Hunter vs Rogues

100 Dwarf Hunter
No rogue opens with premed ambush kidney im sorry that is so scrub worthy and explains why it takes you into the hundreds to break 1200 rating.

let me pop 2 20 sec CDs to accomplish what I could of done with 1 baseline spell. Good idea man

Yup of course, the rogue saves his premed that can only be used in stealth for after he pops out....and of course he uses cheap shot before kidney so that kidney has 75% duration due to diminishing returns.

Go actually pvp on a rogue yourself, if you're starting out with cs you're gimping yourself.
Premed/ambush/kidney/shadowdance. If you don't have a monkey, it forces a trinket or you're practically dead, spider is not better, it's completely useless for countering this starter, you're stunned in place and you think webbing the rogue right next to you is helpful? Monkey blind however, you've just been stunned for 5-6 by kidney, pop monkey blind, rogue is disorientated for 4s during a time when he's probably popped his trinket and dance. That leaves you both out of cc around the same time, you've used a single 1m pet cd, he's used 2x 20s cd's and a 1m cd. Here I would tend to scatter-trap for distance then start blowing him up, WITH serpent sting on, if he shadowsteps you have disengage (his kidney is on cd right now so can't stop you) meaning it's kiting time unless he blows vanish and cloak, 2m and 1.5m cd's.
You now have either a dead kited rogue or a vanished rogue with 2 long cd's used and you still have your trinket up. Drop a flare and start eating! This puts you either back to full hp or forces the rogue to come in and open or sap, if he saps and you spot him use your pet to know him out of stealth.

Don't bother can't teach the unwilling to listen. Let him live in denial thinking he is going up against good rogues.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Hunter wins in both situations easily. I can't remember the last time a rogue killed me 1v1 no matter who opened up on who.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
if the rogue gets first hit, they can't lose if they know what they are doing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Hunter vs Rogue has always been one of WoW's most dynamic / fun matchups. We're built for hunting one another (flare, track hidden, find traps, disarm trap), and even though the advantage goes back and forth with every expansion, I think for the most part we're usually evenly matched.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Hunter vs Rogue has always been one of WoW's most dynamic / fun matchups. We're built for hunting one another (flare, track hidden, find traps, disarm trap), and even though the advantage goes back and forth with every expansion, I think for the most part we're usually evenly matched. The winner usually depends on who pulls out more stops.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
any rogue who dies at anytime is playing badly. they have the tools to reset to full health if they are patient, with all their cds reset. you know like hunters, except they have the advantage of full stealthed positioning, shorter cds, and a respectable heal.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
04/04/2012 11:43 PMPosted by Gimpi
Bottom line is latency favors melee in this game vs ANY class that stops to cast, evne for a second.

When was the last time a hunter stopped to cast while the rogue wasn't trapped?

Hunters never stop to cast vs me unless they're already at max range and I can't touch them.

(lol pulsing flare and vanish that makes you immune to stealth detection for a couple seconds)

If you vanish in a flare you don't disappear, and if you vanish and run in, you immediately unstealth. I'm confused about what you mean by this complaint.

rogue who is recouping for 7k plus

In hemo spec, my recup healed for 6ks. That was in hemo spec (max talents for buffing recup). Remember, we're talking equal gear and skill here, so no stamina buffs or anything else to increase the rogues healing.

Now, this being said, I personally believe that anytime los factors into it, rogues should win currently. With recup and pillar humping, it should be almost impossible for hunters to win.

Just wait till the deadzones removed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
04/06/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Weran
If you vanish in a flare you don't disappear, and if you vanish and run in, you immediately unstealth. I'm confused about what you mean by this complaint.

You need to learn how to play your own class, apparently.

Im not going to spoon feed you how to counter our abilities b/c the blizz dev's have made it too easy for you with constant hunter nerfs but i can guarantee you that your class has several different ways of completely countering flare, even if you are standing directly in it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
If by 'several different ways' you mean 'cloak of shadows' then yes, otherwise no.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
You need to learn how to play your own class, apparently.

Im not going to spoon feed you how to counter our abilities b/c the blizz dev's have made it too easy for you with constant hunter nerfs but i can guarantee you that your class has several different ways of completely countering flare, even if you are standing directly in it.

