BETA Moonkin world pvp/duels

1 Dwarf Priest
I dont know why I ended up on a pvp server but so far

vs.

1. DK - They will 2 shot you and you wont even get them down under 90% - And dear lord they heal like crazy.

2. Warlocks - Same thing you wont even have a chance to do anything

3. Mages are ok - but they will always win because they never run oom and their sheild obsorb 50k dmg and its on 20sec cd.. so you need to be firing crits non stop if they let you cast... and they can also heal for 30% of their health even in Ice block on 3min cd.

4. Hunters - Only encountered 1 hunter and they got the jump on me and used their 5 pets against me and was down in 5 sec.

5. Warriors - So far the only class I can get to 30% and although they stun lock you we have great options vs them such as Wild charge (leap back) , the 5sec stun (which occasionally is dodged)

6. Ret paladins - havent seen much of them but they heal for alot now and do alot of dmg burst.

7. Shadow priests - they are kinda bugged and run oom pretty fast, so Im not sure what to say about them.---

Right now everyone on Beta is 85-86(max lvl) and I know its will probably change but dear lord we are getting rolled over faster then 85... This is not in BG's this is just outside world pvp and duels.. since BG's dont work and leveling is capped to 86. We have no burst, and we die the fastest atm. Mages and Warlocks on the other hand that I tried have become very good classes they really live very long with the new sheild talent. And if you are Melee Dk's are looking pretty godly atm but I'm thinking they will get nerfed.
Edited by Frjohn on 4/5/2012 6:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
go post on the beta forums about beta stuff.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Balancing hasn't even started on beta. At all.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
But I'm not at all surprised the DK roflstomped you. I'll pray for boomkins during the balancing stages of beta.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Watching some of the videos and all the fantastic abilites/talents some classes got, it left me wondering what they're going to do with Balance druids.

So far we have a very boring rotation, a missing dot, nerfed AoE, our nukes don't hit as hard as other classes and a lot of useless talents.

I know it's still early beta so I shouldn't be worried, but damn it's hard no to be.

I really wish we got some more tools to work with. We've all fought Tyrande in the HoT heroics, no? Some of the spells she uses are awesome. Like the beam on the ground that splits into three when you fight her, or the channeled spell she uses against the demons in Well of Eternity. Awesome stuff I would kill to have on my Druid.

I dunno... Guess I just have envy for some of the other classes new tricks ;_;
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
moonkin pvp problems

- we are the only caster whitout a absorve damage defense, we mitigate damage very bad
- hard casts are a trouble without a good snare (faerie swarm have DR LOL)
- or silence option are in long cd (geting solar eclipse need reset solar beam)
- we not have a immunity cd to stop people zerging us
- the new mf/sf works good in pve but fail in pvp
- simbiosys fail hard dont give any defensive cd to moonkins.

oh god another exp being facerolled in arenas.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
ursol's vortex looks like it will be fun.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
of course warlocks destroy you, especially if they're demo. They're soloing raid bosses.

Early beta is early beta.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
04/05/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Lissanna

didn't expect comments like this from a mvp...

kinda rude
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
04/06/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Predaspyia

kinda rude
It's a beta issue, it belongs on the beta forums. It won't get the attention from the people who can do anything about it here.

It doesn't give information about the beta to us, other than the classes haven't been balanced.

Lis was pointing the correct forum to post this on.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid

kinda rude
It's a beta issue, it belongs on the beta forums. It won't get the attention from the people who can do anything about it here.

It doesn't give information about the beta to us, other than the classes haven't been balanced.

Lis was pointing the correct forum to post this on.

Then isn't it awefully hypocritical of her to post this?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4217203382?page=1

It just kinda ticks me off cuz I made a very similar thread about beta feral pvp. I normally ignore trolls on the forums, but coming from an mvp it just really surprised me.

A thread on how moonkin pvp is on the beta is certainly a reasonable post to be placed in the druid forums. I enjoyed reading others post about feral pvp on the beta by visiting the druid forums.
Edited by Predaspyia on 4/6/2012 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
So with the changes to HotW in the new build it looks like the devs are keeping that horrid spell...

