War College - Alterac Valley

(Locked)

85 Worgen Druid
Remove it. It's not longer anything like it was intended to be; resource gathering no longer matters and one very rarely achieves victory by any means other than killing the enemy's general, which is easily achieved. Even a quick match goes on forever and involves little strategy and even less PvP; the only time I ever kill an enemy player in a match of AV is when we are fighting over a node, which is sporadic and not common.

Also, although all battlegrounds do this; AV reinforces the typical gaping intellectual void that makes up the playerbase; no matter how hard you try to marshal your group, no matter how you phrase your requests, people will ignore you and play selfishly, then scream profanities in BG chat when we lose because of them. AV encourages a LACK of strategy, a LACK of player interaction and on my part a LACK of queueing random BG just because of the chance I MIGHT get Alterac Valley, and I speak not only for myself but for every other pvper I know.
90 Troll Warlock
Hey its give ally free honor weekend!

Oh joy /sarcasim

Horde have a good 30 secs longer run to Vann than ally do Drek. 30 secs plus lust is a huge advantage when killing a boss.
Assuming a mage and a hunter or a rogue isnt spaming slows on the "choke point" brigde to slow us down before we can get to Vann or the towers.

Why not just buff the bosses back to "boss" status again and return AV to ya know AV.

All it is today is a zerg fest for ally. Horde have to force a turtle to win.

Why not just make things easier but buffing bosses and making towers and frost lords usable again?

Im sure there will be whiners about this idea. Saying some AV games didnt end. Why not put a timer on av 40 mins should be more than enough.

As this BG sits now. It has nothing to do with pvp and everything thing to do with uneven pve. There is more effort put into avoiding pvp here.

For example.
capping towers and killing generals gives more honor than killing players

^^
85 Blood Elf Paladin
1. Avoid enemy - no point in any PvPing
2. Cap RH
3. Cap two south towers
4. Wait
5. Kill Drek

Congrats. You just passed AV Kindergarten.
7 Tauren Shaman
zerg while remembering fondly when AV used to be fun, before reinforcements
There used to be strategy...in vanilla and early BC.

nowadays it's who can zerg the commander faster
85 Night Elf Druid
I always wondered... was the Field of Strife meant to be a site of major battle? In every Alterac Valley battle I've ever been in, it's a pretty desolate place and only a point of transition.
90 Draenei Paladin
odd groups go to the left, even groups go to the right. that means 1 3 5 7 left, 2 4 6 8 right. 7 and 8, are whelp groups.

now LISTEN !@#$ UP! you're going to dps very very slowly. and by slowly I mean %^-*ING slow. if you get agro, you're going to lose 50dkp cause you didn't know what the !@#$ to do.
90 Draenei Shaman
I did not play in Vanilla, so I couldn't tell about it, but I can tell that ATM i play this BG as alliance and it is either:

-Both teams zerg boss, ally wins 80% of the time because it's shorter for them. Very little "PvP".

-Horde defends with 30-35 people. 30 minutes games where horde camp a choke point and alliance just stays in it's own base. Horde wins those 95%. Again, very little "PvP".

Isle of conquest used to be my most hated BG, but, the more I play AV, the more I hate it.

The most difference you can do it probably get a group of 5 and back-cap.

P.S : To all horde groups that meet on the forums, and queue with AV enabler, play a "perfect" 30 minutes games where ally gets 30 honor total, please consider the other 80 people that lose their time because of you. (At least 40 people will prefer by FAR the deserter)

P.S.S : You would get more honor queuing for other BGs, no matter how you put it. I just don't get why people insist on turtling super long BGs
Edited by Sarasun on 4/4/2012 10:25 PM PDT
90 Draenei Paladin
04/04/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Sarasun
P.S.S : You would get more honor queuing for other BGs, no matter how you put it. I just don't get why people insist on turtling super long BGs
played right, AV gives you the MOST honor of any battleground. +9 per objective (each enemy tower burned, each friendly tower not burned, each wing commander returned to base, keeping the miniboss alive) PLUS the hk from 40 horde and winning.

there are also some other bonus honor factors, but those are fairly significant.
85 Undead Warrior
It's so easy for the alliance to zerg... they can walk right into our camp and take everything with ease.... However: HORDE MUST UNDERSTAND THAT IN AV THE BEST OFFENSE IS A GOOD DEFENSE. If you aren't prepared to take the time to do that then don't Q for AV.

I always follow Drek'Thar's advice and that is to peel the onion. If you don't know what I'm talking about, find me, I'll give you a copy of the book.

Also, I would never give good Horde strat away on a thread forum....... Worthless allies may hear...
/afk ftw
90 Troll Druid
In Most of the AV games , Many Horde Players Zerg North and we end up loosing....

2 Options to Balance AV :

1. Equal the Zerg time for Horde and Alliance or
2.Bring Back Old AV

Because in the Current format we will (Horde) end up the loosing most of the battles on an average
85 Draenei Shaman
Ah... AV... Ive levelled multiple toons to level 80 with you.

I do hate the zerg/botfest it's become, although I'm not old enough to remember the 3 day long AVs either. I say if an AV lasts about 45 minutes now, it's a good one.
90 Human Paladin
Best offense is a good defense.

Always have a back-cap team ready to retake towers and make sure to not be that one guy that leaves a tower because he's bored or something. You leave a few guys to attend to a tower expecting they can cover it themselves?

Try doing it yourself sometimes. It's not fun being the only one at Iceblood tower fending off a bum-rush of Hordies with your only AoE being Holy Wrath with a 15 second CD because Divine Storm isn't a wise point for the Ret PvP spec.

Be sure to know you're not the only one in the Battle and there are other people counting on the others to at least TRY and be a good war-buddy. Bring a Back-cap team with you, or join one. Stay and defend Towers and defend until you can't no more. It's not just a battle of zerging (Even though that's how Alterac Blitz needed in order to be done.), it's also a matter of teamwork, knowing you're not the only guy there.

That goes with every battleground. Defend, have a plan, be a good teammate, don't get mislead, and be on top of everything that's going on.
80 Undead Mage
04/04/2012 09:53 PMPosted by Youreadruid
Remove it. It's not longer anything like it was intended to be; resource gathering no longer matters and one very rarely achieves victory by any means other than killing the enemy's general, which is easily achieved. Even a quick match goes on forever and involves little strategy and even less PvP; the only time I ever kill an enemy player in a match of AV is when we are fighting over a node, which is sporadic and not common.

Ummm, they did remove that in Vanilla, same in WSG, the reason behind why we have reinforcements, timers, ect. Is because SOME players dont know how to play the BG, resulting in 4-5 DAY LONG WSG's and AV's... Thus giving us 25 minutes. and 600 Reinforcements. Without them, the wars would never end, nor would the pvp farming from twinks.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
This require caps

BE ALLIANCE. /Thread.
90 Human Paladin
aus
04/04/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Sarasun

Honor=maelstroms=gold=something I have way more then I need.

Winning and frustrating the other team? Fun. Oh and wtb umm another 100k kills at least. I miss that aspect of old school AV.

But I like AV, its interesting and you get a interesting trade off where defending too well can lose you the game. Even when the game is all about the zerg, a single person or small group holding back the other side by a few seconds or a minute can win the game.

Traditionally I play defence, recapping and holding which is a fair bit of a waste of a healer but I do feel someone needs to do it.

The biggest reason alliance lose? ignoring chat and calls. I can't count how many times I have called inc as the last of the offence ran past so they could sit on the hill in the horde base for 10 mins and complain that everybody else is not doing anything.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]