People looking to transfer here - Read this

85 Human Hunter
Updated: 25/1014 - Patch 6.0

So, pretty much daily there is a new thread or sometimes two of someone wanting to transfer to the server and asking questions, seeing as people are too lazy to search for previous threads I am hoping if this can get stickied it will stop a lot of these threads from being made.

History:
Frostmourne, named after the sword which corrupted Arthas, is an Oceanic realm that was also the first Oceanic PVP Realm to be opened on 22 October 2005. It is filled with a number of excellent guilds and players who have made a name for themselves and Frostmourne in both PvP and PvE combat.

Time zone/Server status:
Frostmourne, is an Oceanic realm which means the vast majority of the population live in Australia, New Zealand and throughout South-East Asia. As of the 28/10/14 Frostmourne will be hosted in Australia meaning US players will suffer from upwards of 180 latency, unless your schedule makes it impossible to raid on US realms I advise you don't transfer here. Also we will probably be sleeping during your prime time.
The server time is GMT+11 (AEDT)

Characters seen:

Alliance - 138,396 (63%)
Horde - 79,322 (37%)

Queues:
The server status is full, meaning while the server might not be at capacity at all times it will be close to it. So you may be susceptible to queues. This is not usually the case but it will be after some content patches and definitely is after expansion releases. Unless servers are upgraded expect 6+ hour queues on WoD release fortnight.

PVP:
Battlegrounds: In case you are a bit late on the band wagon all US battle groups were merged in 4.1, meaning you will not get a higher win rate of random battle grounds if you transfer here, it would be the same.

Rated Battlegrounds: Another question often asked is on the topic of Rated Battlegrounds. If you keep an eye out in trade or general chat you will see low/no mmr RBG's running daily. There are also higher rated mmr RBG's running constantly as well. You will have no trouble pugging these if you don't want to join a guild.

World pvp: Lots of ganking going on in Timeless Isle, its great! pvp happening on every corner of the island. If you want your bloody coin title/mount I suggest you do it now, it will be very very hard to do come WoD.

Tol Barad/Winter Grasp: Surprisingly active, 40+ people at peak sometimes. Easy 500 honor for wins.

PVE:
Current Content:
Avast took out realm first H: Garrosh on 11/11/13 Grats! Also US 3rd, very nice ranking.

Avast vs Heroic Garrosh videos:
25m -
Fury PoV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gQw7tS7bDw
10m-
Boomy PoV:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zar1-XuQbt4
Rogue PoV:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jepwamEK7-M

5.2:
Grats to Avast on realm first Ra-Den!, world 27th and US 6th.
Avast v Ra-Den:
Prot Pally PoV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P151BZNfS-I

5.1:
<Suit Up> having downed H Sha is now 16/16 Heroic at a world rank of 29 and US ranking of 6, Grats to KIP on realm second with a sub 200 world ranking!

Suit Up v H Sha.
Priest PoV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pUUOMiLeOA
Hunter PoV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2rzZ7qch1g

As of this edit, Frostmourne is rank 1 (US)

World Bosses:
Every world boss dies multiple times a day, trade groups going 24/7. Probably one of the better realms if you are after the mounts.

If you are a serious mount collector, add Evani1990#1324 to B.Tag, does 10+ world boss groups a week.

Old content: Can literally find and pug anything you want. I see dozens of pre MoP runs a day, if you are after anything specific just use the ingame group finder.

Economy:
Like most high-pop servers the economy is very robust, there is an absolute huge stockpile of anything you need. Profession mats are always abundant, we also have one of the best TCG mount markets of any server on US.

Timeless isle:
Rares die very quickly after spawning, even now months after its release. Huo dies more or less within 1 minute of spawning at most times, celestials and ordos die multiple times a day all week. PvP happens, lots of it. Easy to find rep farm/bloody coin groups.

If you feel anything is missing feel free to post.
Edited by Miirkat on 10/24/2014 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Edited by Miirkat on 12/8/2012 8:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
STICKY.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Read this - We will have 4 hour Q's when MOP hits so go elsewhere
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
AMG Miirkat = win

STICKY.
Reply Quote
56 Tauren Shaman
the irony when everyone posting in this thread is actually a server transfer themselves......

DONT TOUCH THE IRON ITS TOO HOT IT WILL BURN YOU
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Cool 56 alt bro, whether they are server transfers or not does not mean they enjoy reading the spam "Transferring here answer my questions that have already been answered 400 times" threads
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I'm not a server transfer. Good work. I endorse everything above.

With one addition. We need more Horde. The end.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Voted for sticky!

Well put :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Gj, voted for sticky.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Daish, that just makes people not want to come. Why can't you hurry up and get yourself perm banned from the forums already, you have already been suspended a few times; can't be far off now.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Requested sticky.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
requested Stick.Good thinking Miirkat

-General Bubbles
Reply Quote
40 Human Paladin
No thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Hello General bubbles, I like your pig tails.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
04/12/2012 06:13 AMPosted by Miirkat

Why, Thank-you!
(PS: Gnomes will still make your people our slaves... )

-General Bubbles
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
04/12/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Bubbleløl

Why, Thank-you!
(PS: Gnomes will still make your people our slaves... )

-General Bubbles

I find it hard to believe little gnomes would be able to enslave us "full sized" people.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]