Disc priests in mop beta.

85 Human Priest
anyone else a very sad panda pun intended about the rapture of changes to disc playstyle.

bleh its so lackluster and boring imo. 4.2 and 4.3 were by far the most fun ive ever had playing my disc priest.

and then checking the beta out disc is horrible. im sorry but our large tool box the fast paced healing, rapture timing, being able to heavy mitigate with shielding, great single target and a strong aoe healing spell, were what kept me playing this game.

I've healed on my druid, messed with shaman and pally healing and bleh there so boring and mundane to my disc priest.

im so displeased with the changes to disc priests honestly idk if u can even call them disc priests anymore more like holy's ugly and stunted growth cousin now.

If it aint broke dont mess with it.

spirit shell woo a shield i can stack up to around 30k with a baseline 3 second cast time really. I see this spell being compeletly useless in a high dmg raid fight.plz blizzard just dump these changes you have made to my beloved disc priest and keep them as they are now and just spice it up a bit.

IF these changes are permanent I really dont see myself playing my priest anymore let alone healing until i level a mistweaver. or going back to holy which isnt my favorite by far of both the healing priest specs.

plz dont change disc in this manner its alot of fun as is now and if these changes go live then bleh shame on you.

6 second pw shield btw sucks i could understand 3 seconds but 6 for reals? there trying to make one of our distinctive spells into what is now flash heal. but there isnt anything flashy about a 6 second cd.
Edited by Stupidlush on 4/6/2012 6:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
TF
Disc Priests look like they're going to be really simplified come Cata, which is exceedingly disappointing. What helped set the good Disc Priests apart from the bad ones was their ability to manage Rapture well and to effectively throttle their PW:S usage depending on the situation, both of which are now gone in MoP.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not worried about Spirit Shell, you will be using it throughout the content where other healers are still prioritizing heal/holy light/healing wave/nourish. Once those heals become incompetent later, yeah, SS will be useless--but so will all the others.

Everything else, yes...looks uncool. 6 second CD on PW:S is a hilariously awful idea.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Yeah agreed about spirit shell. Blizzard added that spell to be the equivalent of another healer's "heal" spell (nourish, holy light, healing wave, heal). It is supposed to have a long cast time and do very little healing (or absorption in your case). But 3 seconds sounds wrong. Isn't the base cast time on everyone's "heal" spell 2.5 seconds?

Anyhow I though GC said in a post, PW: Shield would be the equivalent of your flash heal.. (might be wrong on this). If that were the case, i am confused why it would have a CD.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/06/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Gardiff
Anyhow I though GC said in a post, PW: Shield would be the equivalent of your flash heal.. (might be wrong on this). If that were the case, i am confused why it would have a CD.

He did say that he wants PW:S to be their equivalent of a Flash Heal. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Like, what if you ever have to flash heal two different people? Nah, disc priests can't do that.
Reply Quote
14 Gnome Mage
04/06/2012 09:00 AMPosted by Evayle

He did say that he wants PW:S to be their equivalent of a Flash Heal. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Like, what if you ever have to flash heal two different people? Nah, disc priests can't do that.
No idea what you mean. You flash heal or shield two people in exactly the same way. Cast the spell on the first target, then on the second. What discipline cannot do is cast PW:S twice on the same target in a short period, which contrasts with flash heal.

Developer comments about PW:S and flash heal likely only indicate that (outside of rapture) PW:S should be a high hps, low hpm emergency heal, sort of like it originally was for Holy. As the changes in Cataclysm have shown repeatedly, Blizzard is not entirely comfortable with preemptive shield spam on every target softening burst damage.
Reply Quote
04/06/2012 06:38 AMPosted by Stupidlush
im so displeased with the changes to disc priests honestly idk if u can even call them disc priests anymore more like holy's ugly and stunted growth cousin now.

