We need a server Xfer blizz. we need it bad.

85 Blood Elf Priest
First off I would like to invite everyone on the server to comment on this thread. I would like to see a blue post on the subject as well. The server is dead. And without putting us on a list for a transfer Destination, things are unlikely to change in MoP.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
This server is dead.

I would like to see a blue post on this subject aswell

What?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
You can pray all you want, but they're not gonna send you off somewhere for free.

There's still a fair bit of time until MoP, and until then, people will pay the dosh to gtfo Archimonde if they feel obligated to.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
he's talking about migrations TO archimonde Frostball.

And The free server migrations have allready been proven to not work.

they need to start FORCING new players and characters to be made on low pop realms.

but this realm really needs some help. it gets more obvious by the week.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yes it does, several of RV rerolled on another server to check the pop differences. Its insane.

At 4 am server time theres a max of like 23-25 alliance on here, but i pop over to Korgath and

theres like 200+ in stormwind alone. We severely need like 10k more players on this server.

its just sad.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Why do you all fight it?

We tried and it was pointless. Move to a high pop server and love to play the game again trust me.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Yes it does, several of RV rerolled on another server to check the pop differences. Its insane.

At 4 am server time theres a max of like 23-25 alliance on here, but i pop over to Korgath and

theres like 200+ in stormwind alone. We severely need like 10k more players on this server.

its just sad.

Check Tichonderius lol.

Plus, max on like, maybe 3 people in TB at that tame aswell
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Free transfers and server merges are the only viable solution.

There's a few myths about those though.

The myth that players stack factions or servers has been proven outright false by examples of entire MMO communities like Rift which has some of the best faction balance in MMO history through a strategy of allowing free transfers and aggressively merging servers after the population boom dwindled.

The myth that it's hard to process free transfers or that it would overload the system is ignorant of the systems that far lesser MMO's employ that are fully automated, instantaneous, and not exploitable.

When transfers are free, the novelty of playing on servers like Tichondrius or Illidan which have like 25,000 - 40,000 people on them wears off quickly and you find a server with a healthy population both overall and faction wise. When you have to pay, people tend to migrate to the higher pop servers as to take no chances with migrating and losing money on a mediocre server.

I dont care what any fanboy says, the fact our server has like 600 actives and other servers have 30,000 shows how inept Blizzard is at controlling the population. If transfers were free, this server would have 10 people left and they'd close it or merge it. Which is GOOD for the game. Rift as an example, which has about 250,000 subs has better population balance by percentage than WoW ever has or ever will based on them letting the players police the population. Most people want balance, most people want a good, healthy economy, most people want to be able to find arena teams, rated BG teams, raid groups, etc. However, most people wont pay $25 per character to transfer. So in contrast this game has a fraction of the population policing itself and the large majority stuck with whatever random chance nets them in a game where the population is declining immensely.

The disgusting thing is that a billion dollar company knows this but is too stubborn and greedy to stop bilking the money and start fixing their game which has the worst population discrepancies by percentage than any MMO that I have ever played.

TLDR: Read first line.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Spug you are so correct with your words, and Although I know a Hard merger will never happen. as well as free xfers. This is not a cry for any of that. We just want to be a destination for one. or Retire the server and let us all go to one particular other server. And I know it all comes down to the money, and how much blizz will make. but this isn`t 5 or 6 accounts we are talking about. it`s 800-1000. and that has to add up somehow.

Anyway, it`s good to see I`m not the only one that cares on the server. and if we get enough people to post, maybe we will get some answers
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Free transfers and server merges are the only viable solution.

The disgusting thing is that a billion dollar company knows this but is too stubborn and greedy to stop bilking the money and start fixing their game which has the worst population discrepancies by percentage than any MMO that I have ever played.

