how come my pally doesn't heal much?

27 Draenei Shaman
i have a 85 pally n only heals a very small amount in holy or not all the talent points are set, all blue some epic healing gear and the glyphs are in, i see holy pallys in instances n heal np but for some reason i cant. cant anyon help?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It would be helpful if you were to post something in this thread so I could see you armory.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I'll hazard a guess that Word of Glory is not keybound, and that the OP is using Holy Shock and Holy Light only. Edit: or he's frequently using WoG at only 1 charge.
Edited by Hearthstone on 4/5/2012 7:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Warlock
if you dps and see a paladin doing lots of healing its typically due to a weak tank or lazy dps. If you're healing for half as much (i am assuming total? or hps?) it should translate into easier healing.

assuming that it is a total healing done concern, don't fret. My pally in 400+ ilvl gear heals end time with holy shock and WoG. No, really, I don't cast till I get to the dragon lol.

if you're worried that your "not healing as much" is because you heal for less... well, u did say you're in blues.
Edited by Flemmeth on 4/5/2012 7:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
27 Draenei Shaman
im new to posting threads so i dunno how to post gear, but when i tried healing i was spamming my flash of light n was oom in a matter of seconds. i have healed many times before an all was grate but as soon as i hit 85 i only healed for a fraction of people health some times my flash of light was so small i dint see the tanks health move
Reply Quote
04/05/2012 07:39 AMPosted by Howitzer
im new to posting threads so i dunno how to post gear, but when i tried healing i was spamming my flash of light n was oom in a matter of seconds. i have healed many times before an all was grate but as soon as i hit 85 i only healed for a fraction of people health some times my flash of light was so small i dint see the tanks health move

To change your current character for posting on the forum:
1. Scroll up to the top of the page and click on your character's name "Howitzer" near the top-right. A drop-down list of options should appear.
2. Click on "Manage Characters" (last option).
3. Select your paladin from the list of characters.
4. Make a post!
Edited by Trapped on 4/5/2012 7:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
27 Draenei Shaman
nothing happins
Reply Quote
Is your paladin on a different battlenet account? If so, you'll need to log in on that one.
Reply Quote
27 Draenei Shaman
nope all my chars are on this account
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Good reason that you are healing so low would mostly come from gear. Also if you spam flash of light you will go oom very quick. Pallies have many great heals but flash of light is no longer one of them. Only for popping off a quick heal before running up a big longer casting heal like divine light. You should be taking advantage of holy shock every time its up and word of glory at 3 charges. You should look up a base spec on Elitest jerks or some similar site.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
He could just give us the name of the paladin. It feels like trolling though, if he's aware that all he's using is FoL and that he goes OOM right away and he still wonders why his heals are lacking I doubt anything we say will help. But okey, for the sake of the thread:

Cast Beacon of Light on the tank.
Use Holy Shock on cooldown. (this generates holy power)
Cast Holy Light on the dps if they take damage, this will also transfer 100% of the Holy Light to the tank.
Cast Divine Light on the tank. (this generates holy power)
Use Word of Glory on whoever takes damage. (this consumes holy power)
Profit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]