Need urgent help, calling CS doesn't help...

(Locked)

I'm posting this for my brother in-law..

Two nights ago he attempted to purchase a name change (WITH A BILLING PROFILE) and it gave him the error message everyone else is seeming to see, "Please call Blizzard to finish this transaction, or try another payment method." He tried another payment method, same thing. He was then charged a total of three times. The name change didn't even go through. The next day he called blizzard (shortly after noticing he was banned, with no name change) and they refunded the money, and unbanned him. Then, he tries to log into his toon... and can't. The error message "You cannot log into this character until the customization you initiated is complete"

He hasn't had access to his toon, or any other toon on the account not for about two days. He has already been given some gametime for compensation.. But this whole weekend he will be missing his/our raids. I know this is a known issue, but we're just curious on why this hasn't been fixed quicker.. Two days of full work days I feel is more than enough. Is he going to be compensated for the loot he will be missing? What about the gold he could be farming....?

Really curious on what's the ETA for this fix. He wants to play his toon.

Btw, I'm posting this because when he was banned, blizzard banned him on the forums too... And they haven't overturned the forum ban yet.
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
Unfortunately, you can't ask for help on his behalf. He will need to call Billing to make sure there were no further complications with the process.
"Passion has overthrown tyrants and freed prisoners and slaves. Passion has brought justice where there was savagery. Passion has created freedom where there was nothing but fear. Passion has helped souls rise from the ashes of their horrible lives and build something better, stronger, more beautiful." -- Harry Dresden
100 Human Mage
That's easy. He can do one of two things:

The first is he can try to pay for the name change again. If he uses the same cards, it probably won't work again and he'll have to call in to complete the transaction.

The other is he can go into his account management and cancel the pending name change. This will allow him to play immediately, albeit with his original character name.
Thats the issue, there is no pending name change at all...

And when you go to the name change page, it says.. "This toon incapable of being transfered" Unknown error.
100 Human Mage
If the pending name change doesn't appear in Account Management, I guess you're back to the phone call. Sorry. :(
This is crazy man, I can't believe Blizzard has really just gone this downhill.
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
04/07/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Moöchicken

I don't see what's so "downhill" about this. It's not your account, so there's nothing anyone at Blizzard can do to help you - you wouldn't want somebody to post, saying that they're related to you, and have your account messed with, would you?

There's a customer who needs help, and he needs to call to receive that help.
"Grethan's trouble, see. Big trouble. Mad scientist type. Likes weapons. Cyborgs. Droids. Ergonomic chairs." -- Captain Bryn
86 Goblin Warlock
Btw, I'm posting this because when he was banned, blizzard banned him on the forums too... And they haven't overturned the forum ban yet.

Why exactly was he banned? I really don't care so you certainly don't have to go into detail, just strange he was doing a name change and the payment failed and you mention he was banned in the same sentence.

And when you go to the name change page, it says.. "This toon incapable of being transfered" Unknown error.

Billing and Account Services should be able to resolve this problem for him.

If anything Blizzard's support has gotten better since they first released this game.
04/07/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Hathios

Why exactly was he banned? I really don't care so you certainly don't have to go into detail, just strange he was doing a name change and the payment failed and you mention he was banned in the same sentence.

Billing and Account Services should be able to resolve this problem for him.

If anything Blizzard's support has gotten better since they first released this game.
I have to disagree with that statement. Blizzard's support has dropped. I've been playing for awhile, and it was much better back then.
- Technical Support
90 Human Rogue
Bliz does offer quite a bit of support to be honest. They have a call in center for Tech and Billing support, a ticket system for in game support, and Forums for nearly everything else including feedback to the developers.

Bliz support is like support for anything else. There are times where issues are few, call and ticket volume is low, and issues are routine. However when wild game changes or new features appear ticket and call volumes go up! As soon as those are sorted out things will return to normal.

If you mean some of the illogical GM copy pasta responses...well people are human and make mistakes. I do not hold Bliz accountable or characterize ALL their support based off a couple of individuals who need more training.

He's called like 3 times in the past two days, and 45 minute waits to get told "there's nothing we can do" as usual gets a bit frustrating.

If that was the response he got then there REALLY may be nothing the Billing folks can do for him. Please remember they can not do anything about account actions and your friend has to use the appeal process he was provided.
Edited by Belladona on 4/7/2012 3:00 PM PDT
Support Forum Agent
Moöchicken - I apologize for what seems to be a disconnect here, but your brother-in-law absolutely has to be the one to contact us, either by phone or by Support Ticket. Not only are we not able to manage accounts at the request of a third party, but there's no way for us to get verified account information from anyone except the registered account holder. If there is something we can do to get him back into the game, we will, but he has to contact us first.
04/07/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Hermf
Moöchicken - I apologize for what seems to be a disconnect here, but your brother-in-law absolutely has to be the one to contact us, either by phone or by Support Ticket. Not only are we not able to manage accounts at the request of a third party, but there's no way for us to get verified account information from anyone except the registered account holder. If there is something we can do to get him back into the game, we will, but he has to contact us first.
He has contacted you guys.. via phone 3 times, and tickets twice. He has been refunded game time, which was very nice. But it's been two days and he still isn't able to play. So... he should just call again? Get told the same thing. Do we need to call and ask for a supervisor, whats the best course of action here?
Also, he would post this himself, but he's been blocked from the forums. He was wrongfully banned right after he did the name change. Which has in fact been reversed. The people on the phone says they can't reverse the forum ban so he has no way of posting here.
- Technical Support
90 Human Rogue
To contest a ban he needs to follow the directions given in the email about it. A phone call to Billing will not help as they do not have the power to deal with his issue. He also needs to deal with the ban first, and separately from any other issues. Do not mix problems.
100 Undead Warlock
04/07/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Moöchicken
Also, he would post this himself, but he's been blocked from the forums. He was wrongfully banned right after he did the name change. Which has in fact been reversed. The people on the phone says they can't reverse the forum ban so he has no way of posting here.

I know it seems a little much, but he should be able to create a trial account so that he can post on this forum.
04/07/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Belladona
To contest a ban he needs to follow the directions given in the email about it. A phone call to Billing will not help as they do not have the power to deal with his issue. He also needs to deal with the ban first, and separately from any other issues. Do not mix problems.
You have to read my stuff through man. The ban has been reversed...... The forum ban itself hasn't. And honestly, him being able to play his toon is 100% more important than getting a ban uplifted on the forums.

When the account was banned (for still unknown reasons) he was banned on the forums. Nothing in any email said how to be unbanned on the forums. When he called to get the name change charges reversed and get his character unlocked, he got the ban lifted. They said they weren't even sure why he got the account closure.
04/07/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Diamora

I know it seems a little much, but he should be able to create a trial account so that he can post on this forum.

We will try that now, and then post on this thread about it. One sec.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]