WOW annual pass/PrePaid Visa

(Locked)

Hi, i know this may seem like a silly question but i'm considering signing up for the WOW anual pass - diablo 3 deal and i was wondering whether this was possible to do with a PrePaid Visa debit card?

and

I noticed that the screen on which you sign up for the 'annual pass' is the same as the screen on which you 'add game time' is the same, is this the case and if so, does this mean that if i just purchase '1month recurring' i still receive diablo 3??

i apologise for any inconvenience or frustration, none of the other threads quite answered my questions.
89 Blood Elf Death Knight
As far as i am aware of yes prepaid visa will work for the AP. Don't ever hesitate to ask here lol there are no silly questions we're always happy to help.

04/07/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Dazarek
does this mean that if i just purchase '1month recurring' i still receive diablo 3??

Yep, With the AP you get a free mount in game, Diablo 3 and a reserved spot to beta test MoP. Just so you know no one here not even the blues know what beta wave you will get invited too lol i just wanted to get that out of the way.
Thanks for the quick reply :-], it did help, however if i purchase the 1 month 'recurring' game time will i receive diablo 3 and all the other extras?
85 Human Warrior
Yes you will. I have Diablo 3 active on my account, I have the in-game mount and I have the Annual Pass with my subscription on 1-month recurring attached to a pre-paid visa gift card which will never be charged (Mostly cause it has no money on it)

All the annual pass is is an agreement to have your subscription (1,3 or 6-month recurring) active on your account for a full 365 days. Nothing more nothing less.
86 Goblin Warlock
04/07/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Dazarek
I noticed that the screen on which you sign up for the 'annual pass' is the same as the screen on which you 'add game time' is the same, is this the case and if so, does this mean that if i just purchase '1month recurring' i still receive diablo 3??

You have to purchase 30 days of Game Time 12 times, that is the requirement of the annual pass, a pre-paid credit card is unlikely the way to do this.

I suggest buying Game Time Cards instead and using the pre-paid card as the required credit card to sign up for the annual pass.

You don't have to purchase the 12 months at one time, but you WILL NOT be able to cancel your subscription, so keep that in mind.

If you do not pay for the 12 months, the rewards WILL BE taken away, and in 37 days everyone will have their rewards.
Yes you will. I have Diablo 3 active on my account, I have the in-game mount and I have the Annual Pass with my subscription on 1-month recurring attached to a pre-paid visa gift card which will never be charged (Mostly cause it has no money on it)

All the annual pass is is an agreement to have your subscription (1,3 or 6-month recurring) active on your account for a full 365 days. Nothing more nothing less.

How did you use the prepaid visa card with your account, did you have to use a proxy, such as paypal? or do you just enter the cards details where it asks for the expiry date etc..
85 Human Warrior
Hathios it's actually alright to do both.

I have the subscription attached to a pre-paid visa gift card but I pay by buying time from the Blizzard store every month instead of having the card charged.

Either way you decide to do it you MUST have some type of credit card attached to the subscription on your account (even if it's never charged) for the full 12 months.

Every time you add time with game time cards, referral rewards, free time from the game time fairy or whatever it bumps back the date that the card will be charged. As long as you keep putting time on before the due date of your next subscription payment it will never be charged.
85 Human Warrior

How did you use the prepaid visa card with your account, did you have to use a proxy, such as paypal? or do you just enter the cards details where it asks for the expiry date etc..

Soma's guide to using pre-paid gift cards with WoW :

1) Sometimes they just fail and there is nothing you can do about it.
2) REGISTER IT ON THE WEBSITE FOR THE CARD
3) Use it just like you would any other credit card.
4) REGISTER IT ON THE WEBSITE FOR THE CARD
5) if it fails call billing and they sometimes can help with issues (For instance for some reason my billing profile once thought I had a blank extension number on my phone that was causing issues)
6) REGISTER IT ON THE WEBSITE FOR THE CARD
7) The CVV code is the three number that are italicized on the back of the card
8) REGISTER IT ON THE WEBSITE FOR THE CARD
9) Visa cards start with a 4, Mastercard cards start with a 5, American Express cards start with a 3. If it starts with any other number then it's not a credit card
10) REGISTER IT ON THE WEBSITE FOR THE CARD

I can't stress enough to register your address with the website for the card. I have never, and will never, had a credit card in my life yet I've been playing WoW for 6 years using pre-paid gift cards to buy everything from game time to my keyfob authenticator to faction, race, server transfers without many issues.

I will stress again sometimes the card will just fail and there is nothing you can do about it (Had it happen twice in 6 years where Billing could not resolve the issue - please note I'm also Canadian so using a Canadian card)

One other thing make sure the card has the amount you want to spend plus $1 for the ping charge (which falls off in a couple days) or it will fail due to insufficient funds.
Ok, thank you, i might buy wotlk and cata with it first then the rest can go towards game time.. im currently studying so its inconvenient for me to have to pay for game time when i might not even play WOW for months at a time, thanks for the help Somalyyn
85 Human Warrior
No problem. Like I said it's something I know about as I've been doing it for years. I'm actually going to be buying another card on the 20th (payday) to pay for another month(s) of WoW on this account which has the annual pass so the gift card with a 0 balance is not charged for my recurring subscription :D

Oh and I also pre-ordered Cataclysm with one so it works just fine in the Blizzard store for buying games :D

Good luck in your studying btw.
10 Night Elf Rogue
hey guys i have a question im about to start my first account with wow and i have a pre paid american express card but i dont know how to buy my subscription. i already have the game bought i just need a member ship. plz help.
Support Forum Agent
06/08/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Toofast
hey guys i have a question im about to start my first account with wow and i have a pre paid american express card but i dont know how to buy my subscription. i already have the game bought i just need a member ship. plz help.

Probably best to start a fresh thread. Not only is this not this topic - this post is old.

Pre-paid cards can be an issue. They need to have a visa or master card logo on them, and be registered at the very least.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]