Need some HM Spine 10-Man Holy info prz

90 Human Priest
We just downed Warmaster Tuesday night, and are going to be working on HM Spine all night tonight. I am rolling Holy for the fight with a Resto Druid and a Disc as the other healers. I know this fight is real tough, so I was wanting to see if I could get some Holy specific advice for the fight? And please don't just tell me to go disc.

What I am thinking so far:

1. Drop darkness, pick up renew talents
2. Glyph Renew
3. Roll out with Fiery Quintessence and/or Valor spirit trink (I have been had the WORST luck with trinket drops all expansion, so I don't have Jaws or Heart or anything else...)
4. Possibly switch to Visage of the Destroyer with Heartsong (or PT, is HS overkill?)

So other than that, I am just wondering if I should stay with haste or go mastery (remember this is for 10 man), and what else should I do Holy specific to prepare and execute this fight?

Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
1) You should always have Renew Glyphed, regardless. Glyph of Flash Heal is terrible.
2) Do you not have a Maw? You'll want a Maw if you have it. Otherwise a 410 Weapon with Heartsong wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm not too sure I would sacrifice that much Intellect for those Trinkets, though..

There is a lot of AoE damage in this fight, so you will probably find yourself in Sanctuary quite a lot. In our attempts I've always been Discipline, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be in Serenity much if at all, if I were Holy. I would personally do Spirit/Mastery for this fight, but that's all preference, really. I believe Ashleycakez downed this as Holy on 10M so hopefully she will come in here and give you more specific advice, but this should start you off!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I agree with all of what Radial said regarding spec/gear

A few things to note-
1. I've heard on 10 man Spine people use Serenity but I'm not sure if this is true for HSpine. So I really dunno, since I run 25s.
2. I was told Spirit/Crit was best for Holy Priest on HSpine due to Crit being the only stat that affects Renew (aside from haste breakpoint) which will be your main heal here. Though, again, maybe 10-man is different somehow... idk.

The trinkets you're using are both better than the trinkets you named in your post. It's a shame you don't have a Resto Shaman because they're amazing for this fight, but I'm sure you can make do.

I wouldn't tell you to go Disc, having double disc in 10 man would be insane, especially considering the state of Disc on Spine (that is, useless on plasma but good for utility).
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Cool thanks Radial. I do have Maw, I forgot about switching back to that, thanks. I was mostly thinking about Visage of the Destroyer for the extra spirit. I guess I am just worried about mana problems because I know this fight is pretty long. So as far as trinks go, do you think Fiery Quintessence and Foul Gift? That will keep me some static int, and some on use for clutch time.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I don't know if I would call it real tough anymore after all the nerfs. You should glyph Renew (Or at the very least never glyph Flash Heal). You're not going to be begging for mana as long as you get two fiends/hymns off in the encounter and you're not going crazy over Searing Plasma, so don't fret about your gear or your spirit. It's fine.

Healing the encounter is pretty simple. Heal through the roll -> Handle Searing Plasma and tank damage using Serenity -> AoE heal through superheated -> DPS tendon. If you do that six times you win. Almost the same as normal, except if you're assigned to dispel Blood Corruption you'll have to do that also. You can glyph Dispel Magic for that. It should morph into the earth version after 2-4 dispels, and it will never morph back into Death. Get two stacks on your tanks, then after that try and get it on people who tend to get threat on bloods. You'll have a lot of bloods at the end, so you'll want to pay more attention to anyone that has threat on them.

I normally used GS on someone who had a lot of Searing Plasma left and was probably going to die from imminent damage (Happened quite a bit during progression). I used Hymn during a superheated usually. As for raid cooldowns, you won't need strong cooldowns for superheated as long as your raid is good at getting Amalgs as low as possible without killing them too soon. You'll want your strong cooldowns for rolls, and especially so considering that you don't have a Spirit Link Totem to use.

Lastly, make sure your raid is using Lightwell. This isn't a very hectic fight even for a DPS breaking grips, there's no reason not to.

