Incoming: 250,000 More Beta Invites

1 Orc Shaman
04/05/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Kanala
It's not based on when your account was created, it's based on your total subscribed time... double check Bashiok's post here
Lies. I have subscribed for 5 years. Yet no invite
85 Draenei Death Knight
That’s right -- we’re in the process of sending 250,000 additional beta-test invites to Annual Pass holders. Keep an eye on your email and Battle.net account for an invitation to come test [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/"]Mists of Pandaria[/url] with us.

As with previous waves, it’s going to take a while for the invites to process, so we recommend checking your games list in [url="http://www.battle.net/account/management/"]Battle.net Account Management[/url] to see whether yours has arrived yet. Once it does, you’ll see the Mists of Pandaria beta client available for download from there. We expect this entire wave to take a day or so to complete.

We appreciate the enthusiasm of everyone who signed up for the [url="https://us.battle.net/account/management/wow/promo/d3-signup.html"]World of Warcraft Annual Pass[/url], and we’re working hard to get you into the beta. We know you’re excited to explore Pandaria and test the new content, and we’ll keep you posted here in the forums when we’re ready to send out another wave.

Are you guys done handing these out so i can know if i need to stop looking at my freaking email every 2 hrs :/ Cause it gets frustrating when your let down 5 to 8 times a day lol
100 Undead Warlock
They said the beta inv would favour older accounts and how quickly you signed up for the Annual Pass. I'm sure there is still other factors, like content explored, playtime, etc.
Who knows, they might even factor in how many online mounts/companions you bought from the Blizz store.
When the dust settles, and you get your invite, you'll forget how long you waited.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Worst thing ever, Loggin into my Battle.net account summary page and seeing a quick flash of green thinking its the MoP logo but it turns out to be the "Play for Free" text for World of Warcraft.
100 Human Death Knight
1st wave - 100k
2nd wave - 100k plus 100k added about 2 hour's later to wave
so 300k
3rd wave - 250k
so 550k invite's sent out.
about 45%-50% of AP holders are now in beta in 2 week time frame.
so by the end of April all AP holders should have there beta invite.
AP holder known pop 1 mil to 1.2 mil

You're not accounting for the fact they seem comitted to only have 2 servers for US, so eventually there's going to be a limit where no one else can get in until it clears out, and if they patch it regularly then it probably won't clear out very fast, I think the people in the last wave are going to waiting a couple months.

They already said they're basing their waves on how stable the "testing enviroment" is, and given the fact the login server has been dead since 6:30 this morning, none of the copies are working, the servers are at capacity, we may very well not see another wave for awhile. End of april is almost certainly not going to be realistic.
85 Human Rogue
I see premade monks are easily available now.

And of course, no one has been given extra templates, Cool, I'll wait till we get some more before hopping back on Beta.
1 Orc Shaman
04/05/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Braineater
When the dust settles, and you get your invite, you'll forget how long you waited.

I really don't think people will forget this fiasco. Especially Blizzard lol
90 Tauren Death Knight
That’s right -- we’re in the process of sending 250,000 additional beta-test invites to Annual Pass holders. Keep an eye on your email and Battle.net account for an invitation to come test [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/"]Mists of Pandaria[/url] with us.

As with previous waves, it’s going to take a while for the invites to process, so we recommend checking your games list in [url="http://www.battle.net/account/management/"]Battle.net Account Management[/url] to see whether yours has arrived yet. Once it does, you’ll see the Mists of Pandaria beta client available for download from there. We expect this entire wave to take a day or so to complete.

We appreciate the enthusiasm of everyone who signed up for the [url="https://us.battle.net/account/management/wow/promo/d3-signup.html"]World of Warcraft Annual Pass[/url], and we’re working hard to get you into the beta. We know you’re excited to explore Pandaria and test the new content, and we’ll keep you posted here in the forums when we’re ready to send out another wave.

Are you guys done handing these out so i can know if i need to stop looking at my freaking email every 2 hrs :/ Cause it gets frustrating when your let down 5 to 8 times a day lol
I agree with you so much. Its like everytime you refresh you get excited, then when you don't see it you're just bleh. Both of my older sisters have it. Now Im just waiting for mine :D
90 Blood Elf Mage
04/05/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Derax
Worst thing ever, Loggin into my Battle.net account summary page and seeing a quick flash of green thinking its the MoP logo but it turns out to be the "Play for Free" text for World of Warcraft.

To me its hitting F5, Seeing that one more box was added...and its the "Add AP and get Diablo III FREE!" box randomly showing up.
90 Worgen Hunter
04/05/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Pëppër
It's not based on when your account was created, it's based on your total subscribed time... double check Bashiok's post here
Lies. I have subscribed for 5 years. Yet no invite

I have to admit that "Annual Pass is a guaranteed entry, there is no consideration made beyond cumulative subscription time and when the Annual Pass was purchased", blue post is feeling more and more like a lie the longer I go with no invite to the beta. 7/1/05 is my account created time but since that creation time Ive never missed a month. Why lie why not just say "Hey we are throwing your names in a hat and drawing at random" least I could accept that and not feel like my longer sub status is getting me in over other people. lol Hopefully the next wave has my invite I guess.
89 Draenei Death Knight
Still no invite for me.
Active 04/12
AP 5 minutes after it went live.

9/15/10
AP day after ap when live
100 Undead Warlock
04/05/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Pëppër

You make it sound like they made a mistake? From what I can gather, they have done everything they said. They can hardly be held accountable for those who are impatient.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Got AP the first day it came out..

had my account active since the games been released..

11/23/04..

Still no invite..how long your account has been active and when you purchased your AP means nothing its random.

I'm in the same boat, got AP on day two. Those things have little to nothing to do with if you get your invite. Don't get your hopes up or constantly refresh your page... a watched pot never boils, people.
04/05/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Braineater

You make it sound like they made a mistake? From what I can gather, they have done everything they said. They can hardly be held accountable for those who are impatient.

Except for awarding beta access based on AP signup and account activity. As we're seeing people who subbed in 2009 getting in before people who have been subbed since 2005-2007.

Myself included. Someone I RAF'd in 2009 got in last wave when I've been subbed since 2007. That's not how it's supposed to work.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The one thing I'd really like to see is some numbers. How many people subscribed for the AP, and how many total invites have been sent out. With the waves they've announced it's at 550,000, but how many were invited the day it went live? 10,000, 20, 50, 100? I totally understand that they have to do waves, and there were a ton of people that signed up for the AP, but I would feel much better if there were some solid numbers presented by a Blizzard employee.

Number of AP subscribers
Number of beta invites sent out
Possible time frame for future waves

I think if people had those three things readily available, it would make the wait easier. It would still kind of suck, but at least you'd know that you're real close to getting in, or that it's going to be a little while.
90 Night Elf Warrior
Still nothing player since vanilla active the entire time bought all expansions midnight release day 1 annual. FUU RNG or whatever asinine picking system they got :<
85 Tauren Druid
I've literally checked my e-mail over 20 times today, and my account info. Still nothing. Goodluck all! (Especially you undead and cow lovers :D)
Still nothing player since vanilla active the entire time bought all expansions midnight release day 1 annual. FUU RNG or whatever asinine picking system they got :<

Pretty sure it's just RNG.

How depressing... 550,000 invites and still nothing. Oh well, I'm patient.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]