Complaint about Onyx Panther (JC Craftable)

90 Gnome Warlock
This post does not reflect the opinions of the community, and i'm also not a day 1, 2-minutes-after-the-vanilla-beta-I-started player either.

Don't misunderstand here, I think it's cool and looks good, and nothing is certain yet, BUT;

Engineering in WotLK got a ground mount that carried two people. Also it was B.A.
Alchemy in Cata got a flyer that carried two people.
JC will be getting a ground mount. Covered in jewels.

Is it just me or did we take three steps back in the BoE craftable? You know, the step before the mechanohog where you couldn't carry anyone else. Will this mount do anything cool to compensate for the loss of an extra seat? Or is it just gonna be a cash sink with no benefits other than 'hey lookit me I toss money around'?

JC gettin pooped on again. I'd rather BS or LW or Tailoring get a craftable BoE this expac if it's gonna do nothing extra, and wait for JC to get something more epic than a showoff mount.

/2cents.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
BS and LW have nothing special really. They craft a narrow range of items each tier, whereas JC's cut all related gems for every tier. The only time BS/LW (I can't say about tailoring as I don't have one) had anything remotely close to being able to make something along the lines of these mounts was in BC when you had the weaponsmith/armorsmith and LW equivalent patterns/plans. BS/LW haven't done anything "extra" since then.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I hardily see anyone else on the multiperson mounts. Having a slot for 1-2 more people is just used for goofing off more then anything (like killing your friend by driving the bike off a cliff) the only other time I've seen it get used, is to get low leveled players and alts the exploration achievement and flightpoints.You should just be glad JC is getting something it didn't before, a craftable mount for collectors. (and people that would ride it) More money for you.

A BS and LW mount would just make no sense whatsoever. (JC gems are magic infused so making a mount can make sense for JC's) Also whatever mount a BS could somehow make would make far more sense for a engineer to make instead.
Edited by Nyzul on 4/3/2012 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Never said it had to be a mount. I'd personally like something similar to the BS weapons from BC, especially considering it'd be MUCH easier to balance now than it was then (with the much more clear-cut ilvl tiers now).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
IT'S A KITTY CAT MOUNT FOR MEEEE! I know the Alliance people don't care since they can buy/easily obtain every single mount type in the game but Horde is limited to dungeon drops.

ZG tigger was totally elusive - I actually never seen it drop and I was there since it was end-game.

ZG panther is still a no-show. I lost count how many times I've been disappointed.

So it better be there when Mists goes live. I'm leveling my JC first.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
the passenger thing is pretty much just a novelty so i dont really see how that matters.

people barely travel by mount to anywhere anymore anyway, its gotten less and less each xpac and probably will be no different in MoP.

the only thing ive seen anyone use the passanger seat for(besides GET IN I WILL FLY YOU IN CIRCLES IN SW!) is like once a month i see some lowbe alt paying like 50g for someone to take them to WPL or something.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
The onyx panther also looks incredibly simple to craft in comparison to the other mounts. No huge money sink on this guy.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
04/03/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Fredzilla
BS and LW have nothing special really. They craft a narrow range of items each tier, whereas JC's cut all related gems for every tier.

A narrow range of BiS items that sell for rediculous prices each tier, whereas JC had the SAME gems for two tiers, and our chimera (JC only) gems never got buffed to represent the imbalance with Blacksmithing sockets.

All i'm saying is I would like to see something special with this thing. For those of you saying the other BoE mounts' extra effect were useful 1/100000000 times, that's still more than the new panther.

the passenger thing is pretty much just a novelty so i dont really see how that matters.

people barely travel by mount to anywhere anymore anyway, its gotten less and less each xpac and probably will be no different in MOP.
'

Aside from them saying it'll take longer to level 85 to 90 with the non-linear questing, and not being able to fly until 90 anyway. With the removal of Have Group Will Travel, ground mounts are the only way to get around to summoning stones for early levelling.

04/03/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Brolan
The onyx panther also looks incredibly simple to craft in comparison to the other mounts. No huge money sink on this guy.

As with everything else, nothing is final yet. The mats will probably increase in price, or they'll add other things to it, like the orbs you get from dungeons or even the alchemy rare bars etc etc.