TLDR: Read first line.

agreed
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Heres what I think, they should have a period of maybe one day where you can transfer all your characters to other realms for free. If you miss the deadline too bad for you. As both Horde and Ally on this server i know that the ally side is much worse. I feel bad for everyone over there. Blizz it would be real cool to help us all out or at least let us move all the character we have on this realm for $25 total because I sure dont want to pay to move all of my characters of this realm to something like Arthas were i dont have time to read the trade chat channel before something else is posted.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
04/12/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Taggar
Heres what I think, they should have a period of maybe one day where you can transfer all your characters to other realms for free. If you miss the deadline too bad for you. As both Horde and Ally on this server i know that the ally side is much worse. I feel bad for everyone over there. Blizz it would be real cool to help us all out or at least let us move all the character we have on this realm for $25 total because I sure dont want to pay to move all of my characters of this realm to something like Arthas were i dont have time to read the trade chat channel before something else is posted.

There doesn't need to be restrictions. Again, there's a fear mongering myth the fanboys use to say things like "economies would be wrecked if you could just transfer things from one server and sell on another" when the actual results of free transfers would be economic stabilization and normalization.

Again, Rift is the best case study of this. Since the percentage of faction and population discrepancies is so small, you can go to any server and the prices will be practically the same. The community policed their own population, and everything normalized.

The myth is that someone from say, Illidan would transfer here and sell epic gems for a 3k profit per gem. That myth is destroyed by the same thing that causes it, because no one is going to pay that. They will transfer and get it cheaper from Illidan. The cycle normalizes itself until all servers are practically identical, price wise.

Populations, economies, factions, everything stabilizes under free transfers. Some servers get hit really hard and close, presumably like this one, but that's because this game has way too many servers to begin with and not enough players to fill them. Cata has seen about 2 million people unsub. That's a lot of holes that cant be filled under the current system.

The ONLY restriction they should put in place is disallowing someone from a PvP server transferring to RP or PvE servers, and vice versa.

Edit: No one should be forced to play on a !@#$ server because they either wont pay $25 for Blizzard's ineptitude or they simply "miss the day" the transfers were available.
Edited by Spug on 4/12/2012 7:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I have 8 toons on archimonde 80-85 and its horrible trying to find stuff I need like mats and such because no one is ever on. Maybe if they opened a free merger to our server like they did back in the day where they opened a free merger from archimonde to dethecus.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I agree we need more people. or maybe merge some of the other smaller servers into 1.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I have 8 toons on archimonde 80-85 and its horrible trying to find stuff I need like mats and such because no one is ever on. Maybe if they opened a free merger to our server like they did back in the day where they opened a free merger from archimonde to dethecus.

That wasn't a merger. A merger would be combining two servers into one.

Free targeted migrations dont work, they actually do the opposite. Archimonde arguably died because they opened transfers from here to other servers and our population never recovered.

The only right way to do it is unrestricted free transfers, and then merge/delete the servers that would be left in the wake.

WoW has lost about 2 million subs in Cata, that's a lot of holes to fill and switching the holes from one place to another solves nothing.
Reply Quote
45 Goblin Priest
You mean that influx of players from Dentarg a year or so back didn't help?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
This is adorable. Maybe discussing it more will get Blizzard's attention and they'll fix the problem for you.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi Puddi
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
What an ugly hat you have there Puddi.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I transferred. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

For some of you that have only ever played on a low population server. Roll an alt on a high-pop server. Hang out in the cities for a couple days. Watch the community, check out the AH. Most of these servers have a billion guilds recruiting, tons of pugs LFM mog runs, raids, arenas & wpvp. Check out the realm forums, do a little research.

You may even find what looks like - players that actually want to be there and aren't whining about how their server sucks.

The high-pop servers aren't for everyone. I imagine some people like the low-pops where there is less competition for what ever reason.

I play this game too much to sit around on dead servers with no community and nothing going on. It was a wise decision to pay the cash and move my toons. However, I do miss those Shenanigan kids and a few others from this server.

-abbo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]