New-er Mist Abilities

90 Worgen Rogue
Since I like being special when I can, posting new things from MMO-Champ;
Rogue
Baseline
Crimson Tempest Finishing move consumes combo points on any nearby target to slash at the flesh of all enemies within 8 yards, dealing Physical damage and causing victims to bleed and suffer an additional 30% of the initial damage over 12 sec: 1 point : [445 + 2.5 + 2.8% of AP + 148 + 2.5 + 1.4% of AP] damage 2 points: [445 + 5 + 5.6% of AP + 148 + 5 + 4.2% of AP] damage 3 points: [445 + 7.5 + 16.5% of AP + 148 + 7.5 + 7% of AP] damage 4 points: [445 + 10 + 22% of AP + 148 + 10 + 22% of AP] damage 5 points: [445 + 12.5 + 27.5% of AP + 148 + 12.5 + 27.5% of AP] damage 5 yd range, 35 Energy, Instant

Fan of Knives now generates 1 combo point if it strikes your current combo target.

Shadow Blades *New* Draw upon the surrounding shadows to empower your weapons, causing your auto-attacks to deal pure Shadow damage and your combo-point-generating abilties to generate an additional combo point when used. Lasts 12 sec. 3 min cooldown, Instant

Throw *New* Hurl a dagger at an enemy target. 30 yd range, 0.5 sec cast

Glyphs

Inscription: Glyph of Backstab changed - When you Vanish, you leave behind a brief illusion that very closely resembles you.

Inscription: Glyph of Revealing Strike replaced with Glyph of Detection - Focus intently on trying to detect something.

Inscription: Glyph of Mutilate replaced - When you Pick Pocket a humanoid enemy, you also copy their appearance until cancelled.

Biggest note, AoE looks like it'll be a lot better. Fan spam into an AoE finisher. Should be somewhat more "fun," with an extra button to push. Not to forget it also had a DoT bleed with it as well, adding extra uses.

I can see the tears about Shadow Blade already. Funny they hand us another cool down.

Also, I think the glyphs are slightly broken, label wise. Just a little confusing.

Edit: One other thing, data mining is data mining, so who knows what stays what. I can see the AoE finisher sticking though.
Edited by Jadefang on 4/6/2012 2:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
THIS. IS.. AWESOME.

PURE SHADOW DAMAGE COOLDOWN?
COPYING THE APPEARANCE OF ANY HUMANOID NPC?
AOE FINISHING MOVE?

SWIRLY !@#$ING BALL IS BACK? I LOVE YOU BLIZZARD.
Reply Quote
love the shadow damage stuff, hope Blizz keeps down this path, shadow damage + rogues = awesome. Also the AoE finisher is something I've wanted for awhile and I love it.

But dat glyph! Are you saying rogues can now walk around looking like any humanoid for as long as they want?!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
asn aoe damage would be totally insane if the bleed from crimson tempest triggers venomous wound. make it happen
Reply Quote
Hello there, Im a Mmmmmmurloccc and im gonna killl youuu.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm glad they're replacing glyphs, instead of simply deleting old ones and adding new ones for us to learn. It at least leads me to believe that learning every single glyph in the game on my shaman won't go completely to waste. :)

Crimson Tempest will be interesting, but I'm really thrilled about Shadow Blades; I completely support anything that makes rogues sound like extremely sneaky casters. I want to play an assassin-mage, !@#$%^-it!
Reply Quote
2 Human Rogue
I was pretty damn stoked when I saw these changes.
Definitely a shift in the direction they were going.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Not to be a cranky old man about this, but... Have any of these abilities actually been seen in the beta? I have such a distrust of datamining that I refuse to take changes seriously until they're official or have actually been spotted in-game.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Those minor glyphs were all ones we suggested in another thread.

As was the shadow damage CD. Although I don't think it was suggested to only work for auto attacks nor double combo points. I like that better. Definitely happy we are getting some actual dev attention.

04/06/2012 06:01 AMPosted by Rfeann
Not to be a cranky old man about this, but... Have any of these abilities actually been seen in the beta? I have such a distrust of datamining that I refuse to take changes seriously until they're official or have actually been spotted in-game.

They are expected to be in beta by the end of the week. Honestly, I think you can rest assured these changes will at least make beta. We hadn't really had any work done on us what so ever prior to now, not even cool glyphs. Considering how lackluster we where on beta and how unhappy everyone was with the class something had to be added and this appears to hit the spot in a huge way.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
04/06/2012 02:49 AMPosted by Exse
COPYING THE APPEARANCE OF ANY HUMANOID NPC

I can't wait. Finally rogue has something unique. Really unique.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
RPG
04/06/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Iruyas
COPYING THE APPEARANCE OF ANY HUMANOID NPC

I can't wait. Finally rogue has something unique. Really unique.

druids are going to want it now
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
so what are you guys going to be pickpocketing?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
04/06/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Redfang
so what are you guys going to be pickpocketing?

YOU. lol
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
04/06/2012 02:30 AMPosted by Jadefang
When you Vanish, you leave behind a brief illusion that very closely resembles you.

D: I suggested almost this exact thing in that minor glyph thread. ( I really wouldn't be surprised if it was suggested by someone else before but still)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Pretty cool! An AOE finisher is something that has been brought up a number of times, so that's a welcome addition. Shadow Blades is also pretty interesting, as is the Fok change. I'll now stop complaining about lack of PvE abilities.

And, I'm glad we got throw back. lol
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
rogue aoe power, finally.

And the glyphs look pretty dam fun too
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
These do look really awesome.
I really hope they aren't replacing Shroud of Concealment with that Shadow Blades CD. It does look like something they'd put as our 87 ability!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]