Honestly really unhappy about that.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Without more specifics, the original post is very unproductive and sounds like QQ.

Most who read this want to know what abilities hit super hard? What was the fight like? Was there some crazy tactic that just floored you? Have you figured any out? What have you been trying?

Less negativity, more information please.
Edited by Innovate on 4/6/2012 4:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I am sorry but it seems to me that this is a talent point or learn to play issue. I haven't lost a duel yet on the beta I think we are in a pretty good place. It's difficult to get casts off sometimes but we have a lot of control now and healing in form is pretty legit. I am curious what build u are using. I think 2 of our big new spells ns and ursols vortex really help. I am surprised at the negativity I am interested to see what we will be like at 90.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I have found that without super aggressive self healing there is little that can be done...and while the NS+heal crits for 100k are nice, my live crit is 20% and its 13% on beta, so you can't exactly count on it saving your life.

I am disgusted with heart of the wild, it does not work in a tree that already has significant healing talents (I am not 90, just observation). There needs to be damage/control options for 90, not a bunch of weak healing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I did some duels and now I can beat more class than in cataclysm (waiting for lvl 90 to know the real situation of Moonkin PvP)
My dueling video.
-
http://moonkinrealm.blogspot.com.br/2012/04/mists-of-pandaria-beta-moonkin-duels.html
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/05/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Lissanna

And the CEO of Blizzard has authorized you to give orders to people online about what to post where? You get paid from Blizzard or something? I mean really...stay out of peoples posts unless you have something truly positive to say.
You COULD have even said "A better spot to post these outdoor world pvp observations is in the Beta forums....but so far yes, I agree, Moonkin spec will need some fine tuning and balancing to become viable in pvp situations. I'm sure Blizzard will see to it at some point."
Now would that have been so hard?

Sheesh
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Hi guys.

A) The blizzard staff doesn't read the class forums here, pretty much ever. This forum exists for us to talk to each other but not to talk directly to the Community managers and developers. They stopped spending much time in the class forums once the role forums opened up years ago. So, when someone posts about really serious info here, I tend to re-direct them. I've always done that.

B) The ability to PvP in MoP is a serious issue that should be brought to the developer's attention.

C) Posting in the beta forums is the only way to bring a serious issue about beta to the developers' attention if you want fixes. If no one ever posts about moonkin PvP in the beta forums, then moonkin PvP never gets fixed and will still be broken when the expansion goes live.

thus D) If you are in beta, then you should post serious beta issues in the beta forums, so that the CMs and devs can actually see what you are posting. That's not rude, that's telling you what you need to do to have your voice actually be heard. I can just let you guys post here and have nothing ever happen, but I was being nice and re-directing to a place where your voice can actually be heard.

When the beta forums first opened up, no one was really posting good feedback in them. It took a while to coax people into giving feedback, so I was redirecting a lot of people from a lot of sources to get the conversations going on in the brand new beta forums that no one knew about. Even then, there pretty much isn't any moonkin PvP discussion happening on the beta class forum right now. We need more beta druid discussion happening on the beta forums with druids who are testing in beta.

Time i have to sit here explaining myself to you guys is time that I'm not working on finishing the dissertation that needs to be in the hands of my committee in like a month and a half at this point. I don't get paid by Blizzard, so sometimes I have a busy life and don't feel the need to say five thousand words when five will suffice.

Note also: The post someone linked from one of my March posts was probably when I posted about things that MMO-champion found at the press event before the beta forums opened (our earliest posts on the beta forums are from March 21st and I posted on the druid forum here on March 19th). It also wasn't a feedback thread, but was information for the community.
Edited by Lissanna on 4/28/2012 5:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
77 Human Warrior
Have you tried dueling Ferals or Rogues yet?
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
the Op is wrong i beat all those classes on beta as moonkin its a l2 adapt issue hes having.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]