Thursday (4/5)

IG: Rolled a warrior goblin with engineering... I am disappoint. So many shared cooldowns. I thought I was gonna be teh hax... but instead I am teh fail. So... business as usual. Back to losing to K'T premades! :D

RL: I don't care to know the hour, 'cause it's passing anyway. I don't have to see tomorrow, 'cause I saw it yesterday.

@Blue - First, /huug. Second... I don't know what the HP should be, but if you're leveling any tank besides a druid have the Catacylsm L80 plate set (http://bit.ly/HrrqCk) made. It pretty much instantly boosts any plate wearing tank to dungeon ready. You're MH will be a little bit of a toughie if you're only doing dungeons but eventually one will drop. I was actually using a dumb +AGI MH just because the +STAM on it was so much better for awhile. As for druids, you're stuck questing until you replace all your gear before you're ready to tank :(
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
04/05/2012 08:50 AMPosted by Bite
@Blue - First, /huug.

/HUUG

You're making it hard to sneaky ninja priest huug you!

I got three pieces of that set made and on him before I transferred. Now he's kinda on his own. He does have gold, but I hadn't yet looked to see if Ner'zhul's AH prices are loopy or sane. He's a paladin. I know I can get a good bit questing in Hyjal, but I also remember it taking two levels worth of questing to get there. (He's around 37K right now, so definitely some work needed ... though I just remembered that he has no enchants at all being a boosted 80. Hmmmm. Oof, needs glyphs too. Either the AH will be my friend or ...

In the meantime, he's working on his mining and JC. Eventually he'll be swapped to a BS, but I need to mine enough to level one now and the other later. Mine, Sablehorns, Mine!

I was so confused this morning. Every week I buy a carton of juice - orange pineapple or orange pineapple banana - for the week. A full mug each day uses it up in 5 days. Today I emptied it into my mug. Empty? Today is Friday?! ...... no. There aren't enough people in this office for someone to be swiping my juice. WTH?!

Hot chocolate tomorrow. I did some Google offers thing where I paid $5 and got a $10 Starbucks e-card, which I transferred onto my normal card. So basically doubled my money. I can deal with that. If only all buying ended with similar results. =P

Got my official letter from the student loan place - finalizing that the loan is paid and the garnishment gone. WOOHOO! Now to get those federal taxes refiled. Money money money MONEY! Which will go to paying off my brother from borrowing for rent some 3-4 years ago because the feds wanted my money back then.

Speaking of money, had a little "scare" last night. Landlady knocked on my door because she had lost the cashier's check for rent that I gave her. On the plus side, I keep the copies, so as long as it wasn't cashed, I could probably block and reissue. Also on the plus side, she very clearly had thanked me days earlier for giving it to her, so there was no case to say that I needed to somehow come up with more. (And one wonders why I'm willing to spend the money on a cashier's check rather than hand over cash ... ) Ultimately she found it. She'd stuck it back in the envelope I gave it to her in rather than into her purse. >_<

Good morning Sentinels!
Reply Quote
I always pay my Rent with Cashiers checks. that way it can't comback an bite me in the tocus down the road.

Not much happening between work an school, but I have been sneaking on now an then, fortunately i am not as well know as the previous 2 posters, so i can sneak around. As far as the tanking thing goes, if I remember right. I just bought a bunch of level 79-80 cata greens from the AH, so i was able to bump in at 80, but did take me till like 83 i think to replace my sword. I got into Stonecore, before I replaced it.
As far as the 2 blizz betas I have, D3 I R dissapointed. seems alot like D2 farm farm farm. do like the Blacksmith thing, i dunno about the jeweler. an MoP, i am just waiting for them to make low level monk healing more viable imo. I am 17 an have one heal an no rez :-(

Oh yea, and it's my friday yay!!!!!

*leaves Blues empty orange pineapple carton behind*
Edited by Marques on 4/5/2012 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/05/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Eilethalua
37K right now, so definitely some work needed

Don't quote me on this but I *think* I *thiiiink* my warrior and pally were around 60k or so in the newbie set. I know on my healer I would regularly complete the starter Cata dungeons with tanks that were in the 50-54k range but it was definitely a challenge.
Got my official letter from the student loan place - finalizing that the loan is paid and the garnishment gone.
Sweet baby raptor jesus... how the hell did you manage that? I mean seriously... good lawd... I genuinely plan on dying before my loans are paid off. I can't even imagine life without. If I somehow paid it off I wouldn't even know what to do... I would just scrawl "Brooks Was Here" on the wall and then crawl under a pile of ramen boxes and die. Just die... That would be it.

she very clearly had thanked me days earlier

cashier's check

She'd stuck it back in the envelope I gave it to her in rather than into her purse.
I'm so glad that story wasn't written by M. Night Shyamalan.. I barely made it through. This whole story is terrifying...What's up with you dudes and cashiers checks? Why not a freebie money order from Amscot? Or are those things like, not trackable... I dunno I'm not allowed to have dollars on my person :(
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
04/05/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Bite
Sweet baby raptor jesus... how the hell did you manage that?

I didn't?

As in I twisted and turned and avoided that loan for some 18 years before they garnished my wages and gobbled up my tax refunds (one state, one fed). Luckily, being an 18 year-old student loan, and one for a craptastic business college of the era (so not some 4-year thing), it never got up to $10,000. I think it was almost $8,000 when they slapped some BS $3k collection fees on it and did the garnishment. Like it costs them $3k to do anything once they're garnishing my wages.

At 15% of my paychecks every week for almost two years and one fed tax return, it sucked royally. It was part of my sinking so badly around the time I moved - but finally ended a month or so after that. (The company was well behind in paying it, so there was this much delay from my last garnished check to it being paid and the notice given that it's done.)

04/05/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Bite
What's up with you dudes and cashiers checks?

Dunno anything about a free money order. All I know is I'm at my bank anyway and if anything (like this) goes wrong I go right back to my bank and stop it like a check. I have no idea of the process to stop a money order or what requirements are in place to verify the person cashing it is the named individual.

04/05/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Marques
*leaves Blues empty orange pineapple carton behind*

AHA!

Why didn't I think of the rogue option? Clearly I do not have Holmes' amazing capacity to think of all possible options.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm in the beta.

Nuff said.
Reply Quote
I'm in the beta.

Nuff said.

Same here.Nuff said
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]