Goldy's Top 10: Achievement Edition

(Locked)

90 Orc Death Knight
04/16/2012 01:44 AMPosted by ßri
Gold, wtb new thread for achieves plx since its been tainted by debate!

Hi bri,

I'm vile nice too meet you! =D
90 Tauren Druid
OMG Hai VILE!
100 Human Death Knight
You did see that 3 people responded after my post right? I guess next time I will put the person name next to each reply so there is no confusion and you do not feel the need to pull qoutes out of context.

Out of context? Suuuuuuuuuuure...

I have been repeatedly pointing out how the achievements need to be separated, leaving mounts titles and gear the same, because it is different, even if the fights are tuned to be the same difficulty and then you go and ramble about titles.

You did not read or comprehend my post.

You also attempt to discredit and devalue the information I posted. I pointed out that on normal mode 25man has fallen from accounting for nearly 20% of final boss kills to less than 8% of final boss kills. The heroic mode numbers will match these by the end of the tier.

Why won't you admit that for any guild, being a 25man guild yields different results than being a 10man guild?

Why won't you admit that no one on this server killed LK in heroic 25 during Wrath but two have heroic madness while it was current in 10man?

Any guild on a normal server, unless you are a top 100 guild will have less progression as a 25man guild. I understand you want the same gear, titles and mounts on 10 but how you can sit there and say it is the exact same thing and needs to be the exact same achievement is ridiculous.
Edited by Judson on 4/17/2012 5:22 PM PDT
100 Human Death Knight
My point is also proven by the fact that no one can respond directly to what I am saying.

They have to talk about something else, like titles, or they have to get upset/offended and feel the need to defend themselves when they have not been attacked, or they just put my guild down.
100 Human Death Knight
Separate but equal, Sym!

It is the American way! Recognize the positives, celebrate your different cultures, struggles, and accomplishments but don't discriminate.
90 Blood Elf Priest
For me achievements / titles are all in one lump sum. You get one or the other and as for discounting .. Yes I do. Want to know why? Because the game has evolved to its current form like it or not and compairing achievements and percentages to Wrath are like apples and oranges now. Both a fruit but each in their own completely seperate things.
As for the two 10 man guilds each achieving H Madness when no 25 man did H LK in Wrath, again apples and oranges. The game is designed differently and you know that but will not acknowledge it since it doesn't support your point you are trying to make.
Progression .. it is what we are talking about in game but also remember the game has progressed as well. Like it or not, me I don't like where they have gone but I have accepted it and understand the balance Blizzard has brought.
Sym : )
Please other post your points and well. I am loving this discussion and want more view point either for, against me or against us both. Roll them in !!!
Edited by Symantha on 4/18/2012 9:19 AM PDT
90 Orc Death Knight
04/17/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Mìstrfuzzles
OMG Hai VILE!

HAI FUZZLES.
100 Human Death Knight
04/18/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Symantha
For me achievements / titles are all in one lump sum.

There are more achievements for 10 and 25 that do not have separate titles (or no titles) than there are that do have separate titles. for clarification i'm referring to all of the achieves from wrath.. when you look at all of those achieves with no titles, it makes me wonder how you can consider achieves and titles the same thing........ talk about someone comparing apples and oranges!!!!!

Because the game has evolved to its current form like it or not and compairing achievements and percentages to Wrath are like apples and oranges now. Both a fruit but each in their own completely seperate things.
The game can change, that doesn't make the information invalid. The information is relevant and you couldn't be more wrong about it's importance.

Fact: the changes made from Wrath to Cata reduced 25man's participation in normal endboss kills from approximately 20% to less than 8%. There is no "blah blah apples orange" bull crap here.

Heroic will match this ^ by the end of the tier.

As for the two 10 man guilds each achieving H Madness when no 25 man did H LK in Wrath, again apples and oranges.
You want it to be apples and oranges. But you know deep down inside it is relevant. The simple fact is that Ruthless raided 25mans in Wrath and didn't get heroic 25man endboss. In Cata they drop to 10s and now they can clear the heroic endboss. You can say it's apples and oranges all you want but that doesn't change the facts. Their guilds change in raid size enabled them to clear endbosses in heroic while it was current. How could you disagree with that?

The game is designed differently and you know that but will not acknowledge it since it doesn't support your point you are trying to make.
Me talking about how the different design is impacting 25mans is somehow me denying the change in design? interesting......

The changes are exactly what I am talking about. The achievements went from separate to shared. Along with loot, titles and mounts. I just want one of those separates again... The one that has the least impact on the 10man raider. I am talking about the change but you somehow think I am denying it.

You can talk about fruit all you want but the numbers don't lie Sym. 25man participation is at an all time low. They should either stop producing content for it or do something to change the current setup.

