Goldy's Top 10: Achievement Edition

(Locked)

90 Human Death Knight
Notice you reference guilds from Thunderhorn? Yea, think about that. Not exactly the mecca for population or progression.

Come on Judson, you can do better than that.

Notice we're on Thunderhorn? Yea, think about that. I'm not exactly going to pay them more money to transfer to a server they haven't killed 25man raiding on yet.

Come on Galgamex, you can do better than that.
90 Human Death Knight
07/13/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Freeball
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCWdCKPtnYE

heh

:)
Edited by Judson on 7/13/2012 1:13 PM PDT
86 Tauren Death Knight
Napoleon complex at its finest. The poor little 10man raider is admitting there is a different but still too ashamed to admit there should be a difference in the rewards.

"I don't care if they are more difficulty I run 10s and I want the best rewards damnit!"

As I stated in an earlier post if you would put forth the effort to scroll up, I don't care which raid size I am in. Rewards or not. It's the progression and kills that I find enjoyment in. I can't help it if you feel smaller for not having "different" rewards when you know 25's are harder to fill right now.

Serious question though, if you don't mind me asking. Do you flex to yourself in the mirror at home? I have to know! Hahahahaha
90 Human Death Knight
07/13/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Grimix
As I stated in an earlier post if you would put forth the effort to scroll up, I don't care which raid size I am in.

I don't care what you care about. You're a douche. I would much rather have a conversation with Mr Sneaky.

Do you flex to yourself in the mirror at home? I have to know! Hahahahaha

Only if i'm taking pictures to send to Howdoing.
86 Tauren Death Knight
Notice we're on Thunderhorn? Yea, think about that. I'm not exactly going to pay them more money to transfer to a server they haven't killed 25man raiding on yet.

Come on Galgamex, you can do better than that.

Oh snap son! We're on Thunderhorn? NO WAY!!

Also, the Illidan server would like to have a word with you.

And also, LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!
86 Tauren Death Knight
I don't care what you care about. You're a douche. I would much rather have a conversation with Mr Sneaky.

Haha sigworthy.

You hurt my feelings now :(

Also, you're a stubborn buttface!
90 Human Death Knight
07/13/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Grimix
Also, you're a stubborn buttface!

True
85 Human Paladin
07/13/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Judson

pics or it didn't happen
86 Tauren Death Knight
Gotta say Freeball.. it makes me kinda nauseous seeing that TA tag under your name now.

Oh and can you send me those pics? I wanna laugh uncontrollably at Judson.

Trollface.jpg
90 Blood Elf Priest
07/13/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Howdoing

pics or it didn't happen

I told you not to drink their punch, now Judson has slipped you a mickey and somehow talked you into going Alliance... FFS MAN come back!

Sym
85 Human Paladin
bri and ohno are also alliance AND they joined ruthless.
90 Human Death Knight
07/13/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Symantha
FFS MAN come back!

He'll come back to you, but he won't feel the same.

You'll know he's been with me and it will kill the mood.

Then, when he's raiding with you late at night, it will be me he's thinking of.

And when he moans a name you can't quite hear, it will be mine, not yours.
90 Blood Elf Priest
07/13/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Howdoing

Yeah they went alliance off server though.

Sym
85 Human Paladin
07/13/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Symantha

Sym

AND they joined ruthless.

back on server now
90 Blood Elf Priest
07/13/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Howdoing

Sym

AND they joined ruthless.

back on server now

Was that like in the last week .. what the hell are people doing while I am in VEGAS!

Sym
90 Human Death Knight
Arise, my minion.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't care what you care about. I would much rather have a conversation with Mr. Arv!
90 Orc Death Knight
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
90 Human Death Knight
In short, we're not satisfied with the current status of 25-player raids. There are clear logistical challenges to sustaining a 25-player raiding group. It's inherently 2.5 times as much churn, and thus 2.5 times as much recruitment needed. In terms of actual encounter difficulty, while we haven't always succeeded, we feel that we can deliver on a comparable experience between the two modes: 10-player raiding often involves greater personal responsibility, while 25-player raiding is more complex on a macro level (more moving pieces). Even perfect tuning doesn't compensate for the logistical difficulties, though.
Our hope and intent when introducing the parallel 10/25 structure in Cataclysm was that people would be free to pick the raid size that they prefer, but I'll admit that in light of the organizational challenges of maintaining a 25-player roster, we may need a slightly larger incentive to make that choice a truly free and fair one. When you're the guild leader of a 25-player raid group, and you realize that you only have 21 people regularly showing up, it's much easier to just forge ahead in 10-player mode than it is to go through a fresh recruitment cycle to bolster your ranks. And if Mechanar taught us anything, it's that players will always take the path of least resistance when the rewards are equal. (Note that this doesn't mean that it's necessarily the most fun path or what players would choose in the absence of any outside forces pulling them one way or another.)
A small step we've taken to that end has been to increase the amount of loot dropped in 25-player Normal mode in 5.0 to 6 pieces per boss, matching the Heroic loot rate as it has stood in Cataclysm. That's something. But it's not a true solution to the problem. It's something we continue to discuss on a regular basis.

Quoted from Ion Hazzikostas (Lead Encounter Designer) in the Reddit Developer AMA

My favorite line was this one..

Our hope and intent when introducing the parallel 10/25 structure in Cataclysm was that people would be free to pick the raid size that they prefer, but I'll admit that in light of the organizational challenges of maintaining a 25-player roster, we may need a slightly larger incentive to make that choice a truly free and fair one.

followed by

And if Mechanar taught us anything, it's that players will always take the path of least resistance when the rewards are equal.

Then agan if they knew this since Mechanar that means they knew what they were doing and meant to kill 25mans.
90 Human Death Knight
anyway, that combined with Ghostcrawler's tweet

10s do have more individual responsibility. 25s have more logistical problems. Overall, I'd say 25s have worked out to be harder. It's subjective for sure. I have seen a lot of 25s scale down to 10 and be able to beat a boss that stumped them.

and you guys can suck my balls
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]