Destruction warlocks!11

Can we please have some burst please? pretty please!!

Would love for chaos bolt to do more damage than incinerate with it being a end tier talent thats on a 12 second cd!

And hows about making soul fire hit hard, against resed out players this only hits for a 9-10k as apposed to a mages pyroblast that crits for over 30k on resed out players and does a further 40% of its damage as burn damage.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
resed out players.

resed out .

resed .

Really?
Reply Quote
04/04/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Serrana
resed out players.

resed out .

resed .

Really?

Thanks for the bump?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
You're also comparing a hit to a crit
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
04/05/2012 12:14 AMPosted by Sgtsnipe
stop crying and go affliction like every other class who gets tunneled into a spec does

Or we can ask for buffs where they are needed instead of playing specs we dont like?

Why even play if you are forced into a spec you dont like? WoW is not a job its supposed to be fun and blizzard sometimes listens to our feedback.

And in regards to destro its penalized with a dispellable immolate in order to keep its non existent burst in check, giving it burst or dispel protection is something it should have gained long ago.

like i said its a game its supposed to be fun why even play if you are getting forced into a spec you dont like?, if WoW is like work for you then you are doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It's better to design to let specs rot for entire expansions, apparently.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Warlocks are one of the few classes that actually utilizes every spec in Dragon Soul.

PvP? Meh. I'd like it to be better but with zero dispel protection it won't happen.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/05/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Stigalock
PvP? Meh. I'd like it to be better but with zero dispel protection it won't happen.

Wait...wait...so you're saying the absolutely unbelievably amazing new dispel system they shoved down our throats that would make dispels a "choice" didn't work!? Blasphemy! Cata was the golden child! It was promised to fix everything!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
04/05/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Liodren

Wait...wait...so you're saying the absolutely unbelievably amazing new dispel system they shoved down our throats that would make dispels a "choice" didn't work!? Blasphemy! Cata was the golden child! It was promised to fix everything!

Then surely, if smart dispels won't fix it....Perhaps Resilience will!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Of course it will. Even with over 4k resilience I go a whole 3-5 seconds against the "burst" classes before my health goes below 40k. Was doing some double dps 2v2 yesterday (yea 2s don't matter blah blah) against a rogue/hunter. My partner made a mistake and got out of position and couldn't get off any CC on either one of them, and my HP went down so fast while I was stunned that all I could do was bubble and pray. Now don't get me wrong, I can do exactly the same thing to people when I actually get to use my cooldowns without having them removed, but that doesn't make the amount of burst that exists currently ok by any means. Heals are too strong and burst is too strong and things have scaled too good yet again. Blizzard does not learn.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I don't pvp because I'm bad at it and I just nerd rage when I go 4+ games in a row against a Rogue. They don't even have to TRY against Warlocks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/05/2012 08:42 AMPosted by Stigalock
I don't pvp because I'm bad at it and I just nerd rage when I go 4+ games in a row against a Rogue. They don't even have to TRY against Warlocks.

Rogues don't really have to try against much of anything right now.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
04/05/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Liodren

Rogues don't really have to try against much of anything right now.

Probably explains why there's no shortage of them.

Ret/Rogue makes me cry hard unless Felpup eats Avenging Wrath by luck. I still get smoked but at least I get a laugh.

Rogue/Mage I just leave.

Rogue/Rogue kills me before I can leave.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Destruction PvP has been crap all of Cataclysm and it's not changing until MoP. That's why I barely play this character, despite the fact that it's my main.

If Cataclysm has shown me anything it's that if I don't like the way Destruction looks when MoP ships, I shouldn't bother buying it, since it probably won't change for over a year.
Reply Quote
Destruction's burst...? That's how I remember it...

http://i.imgur.com/DXktg.jpg
Edited by Eladen on 4/5/2012 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Destruction PvP has been crap all of Cataclysm and it's not changing until MoP. That's why I barely play this character, despite the fact that it's my main.

If Cataclysm has shown me anything it's that if I don't like the way Destruction looks when MoP ships, I shouldn't bother buying it, since it probably won't change for over a year.

The Ember mechanic leaves Destro pretty much dead in the water, unless they plan on doing something about the ridiculous amount of interrupts/silences.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock

The Ember mechanic leaves Destro pretty much dead in the water, unless they plan on doing something about the ridiculous amount of interrupts/silences.

You realize, you don't actually have to cast the 4-sec soul fire during your regen phase, right? You can instead just wait for your mana to recover. Low DPS, clearly, but it's a good time to run away, get cover, whatever. Burn an ember on health regen, wait 5 seconds for your mana pool to completely refresh, and start over.
Reply Quote
62 Blood Elf Paladin
Destruction's burst...? That's how I remember it...

http://i.imgur.com/DXktg.jpg

All these years and they still haven't fixed it so the Lock has to put up Immolate before he can Conflagrate! Tsk tsk.

Compared to how long it takes any Warlock spec, even destro, to hardcast someone down now.....it just makes the baby Jesus cry.
Edited by Langosta on 4/5/2012 12:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]