handed weapons. Also which spec do you think brings more to the raid overall buff, cc etc wise because I would rather pick the spec that helps the raid more.
-Thanks, normally your boss raid/tank healer.
Edited by Chaosmaiden on 4/3/2012 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
04/03/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Chaosmaiden
I am finding fury puts out the most damage

How did you come up with this idea?
Just curious, because it's wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
I would have said world of logs but it seems that I was looking at it wrong, I took another look and I see why.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
How did you come up with the idea arms is better?
Just curious, because you're dumb.----

Because it is. Fury isn't... terrible, but Arms just brings so much more to the table right now because of the mechanics on most of the DS fights. Fury does better because of its burst CDs on H Spine, but that's really about it. Arms just has better single-target DPS and burst AoE DPS right now, and that matters in DS.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Ultraxion/10N/Fury_Warrior/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Ultraxion/10N/Arms_Warrior/
. -- Oh look, within 1% of eachother... wow, looking at logs is hard.

You should probably look at Raidbots instead.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Ultraxion/10N/100/14/60/default/
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Ultraxion/10N/all/14/60/default/

That's both top 100 and all parses of Ultra 10N. The same is true on all of the other settings.

Look, I love Fury a lot. I'd love to be Fury right now, but Arms is really just that much better. It's not just AoE fights like Yor'Sahj, but pretty much every fight.
Edited by Samayael on 4/3/2012 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10N?
Really, Icecreaman?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Ultraxion/10N/Fury_Warrior/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Ultraxion/10N/Arms_Warrior/
. -- Oh look, within 1% of eachother... wow, looking at logs is hard.

You looked at the #1/2 parses and somehow determined how much damage a spec does on average?

A MUCH better way to determine what specs are good, are to look at the #200 parses, as they are a accurate representative of how well a spec does. Top 5-10 parses are almost always examples of RNG extremely in someones favor OR extremely overgeared characters doing normal content, such as the top 2 fury parses here that only last 2:35.

Check heroic logs.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Ultraxion/10H/Fury_Warrior/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Ultraxion/10H/Arms_Warrior/

Notice how only ONE fury warrior does over 50k dps and how arms has an entire page of 50k+ parses? Arms has multiple 54k parses.

4k difference = 8%.

Go to the #200 parses for each spec.

Fury: 41.7k
Arms: 47.0k

12% difference.

Arms is way better.

PS: Do you even know what it TAKES to get top 50 fury parses? You have to build a 2nd set of dps gear, stacked with +mastery gems so that you have some ridiculous amount of mastery (5000? 6000?), "prepot" with it, using deathwish 2 seconds before the boss is pulled and then swapping into your normal dps gear, and then your raid has to use heroism right at the start to get the full benefit of it.

No thank you, I'll stick with arms.
Edited by Collision on 4/3/2012 10:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

PS: Do you even know what it TAKES to get top 50 fury parses? You have to build a 2nd set of dps gear, stacked with +mastery gems so that you have some ridiculous amount of mastery (5000? 6000?), "prepot" with it, using deathwish 2 seconds before the boss is pulled and then swapping into your normal dps gear, and then your raid has to use heroism right at the start to get the full benefit of it.

No thank you, I'll stick with arms.
this is hard? and no you don't need to use a mastery set to get 50k+ on ultra as fury. I only made a mastery set for the Blood legion dps challenge since the fight is so short. on a normal length fight the mastery set only nets you around 1k extra dps max.

Also if your raid is not using the double lust strat something is wrong.
Edited by Nighthorror on 4/4/2012 12:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Thanks for all the info and the power aura string. I am going to test out both specs some more to see what I can do with them, tho I favor fury atm.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Chaos, listen to someone who actually knows how to play a warrior and isn't just the dps spec of the patch. I've always been fury because I loved the idea of a crazy berserk running around with two 2H's, I felt unique and special. If I wanted to look like a pally or DK, i'd be playing one, they're easier anyways, lol.

---

I highly recommend going fury for dps, I love it, and if you reforge and play right you'll notice something magical: Fury is within 1% dps of arms for single target fights, and within 5% of them in aoe fights. People are just pulling numbers out of their asses for "LOLOMGBLADESTORM, WOW ARMS IS BETTER". If you notice, the only reason most warriors are arms, is to assist with aoe dps (abuse imo) bladestorm and sweeping with recklessness for high numbers in groups of adds, since most fights have them.
Personally, I've preferred Arms for a long time -- but the point here is correct. You can do respectable DPS with either spec. In theory, Arms warriors can do more DPS right now but it's also a more complicated rotation and that DPS edge is largely due to AOE damage.

At the end of the day, the spec doesn't do damage -- you do. Play whatever you find more fun, and (at the moment) there isn't a huge disadvantage to making either choice. Odds are if you enjoy one spec more, you'll get better at that spec and that spec will be the better DPS output for you. Hopefully, the parity in specs will continue into MoP.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
At the end of the day, the spec doesn't do damage -- you do. Play whatever you find more fun, and (at the moment) there isn't a huge disadvantage to making either choice.

Pretty much. Thats why I am still Fury. Fury for life. That and I tried arms and I hated it.....
and did worse dps then fury...
and I didn't enjoy it at all...
and its boring...

Go with what you enjoy. :D
Ps; stop the hating. Were all brothers here <3
Edited by Goubatsu on 4/6/2012 1:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Fury I find is really dependent on stacking hit, before I stacked my hit my dps was about on average 30K in 5 man heroics, last night I tried it out with a lot more hit and I did almost 34K.

Which makes sense due to the buffing of white hits and the more you white hit the better your rage regen, allowing me to spam more rage dumping hits.

try it out and see how it works for ya
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I was fury coming out of FL and went right into DS; 4.3 was unkind to fury. Respec'd with the same gear and saw a 12% bump. Bliz plays favorites in 4.3 rogues and mages saw thier top specs change too. But unless you are wiping and stinking up the raid, I like to enjoy the game and not be micro-managing everything.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I personally output about 5% more dps as fury single target than arms. As arms i do about 80k dps multitarget ,but oh wait all the bosses in dragonsoul are primarily single target fights. herp derp. If your new to playing a warrior arms is the way to go. You can slap on any piece of tripe gear mash 2 buttons and win like a champ just like the pallies and dks. Fury is a headache statwise and the rotation is crazy. hence why arms is preferred this patch. This is why everyone magically thinks that arms is the better spec because everyone and their autistic friend sees better results from arms because they don't know how to play fury properly.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Why do simple discussions on these forums always turn into:

Person 1: "You're dumb!"
Person 2: "No you're dumb!"
Person 1: "You're dumber!!"

Can't you guys grow up and learn to disagree and argue without resorting to name calling like little children?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]