Guild Suggestion Box

90 Human Warrior
So I'm curios to see what ideas are out there for things that need to be changed/added to guild and guild ui's. Ive seen alot of people talk about a guild warning, much like a raid warning, and had the idea myself as sometimes people just arent paying attention to chat.

So my suggestion (although many others have suggested it as well) a Guild warning! /gw much like raid warning /rw

Whats your suggestion?
Reply Quote
19 Blood Elf Hunter
I have found myself wishing this existed on numerous occasions as well. I rarely pay attention to my chat box and wouldn't expect most of my guildies to either. If I'm running bg's, in arena, or doing randoms, I'm generally not looking at my chat box at all with three exceptions being noticing mod warnings, being in town for a brief moment, or trolling trade chat.

Given that many guildies will jump on an alt they have in the guild to keep themselves busy while waiting for a raid or rbg spot to open up, a guild warning message would be a great way to get their attention and I'm sure they'd be just as grateful for it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
personally id like to see some sort of in game forum, news feed, or something of the sort as well. Getting people to your website (which i have read and tried everything) just doesnt work, and ive even tried in game addons like Messageboard, but most people dont even know about it cuz they dont pay attention in chat, to the calendar or the GMOTD. Some would say that these people are just there to ride along with the guild and dont really matter, but most of them do matter and do participate and want to participate. Others have told me to try setting ultimatums, like sign up or dont raid, or dont participate, which is fine, but when you dont have anything to hold over their head like 8/8 heroic mode they can just find another guild. Personally i guess i have to stop being so nice lol. But i love my guild and the people in it, and want them to enjoy their experience as much as possible. Thats why i think things like a guild warning and in game forums/news feed would greatly improve they way guilds work!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Things I'd like to see at a guild level. And I'm also pirating ideas I've seen posted on other threads here because I liked them!

Things I'd like to see in-game.
1. Join Date automatically listed as a field on the roster and out in armory roster.
2. More guild ranks! 20 would be nice.
3. Ability to mass-mail guild members by rank or through calendar events.
4. Bulletin board concept - guild members could post things there like "Need leveling mats xxx" or "LF Balance Druid for rotation help".
5. Larger officer note section so we can be more descriptive.
6. Tab on Guild Bank or like the Guild Info Tab, where we can limit ranks that can view it and can list things handy to have in-game. Like a list of characters not to be invited back to the guild, etc.
7. Love the Guild Warning idea. Have it grantable by rank.
8. Account ban for guilds. If a toon is "banned" then all other toons from that account are banned as well.
9. For the bank tabs - show deposits in separate tab from withdrawls. Same for money log but separate 3 ways - deposit, withdraw and repair - since repair just fills things up so fast.
10. Ability to limit bank withdrawals by number of items instead of by stacks, if desired.
11. For the calendar, have ability to indicate role for event - tank/dps/heal. Allow multiple roles to be selected based on spec if they are willing to fill either one.
12. Remove inactive guilds from recruitment tool.
13. Have recruitment tool show indicator for those requests where the person is online.
14. Have the ability to send guild requests through the mail system or in some fashion when the person is offline. Should be able to include additional information if wanted.
15. Allow ability to edit only own public note - grantable by rank.

Things I'd like to see in armory
1. On roster - primary/secondary spec - item level - Resilience - Join date.
2. Export feature for roster from armory.
3. Ability to see gear for person's other spec - cached from last log-out. Much like wow-heroes does. Be nice if this would allow equipped item level/resilience by primary/secondary spec.
4. Ability to set up calendar events and invite people from battle.net. Also to update invite status and leave notes.