All i'm saying is i'd rather pass to Tailoring, BS or LW for a mount if it does nothing special, and get an actual, rare BoE mount with something unique next expansion.
Reply Quote
27 Gnome Rogue
04/03/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Malzahar
'hey lookit me I toss money around'?

Well yes, it's not like jewelcrafter's are poor. If they are, they're doing it wrong.

04/03/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Malzahar
JC gettin pooped on again

All the way to the bank.

Honestly, I don't see what your gripe is. The engineering only mounts are one person mounts. The tailoring only mounts are also one person. I assume the JC mounts will be JC only like the Flying machines and Flying Carpets are only usable by those with those the professions at a certain level.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
04/04/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Yebbie
Honestly, I don't see what your gripe is. The engineering only mounts are one person mounts.

Here:

Is it just me or did we take three steps back in the BoE craftable?

04/04/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Yebbie
The tailoring only mounts are also one person. I assume the JC mounts will be JC only like the Flying machines and Flying Carpets are only usable by those with those the professions at a certain level.

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/120045-onyx-panther

The new craftable BoE (NOT BoP) mount.
Edited by Malzahar on 4/4/2012 10:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
04/04/2012 03:08 PMPosted by Malzahar
A narrow range of BiS items that sell for rediculous prices each tier, whereas JC had the SAME gems for two tiers, and our chimera (JC only) gems never got buffed to represent the imbalance with Blacksmithing sockets.

BS items sell for ridiculous prices because the cost of mats is ridiculous, the actual profit margin over mats might be 10-20%, less then say JC.

Are you seriously complaining about JC gems not being buffed to epic while using +30 stat common gems?

Their is no difference between you and the rogues, complaining that their legendary must be better or equal to every legendary that came before. Look at it this way, at least it probably wont cost 80k gold, something I was expecting if it was the alchemy mount ++
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
A narrow range of BiS items that sell for rediculous prices each tier, whereas JC had the SAME gems

the same gems that you could make more in a week from than an entire expansion of BS/tailoring/LWing. I made over 10million gold this xpac. most of it from JC. i probably made 200-300k from leatherworking and thats with being the one of the first to have most of the raiding patterns.

All i'm saying is i'd rather pass to Tailoring, BS or LW for a mount if it does nothing special, and get an actual, rare BoE mount with something unique next expansion.

so if the JC mount does nothing special you would rather switch to a different profession that either also has a mount that does nothing special or doesn't have a mount at all? that doesn't really make sense.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
None of the BS items are best in slot for anyone. Heroic gear trumps all of them, and in some cases, normal gear does too.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I'll wait until the pattern is live before complaining.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
04/04/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Zachknight
so if the JC mount does nothing special you would rather switch to a different profession that either also has a mount that does nothing special or doesn't have a mount at all? that doesn't really make sense.

I'm saying let one of those three get the BoE craftable this expac. I'm not saying i'm dropping JC at all.
04/04/2012 06:46 PMPosted by Fredzilla
None of the BS items are best in slot for anyone. Heroic gear trumps all of them, and in some cases, normal gear does too.

Pardon me for not being clear here. What I meant was they have BiS gear for normal Dragon Soul, not heroic. And a lot of the player base will never get full heroic BiS let alone many heroic pieces at all, not to say no one ever will.
04/04/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Dastalis
I'll wait until the pattern is live before complaining.

Exactly why I said nothing was final yet.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yeah and most people only doing normal DS won't ever have full epic gems (or the need for them), so JC doesn't end up taking a hit as far as bonus stats goes. Also, what good does it do for me to be able to make something that might be BiS when it costs so much, for me or anyone else?
Reply Quote
Personally, I'm pretty stoked about the onyx mount. I will be 100x more stoked if it's a profession exclusive mount like the helicoptor and flying carpet.

#NotHoldingMyBreath
Reply Quote
27 Gnome Rogue
04/04/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Malzahar
The new craftable BoE (NOT BoP) mount.

It's too early in Beta to tell if they will stay that way. Wrath Beta everyone got a chopper from the vendor.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
AXE
As per MMO-Champ:

Obsidian Nightwing Transforms you into a Obsidian Nightwing, allowing you to fly very fast and carry an ally on your back. This is a flying mount. 1.5 sec cast.

Your prayers were answered. It will be very expensive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]