I remember feeling like this before Cata came out. Holy was THE spec to play, and Disc felt like a watered-down version of Holy. Then Cata came out and Holy had a lot of issues, so Disc was better than Holy again. Now they're about equal... It's going to be very disappointing if we revert to being sub-par again.
Edited by Phedree on 4/6/2012 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/06/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Mouthwash
No idea what you mean. You flash heal or shield two people in exactly the same way. Cast the spell on the first target, then on the second. What discipline cannot do is cast PW:S twice on the same target in a short period, which contrasts with flash heal.

Six second cooldown on Power Word: Shield. Flash Heal seemingly doesn't exist.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
right there with ya.
Reply Quote
28 Dwarf Paladin

04/06/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Evayle

Six second cooldown on Power Word: Shield. Flash Heal seemingly doesn't exist.

Flash heal still seems to be a baseline priest ability available to all specs in beta so I'm not sure exactly what it was he said, but I don't believe he meant it was a replacement for flash heal. It is a larger instant cast absorb so you could easily compare it to any emergency burst heal.

If they're going to leave it at a 6 second cd they should at least put it back to 30 second duration though.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The cooldown is ridiculous, unless they made it really inexpensive to cast.

Disc Priests already can't bubble their entire raid for a full 5 minutes anyway, why add a 6 second cooldown? What is that preventing?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/06/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Evayle
Six second cooldown on Power Word: Shield.

/facepalm
Reply Quote
28 Dwarf Paladin
The cooldown is ridiculous, unless they made it really inexpensive to cast.

Disc Priests already can't bubble their entire raid for a full 5 minutes anyway, why add a 6 second cooldown? What is that preventing?

I still don't have my AP beta invite (/anger) but on the mists version of wowhead PW: S is only 6.2% base mana compared to 32% on live. Not sure exactly how that works out with the new static sized mana pools, I'm not sure if base mana changed significantly...

Losing the ability to remove the cooldown is either an attempt to get us to use it less (obviously) or maybe they just haven't gotten around to removing the cd for disc priests after they re-did all the talents. Priests were one of the last ones to get touched it seemed (priest glyphs still haven't gotten the same treatment as other classes it seems like).

In 10 mans I will sometimes blanket the entire raid in shields for expected burst damage in dragon soul, typically combing the spam with power infusion.

Another possibility is that an expensive instant cast spell with no cooldown may have seemed like to easy a way for someone to shoot themselves in the foot if they're making the mana situation more of a pain than it was. Maybe they just dumbed it down and made it cheap so you can't hurt yourself ?!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/06/2012 10:53 PMPosted by Parsnip
Not sure exactly how that works out with the new static sized mana pools

For a priest, that's probably something like 6k mana.
Reply Quote
28 Dwarf Paladin
04/06/2012 10:56 PMPosted by Anarri
Not sure exactly how that works out with the new static sized mana pools

Wouldn't that be 6% of their total mana? Or do mana costs get calculated after the 400% increase?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
04/06/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Parsnip

Wouldn't that be 6% of their total mana? Or do mana costs get calculated after the 400% increase?

Priests don't have the 400% increase since we're only casters without a melee spec. We just sit at 100k mana naturally. And it costs 6200 mana exactly.

I'm not incredibly worried yet. Still very early in the beta and GC mentioned that they're still going over healer regen, which should be pretty obvious given that Disc has no mana regen aside from Meditation.

Otherwise, heals are apparently getting buffed to be larger soon. We're supposed to be stronger at the start of Mists than we were at the start of Cata, with less of a worry being placed on our mana, while we should worry about our mana more at the end of Mists than we do now.
Reply Quote
28 Dwarf Paladin

Priests don't have the 400% increase since we're only casters without a melee spec. We just sit at 100k mana naturally. And it costs 6200 mana exactly.

Oh yea... that explains why the priest %s are so different than the other classes.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
bump for necessity
Reply Quote
I'm a very sad goblin right now. I love disc. I pve disc, I pvp disc. I was leveling a priest as disc with a friend until they stopped playing for a while. So I leveled this disc priest. This is garbage. I hope I didn't spell disc wrong anywhere.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/06/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Skootalloo
given that Disc has no mana regen aside from Meditation.

Wait, did they delete Rapture? It's on the talent calculator skill list.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]