Goldy's Top 10: Achievement Edition

(Locked)

100 Orc Shaman
Thank you for posting a response to my post to prove me right, you do just want to debate!
100 Human Death Knight
04/16/2012 01:45 AMPosted by Maliciouszen
Thank you for posting a response to my post to prove me right, you do just want to debate!

Thank you for posting a response to my response to your post.

If me pointing out how you're wrong in your assumptions is "debating" then I guess i'm a master debater.

By "your assumptions" I mean things like:
  • how you thought I was discussing my opinions on which raid size is superior when i was not.
  • how you thought I was super duper upset when I was not.
  • how you think I am unhappy with my guild or our current progression which I am not.
  • Of course, if you had bothered to read the stuff I wrote prior to you posting you likely would not have arrived at these conclusions.
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    I think this is the most relavant portion of any of the hijacked posting.
    Tier 13
    Morchok: 25 man harder only because you are closer to enrage. Other than that same difficulty. If you arent hitting enrage it shouldnt be any difference :)
    Yorshaj: 25 man harder
    Zonozz: Neutral
    Hagara: 10 man harder by significant amount
    Ultra: 25 man harder by alot
    Blackhorn: Neutral
    Spine: Since i dont count Madness as the endboss 25's have this endboss harder by alot. Kinda as 10's had nef and sinestra, you guys got spine :) Good luck with the 3 grips every 16 secs O.o which is the huge difference. Where as we got 1 every 32 sec. which would be 6 every 32 sec...thats not 2.5x more!!!!! comeon blizz :)
    Madness: 10's is harder

So taking Morchok/Zonozz/Blackhorn out...since they are pretty much equal from what i read.

THis tier would be 2/6 10's and 3/6 25's repectively

This was taken from opinions of top 100 guild raiders and their blogs and responses. Cata post mortem, etc.
    The only thing harder for 25 man's is getting 15 more skilled players under one banner. We both know that as soon as Cata came close to release almost the entire Horde population split to form 10 mans since achieves would be the same, gear was now going to be the same and the Horde side is drivin to playing with tight knit groups of friends. It is a mind set here and hence why the only guild that I know of Horde side trying to put together a 25 man raid is Moonstruck. We have a much smaller and diverse active raiding population. Personality differences drive us to want a smaller guild experience and Blizzard changes allow us that Horde side.
    So let me ask you.. Why should you get an achievement just to gather more people under a banner for a kill when you calculate the difficulty over the entire raid that the overall skill needed is the same per person?
    Sym
    Edited by Symantha on 4/16/2012 8:45 AM PDT
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    Whether or not 25 man is more difficult than 10 man is not the issue here. The point is that they are not and will never be the same. That being said I see no reason why there can't be separate achievements.
    100 Tauren Druid
    04/09/2012 11:57 PMPosted by Judson
    I

04/15/2012 10:20 PMPosted by Judson
    QQ

04/15/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Judson

04/15/2012 10:20 PMPosted by Judson
    no self esteem girl

I can take stuff out of context too!
    100 Human Death Knight
    04/16/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Mìstrfuzzles
    I can take stuff out of context too!

What did I take out of context?

1. I said they are different.

2. You said they are the same.

3. I asked if you would have gotten realm first as a 25man guild.

4. Obvious answer is no.

5. You get offended.
    100 Human Death Knight
    04/16/2012 08:21 AMPosted by Symantha
    So let me ask you.. Why should you get an achievement just to gather more people under a banner for a kill when you calculate the difficulty over the entire raid that the overall skill needed is the same per person?

If you can not achieve the same results then it is not the same and it is deserving of separate recognition. Difficulty of individual bosses is irrelevant.

When you were in Last Hope what was the biggest issue holding them back from progression?

But you want to come on here and tell me that issue is irrelevant. Get real!

My simple question is, if FE would have been a 25man guild do you think they would have gotten realm first Madness? The simple answer is no, Ruthless would have gotten it as 10man.

If Ruthless would have stayed a 25man guild as Tactical Gamer would they have gotten any realm first in Cata?

When a 25man guild can drop to 10man and get realm first I don't see how you people can ignore the obvious, single most important deciding factor.

