So, I hit 80....

90 Troll Druid
And due to me spending $500 every other week to fly out to see my g/f in FL while I'm in VA, I don't have Cata, so where should I gear up at? I *SHOULD* have Cata by next weekend, but, flying her up here for Easter. lol

So my question I guess is this: I am 80. I've been running randoms. Is this the best way to gear up till Cata dungeons? Or is there a better plan? So far, looking at the wiki, the item levels don't get much better in the ones I've looked at.

So teach me, Druids. What to do while I sit, bored, at 80, in order to gear up for going cata tanking when I get it?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think(not a 100%) that you can do some of the pre cata quest that gives you the best gear for that lvl untill you can run the cata randoms. But lioe I said not too sure tho. But if you can't do the quest try to get into icc run or some raid. My svr is always looking for ppl to run lvl80 raids just get carried thro one.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Can't do icc till my item level is better :-/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
No amount of non-cata questing will compare to cata quest rewards. New expansion gear > old expansion gear always. Your best bet, if you have that much time to spend, would be to jack up your justice via dungeons to buy gear at 85, although I would assume you would hit the cap while leveling to 85 anyways.

Level up professions, pvp, farm, etc
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No amount of non-cata questing will compare to cata quest rewards. New expansion gear > old expansion gear always. Your best bet, if you have that much time to spend, would be to jack up your justice via dungeons to buy gear at 85, although I would assume you would hit the cap while leveling to 85 anyways.

I would have to agree. Capp everything you can so when you get cata you canjust half pvp half pve gear and with gear from quest you can atlease get into the dungeons with the ilvl limit on it quick.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/05/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Schizo

Agreed.

PvP gear is actually quite good for Bear tanking, so if you have 4k Honor points when hitting 85, you can boost your iLvl rather quickly by buying 2 or 3 pieces of 390 PvP gear.

Also, farm whatever brings the most gold on your realm. There is a decent amount of 378 and 397 BoE gear - and the 378 ones should be rather cheap. Plus, there's a full set of crafted 377 PvP gear that you can buy. (Although, unless you are swimming in gold, I would not spend too much gold on 378 and lower pieces, as they can easily be replaced once you run HoT dungeons and LFR.)

ICC wont give you much, except for the justice points, as Cata quest gear will replace even ICC gear.
Reply Quote
89 Troll Druid
04/05/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Ptarr
ICC wont give you much, except for the justice points, as Cata quest gear will replace even ICC gear.

This. If I recall correctly, shadowmourne ended up being replaced by a level ~83 quest blue axe out of deepholme.

If I were you, I'd hang out running 5 man wrath heroics for a bit. Get a taste of that content, and when you've had enough, move onto cata(when you purchase it).
Reply Quote
04/05/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Schizo

DON'T PVP. You'll be put into the 80-84 bracket, get stomped by the other team in Cata gear, and get yelled at by your team for your bad gear.
Reply Quote
Question: why doesn't she travel to you half the time?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
My job is much better than hers. I'm flying her up for a week to SC, but she doesnt have the money to travel as much as I can. (of course, it means no Cata yet. lol)

Legit question though. :)

and ty for all the answers. :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Disregard female, purchase expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/06/2012 06:16 PMPosted by Navarion
Disregard female, purchase expansion.

Haha....expansion doesn't keep me warm at night :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Screw it. I'm buying Cata....lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]