90 Human Paladin
Okay getting annoid here...
My armor is at 41836
Dodge→ 16.37%
Parry→ 17.33%
Block→ 64.58%
Mastery→ 26.48
And I can't take a hit for !@#$.
any suggestions? should I reforge to dodge or gem for stamina?
any help with this would be MUCHLY appreciated!!
See all these druids and DK's either absorbing the hit or dodging it...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
can you be more specific? i don't see much of a problem with the gear you have atm.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
04/04/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Dvno
can you be more specific? i don't see much of a problem with the gear you have atm.

^ this, please elaborate.

You're over 102.4 CTC, but I see no major issues.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Can i ask how you are handling cds?

Do you ever turn your back to the boss?

Is it a certain ability? Focused assault/Psychic drain?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Pop a cooldown for impale.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Stamina is ALWAYS the answer. Ask Bladeheart (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/garrosh/Bladeheart/simple) :>
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
^ I like that answer
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey Gibs:

I see no issues with your gear so I'm gonna take another direction.

Judging from your DS raid progression on this toon (and please don't take it as armory trolling I"m just trying to provide an answer that may help) I would suspect you are working on warmaster blackhorn and madness. I"ll start with warmaster.

For Blackhorn:

Phase 1 is not really dangerous to you at all, the adds don't hit for much and the rest of the damage is all aoe stuff everyone takes, use small cd's as you see fit (mainly just keep holy shield up).

Phase 2 is where you earn your money. Blackhorn has vengeance but his is a little different than yours. His makes him stronger as he loses health. He also puts sunder armor on tanks meaning you need to be taunting every 2 stacks and make sure to let your debuff fall off before taunting back. Once he is sub-40% he is gonna start hitting very hard, try to chain a small cooldown (holy shield, divine protection) and a large cooldown (Ardent Defender, Guardian of Ancient Kings) everytime you tank him in this range. Healers need to be spamming whoever is tanking him like mad because he hits like a semi driven by the incredible hulk.

For Madness:

Whether you use a one-tank strategy or two-tank strategy the principles of the 4 platforms is the same. Assuming you are using a standard green-yellow-red-blue kill as well. Each platform will find you taking one impale on each mutated corruption. The best cooldowns to use per platform are.

Green: Dream
Yellow: Ardent Defender/GOAK
Red: Whichever you didn't use on yellow
Blue: Whichever you used on Yellow.

When phase 2 begins remember to hit dream if you are attacked with shrapnel. If you aren't hit with hit use it after you pick up the elementium terrors. Make sure to tank them in the timezone to limit tetanus stacks and bubble them off if they get too high. Chain all your cd's while picking up the adds.

Hope this helps
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Your health pool is to low. It can be a lot higher than it is if you change some enchants gems and reforges.

Run your toon through the Mr Robot optimizer and look at what it suggests. You can potentially increase your health pool by about 15k with all the same gear and still be at the ctc cap by using the correct enchants, gems and reforges.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Okay getting annoid here...
My armor is at 41836
Dodge→ 16.37%
Parry→ 17.33%
Block→ 64.58%
Mastery→ 26.48
And I can't take a hit for !@#$.
any suggestions? should I reforge to dodge or gem for stamina?
any help with this would be MUCHLY appreciated!!
See all these druids and DK's either absorbing the hit or dodging it...

Your health is kind of low, my pally in T11 has more or less about that much. You can very easily get it higher.

First, and this is mostly a personal thing, I have never been a fan of straight stat gems (Stam or Mastery), I much rather use Mastery / Stam gems for Blue and Yellow sockets.

Replacing all of your 40 Mastery gems with Mastery / Stam gems will get you a good bit more health, and you will just barely fall bellow a passive CTC cap but that isn't a big deal because of raid buffs.

Secondly enchant your cloak with armor, replace your chest enchant with Health, and change your boot enchant to straight Mastery because the enchant doesn't stack with PoJ (which you have).

Finally replace your terrible Resolve. Pick up, just about ANY stam trinket and use that instead.

Chardev for you:
http://chardev.org/?profile=381041

You gain 20k health but lose 1.5% CTC but you gain that with raid buffs anyway.

Past that you just need to work on your CD usage. In case you don't know, don't pop, say AD and DP at the same time. You will get more damage reduction by casting one right after the other one falls off. Try to maximize Holy Shield's potential. Make sure to use WoGs.
Edited by Xerties on 4/5/2012 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
out paladin tank in Dragon soul has same issues on Yor'sahj... then again that fights a !@#$% for anything (heroic Yor'sahj btw) he just gets creamed untill I geared thsi toon for healing i've been having to switch to bear on my druid to taunt on Purple just so he doesn't die :(
Reply Quote
88 Human Paladin
Your health is way too low and you are extremely over CTC cap. You only need to reach 102.4. I see you are at 103.58 and that is without resolve of the undying stacking! After that stacks you will be sitting at about 108. You need to either replace resolve with a stamina trinket or start gemming for more stamina.

To calculate CTC:

5 (default miss chance) + dodge% + parry%+ block%

So in your case. 5 + 16.37 + 17.33 + 64.58 = 103.28

Resolve gives you another 4% to dodge or so. So that takes you up to about 107.28.

So when 102.4 is reached that means every melee attack you take, will be either dodged, parried or blocked. Anything above 102.4 can be considered a waste.
Edited by Zarix on 4/5/2012 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Resolve is pretty much useless to you, sub it for Stam trinket since you are already CTC capped.
While having CTC cap is good, having sufficient health pool is also vital.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Manalive...

I appreciate the feed back and I have been using Askmrrobot.com
But I have been using it incorrectly..
I appreciate the time you guys took to respond to my plea :)
Muchly appreciated!!!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I'll go even further and say that your Parry is too high as well. Diminishing returns really starts eating your face that high (yes, I'm close to that as well - but I'm forging out as much as I can with my gear.) Yes, my Mastery is also high when I have Fire of the Deep equipped (currently Creche since I ran some dungeons) - I'm swapping to Mirror of Broken Images for (H) Yor'saj.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/05/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Mootastic
I'll go even further and say that your Parry is too high as well. Diminishing returns really starts eating your face that high

If he were to get both stats perfectly even he would gain 0.9% avoidance. Balancing dodge/parry is very minor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]