Blackhand Memories

85 Night Elf Death Knight
Does anyone remember the days long past?

It used to be a long long long time ago.. back when Horde side only had a few guilds. You had the key players like Cool Cats, Faded Dreams, Warfare, then you had the ones trying to get over the hill like Twilights Call that ended up feeding to the big names.
Transcended and Neph both still existed and were at a war with each other for server firsts.
Guilds like Forsaken Deathknights busy trying to recruit the entire server...

It used to be that horde dominated battlegrounds, in the time when you had to be at the battleground location. There were two horde groups that always ran..
An internal Cool Cats group powered by Chakazulu, Ijannak, Pentjack, and a few others.
A random pug group mostly powered by Open, Closed, Juljamadin, Vespalar, Lasider, Nayta, Crystalcat..
That is until the.. for the life of me I don't remember what the guild name was.. that alliance guild that came in and showed everyone how well crowd control worked in WSG..

Izhazul was busy typing incoherently at all times, while Warfare was busy accusing CC of stealing their boss strats from their forums.. Mallius was busy trolling the forums so hard he became a blackhand superstar and was accepted into Transcended but then went back to Grim Garotte because Transcended was too weaksauce for him.

In these times we waged war back and forth. Everyone's hearthstone was set to either Tarren Mill or Southshore. They had major players in the Battle of Two Cities.. guilds like Commatatus Prateorn got a start here and made a name for themselves.

Nephilum eventually exploded in a fit of flaming drama. Cool Cats disbanded and finally let Warfare get ahead of the curve with the introduction of the failstorm that was Burning Crusade at first..

40 size guilds were sweeping and epic, and pvp meant something other than just another means towards the loot..

Maybe meaningless rant, but hey..
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Yes I do, suprised you said lasider because he didn't pvp as much I did back then during the vanilla days. Sure you probably remember dlingyboy too because he ran the warfare ones the most for pvp.
Reply Quote
Yeah Wari! Forgot about you and Dlingyboy. Sorry. It's been a lot of many years, you know.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
Also dropped Panic completely off the radar. They and a few from Last Attempt had their own PvP group that circulated HWL.

I find myself reminiscing with a buddy about CC fun points and Ragingcalm's near-full T2 a lot of the time. It was important to keep FDK outta BWL, he needed loot!

I got into the raiding (and PvP) game late in Vanilla but I still have my Izhuzul-made bs'ing items that cost me my soul to craft (350g at the time I believe) and having to equip it in front of him because using the AH to sell cost double the crafter's fee.

I know it's because we had no better or more convenient alternative for PvP at the time but I do miss seeing the line at Tarren Mill and trying to fight my way in.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
ha only thing i hated about TM and southshore is my computer couldn't handle it lol, so much lag it was ridicolous.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
The Warsong guild you were thinking of is "Aphelion" led by Bishop. His mage crew and paladins were heinous.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Ijanaak was never good at PvP you fool
Reply Quote
Really thought there would be more of the original players left on BH. Has everyone from all the old, big guilds moved on to other servers and/or quit many years ago?
It's kindof strange in a way, to armory someone you used to play with years ago, and see them howling in the wind at level 70 or whatever they made it to before finally being forgotten forever.
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Warlock
04/04/2012 04:02 AMPosted by Stoicheion
Ijanaak was never good at PvP you fool

best rapper alive tho
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
most of the vanilla players have just quit this game im sure, most of the players that I known during vanilla just moved on by now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Not going to lie. Jimmythehand was the greatest rogue blackhand has ever seen...just saying.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I remember many of those things. For the record, I liked TBC. :P

And oh. Why couldn't you have forgotten about FDK? Now I remember, and it makes me wish I could forget.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Digit! Wtf... I thought we were friends, man... way to not say anything.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Vanilla player, didn't come to BH until wrath. When we did FD's birthday video, we had to research into the old forums of BH, or whats left of them. A few links if you're bored.

Vanilla Progression thread:
http://wowarchive.yg.com/thread.html?topicId=11931430&sid=1&pageNo=1

Open is on this one, and a few others you may remember.
http://wowarchive.yg.com/thread.html?topicId=965507481&sid=1&pageNo=1
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
I will always defend the linen.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Moeshia... that archive crap is cool as !@#$. Too bad they didn't have anything older like when I was there. Seems to be archived from like Wrath when I was on Cho'gall... too bad.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
04/05/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Ijanaak
Digit! Wtf... I thought we were friends, man... way to not say anything.
Most people were not on this server when cross realm BG's started and Lance's group rocking 3 hunters 1 of which being you and we frost trapped our way to victory. Our WSG group lost 1 game during that time. Blackhand had really good BG teams/players at that time but nobody really remembers that. The first night arena's came out at 60 I remember doing 3's with Nyerzzo and Trildon and beating the priest/warrior/Ehance Shaman team from Team ice 9-3 over the course of the night. They ended up going on to become Arena superstars while the 3 of us played sparingly. There is no doubt you played and still play a good hunter. I hate to sound like a broken record but I enjoyed the game alot more back then vs now. There might be 10-20 people who I still see in game that I remember from the early days of blackhand.

I sill have some old screenshots of WSG games and im trying to find the one of the 3 hour game we had vs Trans after our first nef kill. I'll post some as I find them.
Edited by Digit on 4/6/2012 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Digit, come raid with Gwen Stefani yo.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Yeah it is Ijanaak. Here is some 40man raiding, brings back memories for me--even though I wasn't with FD then.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9138630415520079697#docid=1286761404780189237
Edited by Moeshia on 4/6/2012 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]