You claim horde side is focused on smaller tight-knit groups of 10man raiders. This is also my point. There is no reason for you to consider 25s. It isn't balanced when 10man is more appealing.
Edited by Judson on 4/19/2012 2:21 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
You keep going back to previous tiers.. apples and oranges. I will keep eating my delicious washington apple and watch you try to peal the layers of your spoiled crusty orange.
No matter how many layers you peel off looking for a relavant comparison of tier to tier with the changes Blizzard has madeyou won;t find a realistic one that has current value.
The rest of us have evolved with the changes : )
Sym
7 Goblin Warlock
http://www.wowtrack.org/encounters

has some good dataz
100 Human Death Knight
04/20/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Harfrock
has some good dataz

I am sorry but that site does not "haz good dataz"

It is a biased and flawed display of false information.

wowprogress shows that almost 5,000 25man guilds have downed normal Morchok but your site says 100% at only 1,800.

http://www.wowprogress.com/rating.tier13_10
http://www.wowprogress.com/rating.tier13_25

Starting at 100% for the 25man guilds and 94% for the 10man guilds is already biased enough. Either start at the cutoff of 100% for both or count them all. This site dramatically cut the number of 25man guilds it was measuring against to increase the completion % and give them all a higher "relative encounter difficulty value."

I give to you one sigh and a slow "no" head shake.
Edited by Judson on 4/22/2012 3:02 AM PDT
100 Human Death Knight
04/20/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Symantha
You keep going back to previous tiers..

Why wouldn't I? The changes were made between tiers. If you want to see what effect the changes had you have to compare the previous tier to the current tier.

What else would you have me compare to measure the effect the changes had?

If you ran a lemonade stand and you decided to try switching from real sugar to artificial sweetener and your sales dropped by 20% you wouldn't say "well the sales numbers I had before don't matter, it's apples and oranges, reviewing how I effected my sales is irrelevant!"

I will keep eating my delicious washington apple and watch you try to peal the layers of your spoiled crusty orange.
If you liked oranges you would care. I am a nice enough guy to care about both but you are selfish and only care about your apples.

No matter how many layers you peel off looking for a relavant comparison of tier to tier with the changes Blizzard has madeyou won;t find a realistic one that has current value
I may not find one that you care about or interest you. I may not find one you will admit the truth in. But the comparisons I have mentioned are relevant and they do display the effect the changes have had.

Your inability to admit something doesn't make it not true. The changes blizzard made greatly reduced the number of 25man guilds. This reduction is above and beyond the reduction in 10man guilds. If both raiding sizes experienced a drop in activity at anywhere near an equal amount then I would not be complaining.

wowprogress was tracking almost 60,000 25man guilds before, now only 5,000.
wowprogress was tracking almost 85,000 10man guilds before, now only 55,000.

That's a 55,000 guilds drop vs a 30,000 guild drop

Let's put this into perspective. The entire, current, 10man raiding community would have to quit wow two and a half times to equal the number of 25man raiders that were lost.

If you think that is "apples and oranges" then you are either just trolling me or you're out of touch with reality.
100 Orc Shaman
this thread is still going on >.> Judson you are like a dog with a bone.....
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/22/2012 03:28 AMPosted by Judson
If you ran a lemonade stand

well now you're just comparing apples and oranges and lemons :)
7 Goblin Warlock
http://www.wowtrack.org/encounters
has some good dataz

I am sorry but that site does not "haz good dataz"

It is a biased and flawed display of false information.

wowprogress shows that almost 5,000 25man guilds have downed normal Morchok but your site says 100% at only 1,800.

http://www.wowprogress.com/rating.tier13_10
http://www.wowprogress.com/rating.tier13_25

Starting at 100% for the 25man guilds and 94% for the 10man guilds is already biased enough. Either start at the cutoff of 100% for both or count them all. This site dramatically cut the number of 25man guilds it was measuring against to increase the completion % and give them all a higher "relative encounter difficulty value."

I give to you one sigh and a slow "no" head shake.

The website is meant to track currently active raiding guilds.
see http://blog.wowtrack.org/2011/03/loot-based-guild-progress-tracking.html
90 Tauren Druid
I am going to attempt to derail, the derailing. SO! New Top 10!

Your top 10 Elements of the Periodic Table:

10. Einsteinium (Has Einstein in it, nuff said)
9. Mercury
8. Krypton
7. Titanium
6. Plutonium (I just like saying Plutonium)
5. Californium (now the names are just getting silly)
4. Hydrogen
3. Oxygen
2. Nitrogen
1. Carbon - The most reactive element in the periodic table, for which (with others) life as we know it, would not be possible.

~Goldy
86 Tauren Death Knight
I don't have 10, so I'm just going to list my favorites because they're Alkali Metals and they're a blast in water :D

6. Lithium
5. Sodium
4. Potassium
3. Rubidium
2. Cesium
1. Francium
90 Orc Death Knight
10. Einsteinium (Has Einstein in it, nuff said)
9. Mercury
8. Krypton
7. Titanium
6. Plutonium (I just like saying Plutonium)
5. Californium (now the names are just getting silly)
4. Hydrogen
3. Bacon
2. Nitrogen
1. Carbon - The most reactive element in the periodic table, for which (with others) life as we know it,
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]