Noblegarden Mount is Insanely Expensive

85 Draenei Shaman
It has a chance to drop from the eggs themselves, it's pretty likely you'll find one before you have the 500 eggs to buy one.

And if you don't it's a week long holiday, plenty of time.

Unfortunately I did not have such luck. I farmed the entire 500 chocolates, in a few hours no less, and was able to get the mount. By Wednesday the hype had died down and I was able to farm up eggs fairly quickly.

Is it expensive? Sure. Is it possible to do? Absolutely.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
Not one of my toons got it in an egg for 3 years; I went to 500 with one this year to get it and was disappointed to see it's grey- the icon is pink/purple.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I've found that it's a lot more bearable if you break up your egg-collecting into sessions of 50-100 eggs. It's fairly quick to collect that many, and you can do it in your downtime while you're waiting to do other things (dungeons, battlegrounds, etc.). Though I didn't get the pleasure of finding a Springstrider in one of my eggs until #453, you may end up like a friend of mine and stumble upon it after your 8th one!

Best of luck with your egg-hunting :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/13/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Santhirra
And of course if you are trying for the title as well, that extra 100 you have to eat just hurts.

Yus that did indeed hurt >.<

My friend sent me a rabbit pet on Sunday (cause she's sweet like that) so I didn't have to worry about getting those chocolates for the pet.

In the end: I got the title on Monday after an hour. I got the mount on Tuesday after another hour. I got the pink ears on Wednesday (in a few minutes of egg picking). I got the black ears last night (few minutes of egg picking). I ended up finding 2 pets (sent to my 2 other 85's), 3 dresses, LOTS of tux sets, 2 white ears hats, 2 spring flowers... I had to buy the mount.

I am glad they had the option to buy it instead of relying on RNG :)

♥ Annabee
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I got that mount on all three of my warrior toons. My two Horde warriors gathered all the eggs they needed from Falconwing Square in two hours. And then my Alliance warrior, right when he hit eggs 478, he found the stupid mount in an egg >:( Took him about an hour and a half to get that many eggs, which he farmed at Azure Watch.

I dunno, to me it doesn't seem like too much of a challenge to get all the eggs needed. Though maybe that's just my insanity talking from thinking it was a fantastic idea to end up farming 1400+ eggs. :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Unless you're on a high pop server, i don't see the problem with this ._.

I farmed all 500 eggs on the first day of noblegarden and bought the mount (it didn't drop). Still had plenty of time to finish the rest of the noblegarden achievements within the week.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
On my 500th egg I got the mount XD

Not that I'm complaining, I used the 500 chocolates to buy the pet to sell :P
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
04/13/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Velikiy
Not one of my toons got it in an egg for 3 years; I went to 500 with one this year to get it and was disappointed to see it's grey- the icon is pink/purple.
Well... considering the mount was introduced this year...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/13/2012 10:39 AMPosted by Annabee
I am glad they had the option to buy it instead of relying on RNG :)

Sing it, sister.

As you can see from my Achievements page, I got the Hallowed title in 2008. 2012 will mark the fifth year that I will be trying for the Horseman's mount. There is no fun -- at all -- in RNG.

2012 will also mark the third year I will be trying for the Frigid Frostling pet. All of my alts got it, of course, just not my main and pet collector.

I had to farm all 500 eggs on this guy, and it really wasn't that bad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
It's not too bad really, first day I got all 500 eggs in 3hrs in Falconwing square, Brill is still empty. As for alliance well some of the same people I saw on day one were still hunting eggs on day 5 in Gold shire, have no idea what the other towns are like but I suspect the same for them. It's not excessive, but may seem so for servers with high populations or extremely disbalanced populations like mine.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
Oops, didn't realize the mount was new; is the pink Valentine's one new too?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
04/08/2012 12:25 AMPosted by Dakall
There is no way I can collect 500 eggs. I expected a way higher drop rate

I did it on main, and had to collect all 500. No luck on mount drop.
Reply Quote
32 Dwarf Paladin
I got mine yesterday (on another character) in a few hours. I had to gather almost 500 eggs before it dropped, so if it hadn't, I still would've gotten it. (I got four Spring Rabbit's Feet during that same time!)

With the event as long as it is, you have plenty of time to gather that many eggs. And the longer the holiday goes, the less competition you have.

If you just enjoy being a widdle pink bunny-rabbit for a few hours, it's even kind of fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think for next year's Noblegarden, since MoP will likely be out by then, they should add a giant Verming boss for us to fight.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/13/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Velikiy
Oops, didn't realize the mount was new; is the pink Valentine's one new too?

Yup :) All the tallstriders were introduced this time around :) (DMF, Love is in the Air, Noblegarden).

I ♥ them.

04/13/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Irnbrü
If you just enjoy being a widdle pink bunny-rabbit for a few hours, it's even kind of fun.

I was always in flight form so never got turned into one D: I must do that before it's over.

♥ Annabee
Edited by Annabee on 4/13/2012 10:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I farmed the 500 over 3 days. I think all together I spent maybe 2-3 hours on it. Most of it was farmed last night at Azure Watch. There wasn't much competition so while it sounded like a lot at first, it turned out to be pretty doable.

As a side note, a guildie was also farming it...he got the mount in his 499th Egg. >.<
Reply Quote
27 Gnome Rogue
I got the mount on priest in about 138 eggs. She does not have the title. I had to collect over 600 eggs to get the Tuxedo Shirt for her. *shakes little fist at RNG*
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
It has a chance to drop from the eggs themselves, it's pretty likely you'll find one before you have the 500 eggs to buy one.

And if you don't it's a week long holiday, plenty of time.
Was farming my eggs and someone in Goldshire got the mount on the 498th egg. We lol'd, until he had two a few moments later.
It is supposed to be a grind.

Big Boss: how do we get people to play during the Easter season?
Dev's: make a Mount for the season which costs an insane amount of time and effort to acquire!
Big Boss: give that man a raise!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]