Edit

1. I've heard on 10 man Spine people use Serenity but I'm not sure if this is true for HSpine. So I really dunno, since I run 25s.
2. I was told Spirit/Crit was best for Holy Priest on HSpine due to Crit being the only stat that affects Renew (aside from haste breakpoint) which will be your main heal here. Though, again, maybe 10-man is different somehow... idk

That's true on 10 heroic. I wouldn't gear for crit on 10 though, you're in Serenity so much.
Edited by Nysem on 4/5/2012 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thanks Intrigue, your Draenei looks awesome btw!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thanks for the pro advice, Nysem. I honestly forget I even had Glyph of Flash on. I don't even remember why now and wonder how long it has been like that lol. So Nysem, as far as gear goes I should just stay as is??
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Ohh I remember now, I put glyph of flash on for Zon'ozz progression when we couldn't keep anyone up... 2 months later, oops! LOL~
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Seems we have the option to offer utility with Disc as Intrigue said, or assist with plasma as holy. I imagine it depends greatly on your composition. We have Hpally, Resto shammy and myself. Since we have shammy I imagine going disc will be more beneficial than holy as barrier/spirit link are a godly combination come 3rd plate.

Managing the debuffs and keeping stacks of earth on tanks and necessary raid members, and how the off tank stacks/manages bloods is also a huge factor in my experience on this fight on my feral tank.

I know I've been watching various videos of 10m heroic spine from both a Holy and Disc PoV just to see how each spec handles their role differently. Either way, I don't see my guild killing this for a couple more weeks, and that makes me a sad panda :(
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
I healed our last kill as Holy and I am not sure I got a 100 percent accurate picture since it's been on farm for weeks (and it's faceroll with the nerfs). We also have a different healing comp since we have a Rsham instead of a Rdruid. I'll give it a shot though...

If I wanted to min/max for Holy on this fight I would pick up the following spec/glyphs...

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfurrRobkcdoh:ozV0qZ0Vz

You have several options for the final major glyph. I guess you could move two points from Darkness to VS if you really needed your fiends off CD quicker (probably won't make a difference).

I would run with a Mastery or Crit build (I went with Mastery... I will probably try Crit next week to see the difference). The inefficiency of Haste is just going to cause you problems.

For trinkets I would just use what you normally run with. If you're having significant mana problems feel free to go with Heartsong.

I ended up staying in Chakra Sanctuary for the majority of the fight (started in Serenity but ended up not caring enough to stance dance for the rest of it :)). It is likely a stronger option to stance dance with Sanctuary up for rolls and maybe 9 stack Amalgations though. Use Serenity for everything else.

For the most part I just put Renew on Plasma targets and bombed GH into them with PoM out. I used BH at times if it was out on myself and someone else. If we had several Plasma out and multiple players were not topped from blood explosions I would use CoH. For rolls/9 stack Amalgations it was all PoH/CoH/PoM spam and/or DH (You could also use HW: Sanc on rolls... It probably isn't needed for 9 stack Amalgations). I popped DP when I had Plasma. GS would be used as a tank CD on 9 stack Amalgations.

If we didn't have an Rsham I would drop LW just before rolls and yell at people to spam click it if they had Plasma. I would imagine It's important to burn through all of those Plasma ASAP without SLT available.

With the nerfs in place you should be able to concentrate entirely on healing and ignore the tendons. Let your DPS handle blowing those up and work on Plasma/conserving mana.

The biggest contributor to success on 10H Spine is handling sweeping and CD usage correctly. You will want at least one CD up for each 9 Stack Amalgation and everything else up for rolls. I would hero on the first tendon burn of plate 3 because your roll CD's should be back up for the second tendon burn of plate 3.

I am not sure what else to say...
Edited by Volios on 4/5/2012 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thanks for all the advice. The fight doesn't seem as difficult as I thought it would be. We were getting to the second plate pretty solid. Hopefully it will be a kill next week. Still wondering what to do with Lightwell though. I read a few things saying to put it out for the roll, but that doesn't seem to be that big of an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I got rank 3 on this fight on WoL as holy, so I'll give you my input:

1. I personally prefer to reforge for haste. You shouldn't really be having that much mana issues as holy. You get to use your fiend 3 times on spine (first tendon, after 3rd tendon, and near the end), so you're fine as long as you pace yourself.

2. I stay in serenity most of the time. I only go in sanctuary for the rolls and in the last minute or so of the fight.

3. What's nice about using your light wells during the rolls is that dps usually has a second to click on it then. It's not a big deal, though. You can really use it just throughout the fight, as well. I personally didn't find it necessary during the rolls, either.

4. My general rotation on every debuff would be renew+serenity+greater heal+greater heal. I would leave the target alone after this point, even if the debuff isn't gone. I'd keep PoM up on cooldown, and since I have so little mana issues, I'd throw down a CoH if I felt the group needed it. If I had spare time, I'd throw out renews on the tanks, as well.

