MoP Beta

87 Blood Elf Priest
I finally got in...!
Don't feel like playing anymore though ):
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
It'll be a lot better if the current patch is rolled back to the previous or the more glaring bugs are fixed. Currently, beta questing is unplayable.
Reply Quote
its just a beta lol

idk why ppl are quitting the game over not getting beta first time
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
04/07/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Randazzo
idk why ppl are quitting the game over not getting beta first time

Ditto.

I'm willing to bet that well over 90% of the people desperate for a beta invite would be absolutely sick of it in the first 15 minutes if they got in now.

^^^^ purple screens are annoying, i hate sight being restricted to good because of it -_-

Good isn't that bad ._.

I would say that purple screens are lower in priority than things like crashing upon using certain class abilities or any collection quest being uncompletable.
Edited by Caristinn on 4/7/2012 7:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ya my irl friend got it and i was playing it at his house.. its just a beta super glitchy laggy etc.. nto worth getting desperate over lols

man i like this dk!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
ya my irl friend got it and i was playing it at his house.. its just a beta super glitchy laggy etc.. nto worth getting desperate over lols

man i like this dk!

I hate how people that can't wait to get in beta and says "I quit" because the servers suck or too buggy.. makes me facepalm!

yeah you got in beta to enjoy content and complain on the forums that the servers fail/to buggy!
You got in there to test content to where the impossible is way to possible and report it to be fixed and find something else with patience and knowledge that you're helping the people that will enjoy the game and will look up to the beta testers that KNOW how hard it must've been to have the patience to find each bug individually to be fixed!

anyway. I know who not to thank, thanks to the forums :)
Reply Quote
45 Human Warlock
04/07/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Caristinn
It'll be a lot better if the current patch is rolled back to the previous or the more glaring bugs are fixed. Currently, beta questing is unplayable.

Beta is beta..

I have a feeling that last couple of waves were stress testing waves.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
04/07/2012 07:31 PMPosted by Sòlo
I hate how people that can't wait to get in beta and says "I quit" because the servers suck or too buggy.. makes me facepalm!

Please explain how I'm going to test anything if I can't even complete quests and the game crashes when I enter combat.

Also, I think another problem with bug reporting during this beta is that the only venue of reporting a bug is to use the forums. Due to this, the same bug will end up being reported multiple times due to A) People not using the search feature or B) The rule of gaming forums that states all search features are broken. Sometimes, a bug won't end up being reported because people figure that a thread about it has already been made.
Edited by Caristinn on 4/7/2012 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
04/07/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Caristinn

Please explain how I'm going to test anything if I can't even complete quests and the game crashes when I enter combat.

move on and do something besides that, explore! wait patiently than complaining here as I said. when you can than do quests and combat.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight

move on and do something besides that, explore! wait patiently than complaining here as I said. when you can than do quests and combat.

I believe that exploring is rather useless in any area except Jade Forest and the Pandaren area. From what I understand, the only broken textures are the cute little boxes (I LOVE THOSE THINGS SO MUCH. I want one as a non-combat pet.) in MoP zones.

There really isn't much to do aside from questing and combat. Not to mention, exploring alone is less efficient than waiting for the quests to be fixed then doing the quests to check for bugs while exploring at the same time.
Edited by Caristinn on 4/7/2012 7:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
45 Human Warlock
04/07/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Caristinn
I believe that exploring is rather useless in any area except Jade Forest and the Pandaren area. From what I understand, the only broken textures are the cute little boxes (I LOVE THOSE THINGS SO MUCH. I want one as a non-combat pet.) in MoP zones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_testing
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
04/07/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Boxerone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_testing

I'm aware that it's currently a stress test, seeing as how 250,000 APs were just invited, no new servers were built, and no new waves have came out.

But there really isn't much we can do on our end besides staying logged in.
Reply Quote
Also, I think another problem with bug reporting during this beta is that the only venue of reporting a bug is to use the forums. Due to this, the same bug will end up being reported multiple times due to A) People not using the search feature or B) The rule of gaming forums that states all search features are broken. Sometimes, a bug won't end up being reported because people figure that a thread about it has already been made.

For everyone who ever pooh-poohed anyone else on the forums, be it regular poster, MVP, or blue, for reminding them of the actual rules, or about the search function, here's why you should have been giving it some honest thought. Information actually needs to get through and the beta forums have the same issues GD does. Because no one paid attention. :P
Edited by Tianjan on 4/7/2012 7:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
04/07/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Tianjan
For everyone who ever pooh-poohed anyone else on the forums, be it regular poster, MVP, or blue, for reminding them of the actual rules, or about the search function, here's why you should have been giving it some honest thought. Information actually needs to get through and the beta forums have the same issues GD does. Because no one paid attention. :P

Beta Forums in a nutshell:

What's with these purple walls?
These quest items aren't spawning!
What's with these purple walls?
How do I fix purple walls?
These quest items aren't spawning and there are purple walls! What do you mean, I should read the part about only posting 1 bug per thread!?

Ah, well. At least I have time to set up keybinds on all of the 85s I have copied over. XD
Edited by Caristinn on 4/7/2012 7:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well this is actually a true Beta test, count yourself freaking lucky, and I mean Irish lucky to be able to see the content in the form you have it in. Everyone complaining about bugs apparently doesn't understand the difference between a "beta" and a "demo". Betas should be unplayable in the beginning and polished by the end.

D3 beta was actually a demo and there was very little testing going on up in there... it was polished like my $300 wingtips from the getgo. The only thing they worked on were certain changes to the UI and gameplay over the past 8 months, and I think that was more to make it interesting for the players.

Also remember, you get what you pay for.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
04/07/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Darynn
Betas should be unplayable in the beginning and polished by the end.

Actually.

Alphas are unplayable.
Betas are buggy as hell with some unplayable parts.
Mid beta has some bugs.
End is polished and ready for live with a few obscure bugs.
Edited by Caristinn on 4/7/2012 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
By unplayable, I mean to the point you are pounding the desk because of bugs. It sounds like you guys are there about now. All 550k of you lucky fargin bastages!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]