How you people can confuse and twist this into 'smack talking" is unbelievable.
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    First, when did I ever twist anything into "smack talking"?
    Back to the other stuff - LH like you guys for awhile had recruiting issues, which seems to be an issue this late into wow for all guilds, and could not field a full raid. We went week after week after week not being able to raid every night or attempt heroic fights and had to settle for 8/8 reg most weeks.
    If attendance wasn't an issue and Ruthless, FE, and LH all ran 25's based on the average skill of each person to include their drive, and desire I still personally believe that FE would have gotten realm first. Your guild is the only one that I have limited player knowledge of to add you to that comparison so you are the mystery. I have either played with them or watch their videos and seen how quickly each group grasps strats.
    I still do not believe there should be seperate achievements. I feel the difficulty is well balanced per each fight from either my experience or watching videos / reading information from top players / guilds to think that no matter 10 or 25, the best average group of players would get it first in either case.
    I still love you man but we can agree to disagree.
    Sym
    editud fur spehlun
    Edited by Symantha on 4/16/2012 3:54 PM PDT
    90 Human Rogue
    On topic...

I think my greatest achievements weren't even an actual in-game registered achievements. Here's one that happened recently...

I quit the game one month after Cataclysm came out as I hated how they changed the game so much, and simply wasn't having any fun doing any of the 5 mans or anything else in the game due to going back to the slow/methodical hardcore style gameplay... not to mention that I had some serious RL issues happening a few months after I quit to boot...

Exactly one year (yes, a full year) later I came back with hearing about 4.3, LFR and transmog all being casual based and hearing the VERY cool stuff coming in MoP.

The VERY next day after logged back in, I got a random tell from somebody asking me advice for fishing as he heard I'm "the fishing guy of the server".

That, to me, was worth it's weight in any FoS achievement to me. ^_^
    Edited by Meadows on 4/16/2012 11:51 PM PDT
    100 Human Death Knight
    04/16/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Symantha
    First, when did I ever twist anything into "smack talking"?
    I was implying the others more than you, since I said "you people" and not just "you" :)

Back to the other stuff - LH like you guys for awhile had recruiting issues, which seems to be an issue this late into wow for all guilds, and could not field a full raid. We went week after week after week not being able to raid every night or attempt heroic fights and had to settle for 8/8 reg most weeks.
    Yet for some reason you consider this a non issue. Instead of admitting 25s are different and deserving of separate achievements people would rather mock them, troll them and tell them to go 10man.

If attendance wasn't an issue and Ruthless, FE, and LH all ran 25's based on the average skill of each person to include their drive, and desire I still personally believe that FE would have gotten realm first. Your guild is the only one that I have limited player knowledge of to add you to that comparison so you are the mystery. I have either played with them or watch their videos and seen how quickly each group grasps strats.
    lol @ "if attendance wasn't an issue" You know, changing my question so it's easier for you to answer is pretty rude. Why don't you try talking about if they were all 25man guilds and attendance was an issue.

btw did any guilds get realm first 25man lich king before Cata came out? No sir.

I feel the difficulty is well balanced per each fight from either my experience or watching videos / reading information from top players / guilds to think that no matter 10 or 25, the best average group of players would get it first in either case.

And that's fine, except that the 25man group needs 2.5x the number of equally skilled players. Unfortunately you don't want this issue counted.... yet ironically it's the first issue you scratch off when creating a hypothetical scenario.

I still love you man but we can agree to disagree
    Good! because I don't mean any disrespect or offence. :)
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    Once again why should someone get a special achievement for gathering more people? Yes recruiting is hard... Ask how many 10 man's have to pug people each week Horde side due to raiding population? It is equally hard both sides. It isn't a non issue, it is an issue for all raiding guilds 10 man and 25 man.
    Attendance being the issue... Yup, I leveled the playing field just like Blizzard did on the difficulty throught DS so overall neither 10 and nor 25 man raids really have it harder counting all the fights. I don't single out one statistic to make my argument. I bring them all together and just because a 25 man guild is short 3 players to do heroics doesn't make them any more special than a 10 man short 1 or 2 people for heroics. they both have to take non skilled people to raid and cannot push their progression.
    more to come damn client walked in......
    Sym
    Edited by Symantha on 4/17/2012 8:03 AM PDT
    100 Human Death Knight
    04/17/2012 08:03 AMPosted by Symantha
    Once again why should someone get a special achievement for gathering more people?
    What do you mean by "special" achievement?
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    Once again why should someone get a special achievement for gathering more people?

