what keeps you playing a paladin?

85 Human Paladin
For me its just the character I always end up playing even when I want to try something else I always come back. I feel a certain attachment to the character like he is a part of myself I haven't felt this with any other class. What are your reasons? and what makes you want to play your pally in the future :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I like their armor and play style. They are pretty easy to play and I like being able to potentially fill any role.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I like being able to fill any role on one character, i'd rather have 3 sets of gear (5 if you count pvp) on one character than have 2 or 3 geared toons.
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Warlock
when tbc released, it was a free ticket into raiding as I was horde at the time. (class roles were carved in stone back then, not flexible like they are now)

Now, its a passion.

I love the heavy armored types, but warriors are just knights with swords, kind of bland. DKs are the same too, they have interesting looks and attacks, but they're not that flashy. Paladins are flashy and full of animation, I like that. No matter what pally spec you play, the animation and style is very vibrant.
Edited by Flemmeth on 4/5/2012 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Ret is sexy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I've quit my Pally till MoP....so nothing anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I <3 my pally cause. i play all 3specs in pve and also pvp ret/holy up to 12k gold in repsects in last 3ms :D fun class there are down falls to it but if i want to tank i can or dps/heals so have all 3s r in one toon it just makes it fun btw prot pallys dum op to hell thanks BLiz
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For the possibility that I might get 2.2 and have sexy gears.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been playing the class since vanilla. I've toyed with the idea of giving up and rolling something else that might be easier to pvp with,but the amount of time I've poured into the class has caused it to grow on me.

I have my off days, But I truly love this class and the forum community who play it.

04/05/2012 07:39 AMPosted by Flemmeth
I love the heavy armored types, but warriors are just knights with swords, kind of bland. DKs are the same too, they have interesting looks and attacks, but they're not that flashy. Paladins are flashy and full of animation, I like that. No matter what pally spec you play, the animation and style is very vibrant.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Hammer of Wrath is why I rolled, Word of Glory is why I stayed and MoP is (going to be) why I mained Ret Pally.

also:
-coolest armor in the game
-huge crits
-fun cooldowns
-the best "OH !@#$!" buttons in the game
-great soloing abilities

and most of all...

WE ARE SHINY!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I play a Paladin and Druid as co-mains for the simple fact that they are both the most versatile classes in the game.

Paladins can fill 3 vital roles just as suitably as anyone else. Protection has been a strong tank spec for two straight expacs (it was borderline OP in wrath and has fared well in Cata though is a little behind in DS). Retribution with the buff to seal of truth is once again doing well in logs (not top of the heap but middle of the pack) and holy remains one of the strongest healing specs in the game.

The other thing that I think makes a Paladin unique even more so than a druid is that many of the abilities or spells designed for one spec not only carry over into the other specs, but have practical applications as well. Druids often have to shapeshift to use abilities designed for another spec while paladins are able to cast what they need when they need.

Word of Glory, Divine Protection, and divine shield just to name a few are abilities all three specs use, whether it be situationally or as a must-have in their rotation/priority.

Paladin's also personify the good and righteous who stand up for injustice and against evil. They are the protectors of the innocent and the destroyers of evil.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Mounts.
Achievements.
Vanity pets/items.

Literally, those are the only reasons. If said things were account-bound, I'd switch in a hot second.
Reply Quote
This is my first character I made years and years ago in vanilla.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I don't really know...they're much easier to play than any other class (possible exception: pve arcane mage), and I also just like the idea of paladins. meh
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Mounts.
Achievements.
Vanity pets/items.

Literally, those are the only reasons. If said things were account-bound, I'd switch in a hot second.

I couldn't agree more, this is why I play my Paladin too. I have so much more fun playing almost any other class, but I've put too much time into this Pally.
Reply Quote
Mounts.
Achievements.
Vanity pets/items.

I couldn't agree more, this is why I play my Paladin too. I have so much more fun playing almost any other class, but I've put too much time into this Pally.

I do not relate to that sentiment at all. What does that crap matter? You guys outta play the classes you find the most fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My paladin is my "alone time" character. If I don't feel like dealing with ppl I go on him and go fishing or arch or just random drop farming. I have basically imprinted my personality on to this guy.

If I were actually in the world of WoW I could see myself fighting legions of undead to save a town then riding off alone before anyone has a chance to thank me. Kind of the "who was that masked man" life style (if you don't get the referance it refers to the lone ranger)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Humming the Captain America cartoon theme when I use Avenger's Shield helps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]