Draenei or dwarf?

90 Night Elf Rogue
I was going to start a shaman but i don't know what race to pick. is there any benefit for one over the other?

thank you for your time
Reply Quote
For DPS increase in a PvE enviroment I would go Draenei. You get plus 1% hit.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
You honestly only go dwarf for resto pvp. Stoneform is too good against melee comps in arena. My personal favorite thing about femdwarves is casting with pigtails.....too funny!

For any other reason it can go either way, spacegoat or dwarf.
Reply Quote
Dwarf for the beard. Also I find that stoneform feels more effective to me than at any other level at 85. I've been told that it upsets ferals greatly. ;)

That said, draenei is certainly a little better in a pve environment.

Honestly the racial differences are so miniscule. Totally aim at the race you like the most visually.
Edited by Deloused on 4/6/2012 7:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
04/06/2012 07:04 AMPosted by Deloused
Honestly the racial differences are so miniscule. Totally aim at the race you like the most visually.

I would actually disagree. For PvE yes, the differences are miniscule, for PvP, dwarf is amazingly better, the biggest weakness that shamans have is a lack of real defensive cooldowns., stoneform provides an additional, albeit small, cooldown. 10% DR could mean the difference between surviving or not when you're getting focused.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
04/06/2012 07:59 AMPosted by Jaswinder
stoneform provides an additional, albeit small, cooldown. 10% DR could mean the difference between surviving or not when you're getting focused.
stoneform also drops bleeds, which is useful against rogues/ferals/warriors.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
04/06/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
stoneform provides an additional, albeit small, cooldown. 10% DR could mean the difference between surviving or not when you're getting focused.
stoneform also drops bleeds, which is useful against rogues/ferals/warriors.
And disease / poisons.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Draenei, clearly.

Stunties need not apply--for anything. Your eyes aren't lying to you.

Draenei = occular perfection.

Dorf = eye bleach needed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Dranei, only if female
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Definitely Draenei, because dwarves are, well.....dwarves.

But in all seriousness, as people said above, if you PvP - go dwarf. That racial is far better in PvP than the Draenei one.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I enjoy being an enraged knee biter. I'm just not a Draenei kind of guy thought. Since bc hit I've never witnessed their starting zone....
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Who in their right mind wants to play a toon that resembles a rotting tree stump?

Go for the Draenei - we's sexy as hell!
Reply Quote
dwarf shaman is slightly superior in pvp.

either choice is good for pve.

never cared for the bipedal space goat thing, especially the females, since they tried to make a goat into a sexy creature. just doesnt work for me.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Im sorry, but stoneform only works for ferals and rogues. Honestly the little 40k heal from gift has saved me or my partner many times. Also, keep in mind that Gift is considered a holy spell, so if you get locked from your nature heals, you can throw that out in the mean time.

Love my space goat, but I will probably go dwarf to change it up. Been Draenei since BC with no complaints

**edit: I will be race changing for the casting animations. I really like male dwarf casting since spinning pigtails of the females doesn't do it for me.
Edited by Suspecttwo on 4/9/2012 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Im sorry, but stoneform only works for ferals and rogues.

and dks and warriors and hunters and spriests...and 10% DR is useful vs anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Be a man and play a dwarf.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/05/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Eironn
For DPS increase in a PvE enviroment I would go Draenei. You get plus 1% hit.

And the waggle racial, better than any hit.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
fem dorf = 1000% cuter
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/10/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Ashunera
And the waggle racial, better than any hit.

I'd hit that
/sunglasses
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]