That's just a quick run down. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thanks Odious, and grats on your WoL rankings! Basically the role I was playing yesterday was dispeller and AoE debuf killer. I stayed in sanctuary and would PoH and CoH the groups with 3 or more debuffs and of course spot heal. I don't really think that mana was an issue, but there was a few times when the debuffs overwhelmed us, so I think I will try your method next week, I think it would be easy to juggle that and the dispell at the same time. The problem I had when I was just debuff blasting and the disc was dispelling was that I was ooming, so I like the idea of hitting them with renew, serenity, gheal x2, and calling it good.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
We're working on that one too.

Honestly, I stay in Chakra:Serenity the whole fight. I just focus on helping the first set of Dispels, since it's multiple ones. Then I just Renew, HW: Serenity, Greater Heal x2 and check the debuff to see how much more needs clearing. If it's low enough, I just move onto the next target.

When it's on me and my Desperate Prayer is up, I'll Renew, Hw: Serenity, Desperate Prayer, Greater Heal.

After we roll and there's a lot of the Searing Plasma, then I'll Divine Hymn.

For Mana, I'll use a potion of Concentration at some point during a tendon. You get a bit of recovery time there. Also, You can send your shadowfiend at the burning tendon with or without Hymn of Hope.

Lightwell down for any and all who click it, it's really nice for 9 Stacks before kaboom. Prayer of Mending is a bit wonky because it's great when the AoE damage goes out, the debuff ticks, or you're flipping deathwing, but otherwise, it won't help heal off Searing Plasma unless that player takes damage.

---

Also, since we're three healing this, we do the assignments like this:

1.) Holy Paladin beacons tanks. Tank Heals, and off heals Searing Plasma.
2.) Holy Priest focuses on Searing Plasma and assists the dispels when they hit the three players.
3.) Resto Shaman focuses on Dispels and Raid Healing. Drops Healing Rain for the non-tanks to assist with everything.

The nice thing about this is when someone actually loses health and has the searing plasma on them. The Resto Sham or the Holy Paladin will heal them while the Holy Priest is also healing them. It naturally increases the amount of healing that player receives which is the correct triage. Sometimes we even get all three healers on that one target and WHAMMO that plasma is off and they're up. It works out great.

---

And well, I use Glyph of Flash for PvP, so I'm constantly forgetting to switch it out. I feel ya!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/06/2012 01:07 AMPosted by Odioushealer
1. I personally prefer to reforge for haste. You shouldn't really be having that much mana issues as holy. You get to use your fiend 3 times on spine (first tendon, after 3rd tendon, and near the end), so you're fine as long as you pace yourself.

You have the faster Shadowfiend. Hm... that may be necessary for this fight if Mana Regen is an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest

You have the faster Shadowfiend. Hm... that may be necessary for this fight if Mana Regen is an issue.

Honestly, I didn't even need to extra shadowfiend. I'll go w/o that talent next week. I just specced into it because that's what everyone recommends. I did get pretty lucky with gear drops, though, so I still recommend the talent for most people on this fight in particular.
Edited by Odioushealer on 4/6/2012 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
04/06/2012 08:53 AMPosted by Censøred
Thanks Odious, and grats on your WoL rankings! Basically the role I was playing yesterday was dispeller and AoE debuf killer. I stayed in sanctuary and would PoH and CoH the groups with 3 or more debuffs and of course spot heal. I don't really think that mana was an issue, but there was a few times when the debuffs overwhelmed us, so I think I will try your method next week, I think it would be easy to juggle that and the dispell at the same time. The problem I had when I was just debuff blasting and the disc was dispelling was that I was ooming, so I like the idea of hitting them with renew, serenity, gheal x2, and calling it good.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get it down soon.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
04/05/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Intrigue
I was told Spirit/Crit was best for Holy Priest on HSpine due to Crit being the only stat that affects Renew (aside from haste breakpoint) which will be your main heal here. Though, again, maybe 10-man is different somehow... idk.

My own testing has shown that Haste/Crit can be beneficial, since Haste decreases both the time between ticks and the overall duration of Renew.

Other than that, yes, what others have said.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
04/05/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Radial
I believe Ashleycakez downed this as Holy on 10M so hopefully she will come in here and give you more specific advice, but this should start you off!

I did it as Disc :( The Barrier was much wanted. *sad face*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]