So should the achievements in Wrath have been shared in 10/25 man?
    90 Human Rogue

Because it's harder to recruit and coordinate 25 people instead of 10?

I mean, why should we have a special achievement for gathering 150 pets instead of just leaving it at 50?

Time, effort and commitment.
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    "Special Achievement" one for doing the same content with more people.
    In Wrath the content complexity and gear in 10 mans were well below the 25 man content on every fight that comes to mind. So much so Blizzard had them split and recognized the differences as well. No they shouldn't have been shared then. Cata on forward is a completly different beast of a game ( I believe due to laziness on Blizzards part to spend the developing time to make 10's and 25's different ). I preferred the split content in Wrath and the opportunity to run both 10's and 25's myself but those days are long gone.
    As for the pets / raiders comparison.... If Blizzard had quest and rep for you to obtain new raiders I would agree with you but they don't. : )
    Sym
    100 Human Death Knight
    "Special Achievement" one for doing the same content with more people.
    You're the one tacking on the "special" part. Separate does not mean special.

Would you really be so embarrassed and ashamed if your achievements said 10man while mine said 25? Even if we had the same gear, mounts and titles? Why do you want to keep the raid size hidden? I don't understand your fear! :)

You're basically saying "Hey, I want to do this in 10man but I don't want it to say 10man, I want it to be a secret"

Why don't you want people to know?
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    LOL, I could care less if people know that I raid 10's over 25's. I just don't see a reason for the difference but if it makes you feel better. Sure lets create an extra title : )
    I do tack special on it because I do not believe doing the overall same difficulty with more people deserves a title all its own. Now if 25's were harder on every fight I would easily agree you deserve a title for 25's over 10's. I could care less about the gear difference myself but I believe the gear should match the difficulty and if something is harder it should drop better gear with it.
    Sym
    Most people don't even know cross faction that I still raid since I had to gear out an alt to get a raiding spot in a guild I enjoy raiding with. Now that is something to hide! : )
    Edited by Symantha on 4/17/2012 10:59 AM PDT
    100 Human Death Knight
    Sure lets create an extra title : )

I do not believe doing the overall same difficulty with more people deserves a title all its own

Now if 25's were harder on every fight I would easily agree you deserve a title for 25's over 10's

Sym are you even reading my post? I have said repeatedly that the gear, mounts and titles being the same are fine and don't bother me at all.

Nothing so far has upset me until I read this.

Are you having someone read the post to you over vent, paraphrasing everything?

Seriously man, If you aren't going to read what i'm saying then why are you talking to me?

I am bewildered by how little you have comprehended from what I have typed.
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    04/17/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Judson
    Sure lets create an extra title : )

I do not believe doing the overall same difficulty with more people deserves a title all its own

Now if 25's were harder on every fight I would easily agree you deserve a title for 25's over 10's

Sym are you even reading my post? I have said repeatedly that the gear, mounts and titles being the same are fine and don't bother me at all.

Nothing so far has upset me until I read this.

Are you having someone read the post to you over vent, paraphrasing everything?

Seriously man, If you aren't going to read what i'm saying then why are you talking to me?

I am bewildered by how little you have comprehended from what I have typed.

The sure lets have an extra title is a joke, hence the "If it made you feel better comment".
    I repeated how I view the diference betewen 10's and 25's and what I felt needed to happen for their to be seperate titles again.
    The "Now if all fights were harder 25 man" comment was back to Khores comment reflecting back to Wrath hence why there were in differnt paragraphs.
    You did see that 3 people responded after my post right? I guess next time I will put the person name next to each reply so there is no confusion and you do not feel the need to pull qoutes out of context.
    Sym
    Edited by Symantha on 4/17/2012 12:34 PM PDT
    90 Orc Death Knight
    I like cat videos.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]