Why can't horde win a BG?

85 Night Elf Druid
4/6. Cana, AV's just keep on flowing, I'm sorry for your luck :(
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Kimmel unless the human racial somehow causes horde to fight in mid or on the roads and/or ignore objectives than it has nothing to do with losing a BG (if it does please let me know & I will switch to human).

All sarcasm aside the human racial is only relevant at the highest levels of PvP where very small differences determine who wins & who loses. At the random BG level the team with less morons wins.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Hey i lost a battleground! I'm gonna run to the forums!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
3-5

AB finally something other than IOC
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
4-5

AB
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Can I have some of your crack please. On my old account I had three 85s with a combined 5,000 BGs done and none of the had over a 35% win rate. I dont even PvP anymore its so bad. Its just not worth me throwing my keyboard against the wall and wanting to smash kittens after losing another 15 in a row.

Only thing I look forward too is AV weekend cause I know I can easily level all my alts to 80 with RAF because for some reason its the only BG alliance wins 90% of the time.
Edited by Tifaniä on 4/6/2012 7:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Bots should have a 35% win rate... almost everyone I inspect (even the terribads) have at least a 40% win rate. You are doing something very, very wrong.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Priest
Can I have some of your crack please. On my old account I had three 85s with a combined 5,000 BGs done and none of the had over a 35% win rate. I dont even PvP anymore its so bad. Its just not worth me throwing my keyboard against the wall and wanting to smash kittens after losing another 15 in a row.

Only thing I look forward too is AV weekend cause I know I can easily level all my alts to 80 with RAF because for some reason its the only BG alliance wins 90% of the time.

Speak for yourself and not blame your faction.

If you call your opponents lying for their losing rates whilst have a losing rate yourself, it only goes to show that you are NOT willing to not take your share of the blame for your team's shortcomings.

Your experiences =/= everybody elses experiences.

And the above poster is right. Bots have around a 30-35% win rate. You are doing something very wrong to get a win rate like that.
Reply Quote
69 Worgen Warrior
04/05/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Driscol
but i dont really understand how both factions can have a majority losing ratio. the system doesnt match you with people with similar gear or something?

Singular experience is scewed. Your losing experience is balanced by the other 9.9 million people who play this game. Sure, there are some unlucky people who lose repeatedly and there are some totally unskilled, unworthy people who win a lot more than they lose, but on balance, the win/loss ratio is supposedly balanced between the factions. Blizzard reports that is about 50/50 and we will never have the evidence to question what they tell us. I am pretty sure it is somewhat balanced based on my own personal experience. There are times when Alliance teams that I am on win 6 in a row and times when Alliance is just downright lousy and loses 6 in a row. The frustration of losing, coupled with the lousy attitudes that some BGers have makes it seem worse than it actually is.
Reply Quote
80 Human Hunter
I just hate when people come here swearing up and down that the win rate is close to 50%. I wish my characters were even at 40%. My rogue is 28%, my warrior is 31%, and my druid is 34%. Wont list my other characters as they are either not 85 or have less than 1000 BGs played.

As alliance usually our top healers are warriors, DKs, and Locks. I have been in ABs where theres literally 14 alliance at Stables getting destroyed by 7-8 Horde just because they wont focus healers or do the obvious thing and go around them to hit mine or LM. Have been in EoTs that are just the same. Horde will have 3 towers and we will have 10 alliance turtling our only tower and the other 4 are going to get the flag for some reason, while I just keep dying because I cant take a tower solo.
Edited by Dabriix on 4/6/2012 10:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
My win rate is 57%. My DK's win rate is over 60% and my lock's win rate is over 50%. All have at least 400 BGs played (so enough to be statistically significant). Yes a lot of alliance are bad but so aren't a lot of horde (the bads cancel each other out over the long run).

A freaking bot should be winning at least 1/3 of his matches so if your above numbers are accurate you are doing something very wrong.
Reply Quote
80 Human Hunter

A freaking bot should be winning at least 1/3 of his matches so if your above numbers are accurate you are doing something very wrong.

So its me and not the other 9,14,or 39 players. Got it. Didnt realize 1 person could carry a team full of baddies who insist of fighting on the road instead of trying to win. Just the same as 1 baddie wont cause a team full of skilled players to lose. I mean how can I make 12 people not camp out at stables or a single EoTS tower? I cant.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You're seriously underestimating the difference that one good player can make, especially in the 10's and 15's.

It's also pretty likely the stats page on your toons is bugged, make sure you check the total manually. The only time I've ever seem someone who legitimately had a sub-30% win rate they were very obviously a shockingly bad player.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Agreed, the imbalance created by the human racial is responsible for the majority of Alliance success in PvP. From what I have heard Blizzard isn't going to balance things for a very long time (perhaps never). It is incredibly difficult for Horde teams to compete with folks that are allowed to run around with a double dps trinket set-up. This is the catalyst for the quick gearing of Alliance teams, pile that on with the racial and be guaranteed that Horde teams will suffer from this imbalance until the folks at Blizz decide that they actually care about balance in PvP.

But I don't want to complain without offering a solution so here is mine, Everyman should put on use dps/health trinkets on cool down. This would at the very least afford opposing teams a sliver of time in which they can counter attack without facing an opponent that is not only free to attack but with a massive dps bonus.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
There are days when the Aliiance keep on winning. But there has been times when horde has beeen winning for days straight. In this realm during WOTLK, in winterrasp, horde always won. Very rare was it for the alliance to win. Maybe once every 3 to 4 weeks. Eventually Alliance players started faction change or transfer realms. The amount of Alliance lowered to the point horde always won. So it just depends on the players there are some horde that are really good and some that suck. Same for the Alliance.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Priest
Like I said earlier over at the other thread, why are you posting on alts Tifania/Dabriix and trying to pass it off as different people, you know the forums can track down if you posted on alts in the same thread (or similar threads) as it auto-ignores your other alts?
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Priest
04/06/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Studabaker
But I don't want to complain without offering a solution so here is mine, Everyman should put on use dps/health trinkets on cool down. This would at the very least afford opposing teams a sliver of time in which they can counter attack without facing an opponent that is not only free to attack but with a massive dps bonus.

Or they could just disable PVE trinkets in Arena, with a secondary racial (such as a desperate prayer or such) to compensate. EMFH fixed.

EMFH is really only OP when it's close to the end of the season when min/maxers are rocking in PVE heroic trinkets.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
The PvP playerbase has just dried up, and all players who actually liked PvP don't participate as much as they used to.

We are now seeing the effects of Blizzard's complete neglect of PvP this expansion. They have failed to address any concerns, yet Cata was released over a year ago. People who played through vanilla, BC, and WotLK are frustrated, disenchanted, and just turned off to the whole PvP process with the exception of getting gear. Cata has been the biggest PvP failure yet - aside from maybe early vanilla.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]