Hunter Class in MOP

85 Orc Hunter
I played the beta last night for the first time. Copied over my 85 BM hunter to try things out a bit, and these are my first thoughts. No order.

Attacking with bow and no deadzone felt... natural. Played smooth. I liked it, and won't miss my 2 handed axe stat stick going forward.

Camo is what he should have been from the get go, as long as you use the glyph. I think hunters will get a lot more use from this now, as opposed to being a flavor item.

Murder of Crows is much better then I expected. It's like your watching "the Birds" for 30 secs, as numerous birds come out and attack your enemy, if he dies, it moves to the next one. Very cool.

I wanted to try Narrow Escape but couldn't get it to work last night. I'll try again later.

Camo + Wyvern shot = fun

Just first thoughts as I kick the tires of the BM Hunter class in MOP.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I played the beta last night for the first time. Copied over my 85 BM hunter to try things out a bit, and these are my first thoughts. No order.

Attacking with bow and no deadzone felt... natural. Played smooth. I liked it, and won't miss my 2 handed axe stat stick going forward.

Camo is what he should have been from the get go, as long as you use the glyph. I think hunters will get a lot more use from this now, as opposed to being a flavor item.

Murder of Crows is much better then I expected. It's like your watching "the Birds" for 30 secs, as numerous birds come out and attack your enemy, if he dies, it moves to the next one. Very cool.

I wanted to try Narrow Escape but couldn't get it to work last night. I'll try again later.

Camo + Wyvern shot = fun

Just first thoughts as I kick the tires of the BM Hunter class in MOP.

Glad to hear it, would love to tests some things out but sadly no invite.

Also kinda makes you wonder if they had to re instate original (well semi original) camo what does it say of its current state. Imo they should acknowledged their fumble on this one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I can't wait to see if BM becomes viable in high rated play, with the pet spawn health bug gone, faster res, a ranged kill command, and 60 sec bestial wrath + readiness and silencing shot, it's looking pretty good! I can't wait for my access to try this stuff out.
Edited by Reimmi on 4/6/2012 10:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
04/06/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Reimmi
I can't wait to see if BM becomes viable in high rated play, with the pet spawn health bug gone, faster res, a ranged kill command, and 60 sec bestial wrath + readiness and silencing shot, it's looking pretty good! I can't wait for my access to try this stuff out.

Only issue atm that I see in beta is that the +20focus on basic attack 15% chance blah blah, has never proced yet for me on beta yet. Also the instant rez is on all my pets, (course talent trees are bugged for pets, cant talent them, kinda auto done atm), seems to be quite always there. BM looks viable in all aspects, which makes me extremely happy.
Reply Quote
04/06/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Ferenczy

Ugh I felt so awkward like this. I kept trying to kite the mob that attacked me out of habit forgetting i didn't have concussive shot, and then i kept click trying to raptor strike forgetting i don't have that or the glyph anymore >_<

It'll take some getting used to, but it will be nice on stack fights thats for sure and they aren't bad changes :P
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

Ugh I felt so awkward like this. I kept trying to kite the mob that attacked me out of habit forgetting i didn't have concussive shot, and then i kept click trying to raptor strike forgetting i don't have that or the glyph anymore >_<

It'll take some getting used to, but it will be nice on stack fights thats for sure and they aren't bad changes :P

out of curiosity what is our go to slow now? How is reliable kitting accomplished now
Edited by Prieto on 4/6/2012 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/06/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Prieto
out of curiosity what is our go to slow now? How is reliable kitting accomplished now

Glyph of Arcane shot makes arcane shot slow like concussive. You just have to use pay more attention to your focus when kiting now. This combined with Marked for Death glyph(mark of death talent turned into a glyph) makes switching targets much more convenient.
Edited by Karlmarks on 4/6/2012 4:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
04/06/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Karlmarks

Glyph of Arcane shot makes arcane shot slow like concussive. You just have to use pay more attention to your focus when kiting now. This combined with Marked for Death glyph(mark of death talent turned into a glyph) makes switching targets much more convenient.

this is concerning, making a lot of our abilities into glyps
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Have seen in many videos, we finally get a viable heal! :D
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I heard the damage on MoC wasn't that great for what the focus cost is.
Edited by Compadre on 4/6/2012 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
04/06/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Compadre

I thought they didn't tune the dmg yet, but were mostly working on the talents/abilities before fine-tuning dmg for the classes?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
04/06/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Compadre

That's what happens when you fight a lv 90 dummy when you are only lv 85 (or at least, that is what I heard the issue was).

MoC on lv 85 mobs is...well...it's like a flock of crows on a corpse, except the corpse isn't quite a corpse...yet...

Forsaken beware!

04/09/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Ferenczy

I thought they didn't tune the dmg yet, but were mostly working on the talents/abilities before fine-tuning dmg for the classes?

That too - currently MoC is looking to be significantly better damage than Lynx Rush and Call Beast, but number pass hasn't happened yet, so they should end up more reasonably close.
Edited by Zulgaro on 4/9/2012 8:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
When I checked on the Beta it looked like MoC was doing about 1600dmg/second. It crit fairly often, so I'm assuming it's properly based off ranged crit chance. This is with 0 buffs.

Assuming 30 tics with a 50% crit chance (what I have raid buffed), it's looking to be about 70k per use. I'm sure raid buffs will bring that up even more, and i'm not sure if the tic frequency is affected by haste.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]