Did my post at all sound like I was saying flare was op/broken?

I was just wondering why he was complaining about flare, because it does what its supposed to and I've never heard of it not working.

04/06/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Katzbalger
If by 'several different ways' you mean 'cloak of shadows' then yes, otherwise no.

I was assuming he meant just running out of it. But cloak is the only way to vanish inside the flare, yes.

If you vanish inside a flare, then you either tunnel visioned and didn't notice the debuff, in which case you deserve to lose, or you got unlucky.

Flare is almost impossible to see on some ground textures, and can be a nightmare depending on your graphic settings. But that just really screws up openers.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
So, despite PvP not being balanced around 1v1 situations...

Hypothetically, if Hunter and Rogue (both 85 and equally geared and skill levels) meet randomly in the world:

A) i) Hunter gets opener on Rogue. - Open area.
ii) Hunter gets opener on Rogue - Enclosed area (such as a cave).

B) i) Rogue gets opener on Hunter. - Open area.
ii) Rogue gets opener on Hunter. - Enclosed area (such as a cave).

Who wins?

If they are both equally skilled and geared. The victor would be whoever got the opener. As a hunter, you have to spot the rogue (in or out of stealth) and place hunter's mark, serpint sting, widow's venom and send the pet in. Make him use his CDs early. As a hunter you have to be more aware of you surroundings b/c of the dead zone.

If the rogue gets you stun locked (i.e you didn't see him) you have to waste your CDs and being equally geared and skilled the rogue will win.

That is if and only if everything is equal... and you do not give the rogue enough time with recoup,
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
04/06/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Katzbalger

Lol no, rogues have several different abilities for countering a flare... rofl
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Hunter should win in the open everytime assuming he has a RoS keybind.

Enclosed areas depends. You won't beat a rogue 1v1 with all CDs inside of a horde AV tower that's for sure.
Edited by Phaelle on 4/7/2012 8:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Open areas is a no brainer. The only time I've lost to a rogue is when...

They brought a rogue friend to help stunlock me.

In a very inclosed area where I can't get away to kite.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
RPG
The hunter. Good hunters will keep me on their flare and out of shadowstep range. They also do considerably high damage on me.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Let me end the thread by saying:
Hunter vs Anything Else
Winner: Anything Else

/edit Rogues are one of the most op classes right now in pvp. A good rogue with legendary daggers could kill 2 good hunters at the same time with just one finger on the keyboard.

/edit again ~ in MoP when rogues will be able to dodge us 33% of the time a good rogue will be able to kill 3 good hunters at the same time blind folded and just using his thumbs.
Edited by Gravy on 4/8/2012 8:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Let me end the thread by saying:
Hunter vs Anything Else
Winner: Anything Else

/edit Rogues are one of the most op classes right now in pvp. A good rogue with legendary daggers could kill 2 good hunters at the same time with just one finger on the keyboard.

/edit again ~ in MoP when rogues will be able to dodge us 33% of the time a good rogue will be able to kill 3 good hunters at the same time blind folded and just using his thumbs.

Actually I believe you missed out the word 'bad' from in front of hunter. Talking 1v1, hunters are great, the problems are more in group pvp.

1v1, I can beat practically any class with my cd's up, except a healer. That's as MM however, I see you're BM, which means you have less cd's, less personal damage, probably don't have monkey and can have a big portion of your damage negated by someone just jumping off something so your pet is out of range for a while, not to mention the latency issues when your pet is apparently right next to someone yet 'kill command' says 'not in range'. Also while I'm way out of practice with BM pvp, I'm pretty sure Focus Fire is a lot lot better choice than Improved Mend Pet...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Focus fire for a guy with 300 haste rating in full pvp gear is doo doo. However, my pets do seem to get cc'd a lot. I'm BM because of my feral druid / bm hunter jungle cleave comp. We're a burst comp. If we don't win in the 1st 2 imins of the game, we usually don't win. Good hunter vs Good rogue. 1v1. The rogue wil win every time. Their cooldowns > our cooldowns. You get caught in a kidney/SD vs a good rogue with legendary daggers, you're going down. I don't care how good you think you are.
Edited by Gravy on 4/8/2012 1:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Whomever crits more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]