Edited to include calendar ideas from another thread as well as recruitment tab ideas
Edited by Belaha on 4/11/2012 11:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Belaha +1

join date = awesome idea.
larger officer note section would be cool. they should show who last edited a note too.
account ban for guild would be nice. if they can't do it, then at least showing which characters in the guild belong to the same account. would make it easier to group alts.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I wouldn't classify it as "needed" and it's been suggested countless times before, but I'm still a fan of the guild hall idea. Rumor has it that characters will get their own farms in Mists, so hopefully guild-specific shared spaces will become feasible relatively soon, as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Also, people being able to edit their own public note. Hate having to ask officers and being asked to change mine/someones note.
EDIT: Also, how about a guild hall or "house". A place with the gbanks, a calendar board for events, a board for people to ask for stuff and be able to reply, a mass mailer, be able to duel (who doesn't love defeating guildies??), places to hang out and show off mogs, an unlimited gchat channel (you can scroll up through all time, not just when on or too much convo). Just some awesome ideas I thought of.
Edited by Rebadawnta on 4/9/2012 4:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
04/09/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Rebadawnta
Also, people being able to edit their own public note. Hate having to ask officers and being asked to change mine/someones note.

Editing of public notes is something controlled by the GL by rank. If you can't edit yours, it's because you GL set it up so that your rank is not allowed to.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
But Belaha....we should be able to set guild permissions to allow a rank to only change their own public note, and no one elses.

I fully support the idea that we need more administrative tools in today's guilds. My personal list (that I can think of offhand) includes more ranks; lots bigger note system both public and private; a guild notebook set up about like a spell book that could hold rules, upcoming reminders, bulletin board, the calendar, the roster, and general info;

more ability to delineate permissions, such as "can set own public note"; more ranks; bank logs that go back much farther; more complete and longer lasting guild log of who joined/left/changed name; and a guild forum. Yes the last, and several others, can be done with a guild website, but only the most dedicated or forced use them.

Oh, and did I mention more ranks?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/08/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Brugarude
Ive seen alot of people talk about a guild warning, much like a raid warning, and had the idea myself as sometimes people just arent paying attention to chat.

I like this, but I can sure see it being abused, even by a gm. Imagine you just pulled the big heroic boss, but you aren't with the gm on this raid. And the gm decides s/he has to talk to you NOW.....
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
04/11/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Nebliina
But Belaha....we should be able to set guild permissions to allow a rank to only change their own public note, and no one elses.

I don't see a problem with that if it's grantable by rank. I have alt ranks and use the public notes there to identify the main toons they belong to. It's in public notes because that makes it visible when you pull up the roster. So it's easy to see if 'X' is online in some form.

But grantable by rank would mean that I could exclude alt ranks from being able to change it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
04/08/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Brugarude
Ive seen alot of people talk about a guild warning, much like a raid warning, and had the idea myself as sometimes people just arent paying attention to chat.

I like this, but I can sure see it being abused, even by a gm. Imagine you just pulled the big heroic boss, but you aren't with the gm on this raid. And the gm decides s/he has to talk to you NOW.....[/quote

I agree, thats why i think certain things should prohibit it from working, like being in a raid. and not everyone would need permission to use it or even see it, make it so the GM can set up who an see it and use it.

I definitely love the "notebook" idea, make it like a webpage, a small forum, Guild rules section, a blacklist, ect ect, and have it pop up when ever someone signs on in that guild, and teach them to use it when they first join a guild like blizzards first pop ups when you first make a toon. And if it popped up when you first logged into a toon in that guild youd see all the important items of the day, wekk or whatever. Cuz im positive only about 50% of guild users use the guild UI to look things up like news, notes, and especially Professions, to this ]day i still have people asking me to link my professions when its right there for them!

You could even set it to where it only pops up at certain intervals between log ins and log outs so if you just need to switch to an alt then switch back its not popping up every single time!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
04/09/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Belaha
13. Have recruitment tool show indicator for those requests where the person is online.
Even better have this also show the time frame in which they were online so Guild Leaders/Officers can know what time they need to be on to catch the person.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Having an "Officers Message of the day" would be very usefull for me, specially in my casual guild since we dont really manage with our website !

Nice thread !

Thanks !
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
It would be nice to have a different color font option for the GL. During normal times, the font color is the same as everyone elses, but when you need to make special announcements, but not keep it as a MOTD, change the font color to red or yellow for example.

As to the changing public notes, that's not an option I would EVER give lower ranks access to. I use public notes for specific information. Before I realized I could control that, I had people overwriting my information with silly notes and once, came in to find a member as a joke had went through and changed all the alt names in the lowest rank to "Cannon Fodder".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]